1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Lol @ anorexic woman. I dunno actually. It may all just be the fact that it looks like things are sized better on the model this time around. Not necessarily the model himself...

These are the cupro blend wrap pants - http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/yoh0112008blk. Also, got your PM, will reply shortly :).

Yeah, the styling is really not great. This might actually be a combination of the model's pose and the combination of items. If the blazers were here would have been a little bit better I imagine. Wish they had an action shot as well as the robo-poses for most of these items of clothing as they really do not look that great.

2. the shah

the shah Senior member

I would think the energy of the runway would be quite difficult to channel. At least he'd need fake facial hair :p

the prices are the same, as far as I can tell. Still discounted but not any more than they had been past few weeks. A few steals to be had, depending on what you're after.

Also that sweater (same pattern as the cardi Mr Lee is wearing up there that I just picked up) I think seyed posted a pic is available at barneys warehouse sale among a few others (including navy pinstripe tapered trousers)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  3. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

ss13 didn't had fake facial hair =)) they had blue eyes.

4. dantebykiko

standing on his own show.

[​IMG]

5. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Senior member

looks like there is a lot of yohji pieces at good discount @
    ikkon.com

6. dantebykiko

stacking yohji. - i don't know what to say. the nice bit start around 39:00...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. the shah

the shah Senior member

ss12 drops at hotoveli
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

:worship2: :eek: "I don't know what to say" indeed. I don't know whether to be horrified or impressed and envious... He must be a "gentleman of Bakongo". Some of them take their Yohji very seriously.

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

daaa-yuhmmn.

that cat needs a rolling rack.

1 person likes this.
  10. the shah

the shah Senior member

LOL well then ...

"yohji c'est pas la mode ... c'est l'anti-mode" :cool:

11. Arche

Arche Senior member

The last few days have seen some great surprises and one big disappointment, Yohji-wise. To my great annoyance, I got outbid, at the last minute, on one of the zipper coats from 04 (the longer one with the zipper down one sleeve). I just hope it was won by one of the deserving contributors to this thread! It was a size 3, and 4 is usually best for me, so perhaps it was all to the best anyway, since it might have turned out to be every so slightly tight in the shoulders. On the positive side a few things arrived in the last few days, which I'm really pleased with. Firstly, there's a great YYPH SS 2010 white cotton shirt. The cotton is very soft and the shirt is a lovely loose fit, with two "trick" front pockets (they appear to have flaps over them, but in fact the pocket is behind the flap which is ornamental). Secondly, a YYPH hat which is either from AW 2002 or SS 08. Since it's leather and fairly thick, I would assume AW 2002. It has a kind of squashed pork-pie look, which definitely adds to the hobo aesthetic, but I like that. It's a dark, slightly silvery grey, and covered with fine, very short fur. I'm assuming it's cow leather. Finally, and most excitingly, my latest shoe purchase arrived: the YYPH AW 2004 shoes I posted photos of a little while ago. Having a closer look at them, they actually remind me quite a bit of the blue horse leather derbies that Ivwri had. These are also horse leather, and the dye seems to have been painted on the leather and the sides of the sole in a way that gives a slightly worn, uneven effect. Although they fit me perfectly as a size 43, they are actually quite elongated in the toe, which again adds a great Chaplinesque feel to them. Without doubt the nicest pair of shoes I've owned. Will post fit pics of the new stuff when I get a chance.

2 people like this.
  12. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Yeah thanks, I see them now, I dunno which you're referring to at first since these are cotton, btw I counted 7 belt loops instead of 8. Also the wrap panels are less easy to spot. I guess how you distinguish between wool & lighter fabric pants when looking at the hem drawstrings. Cotton:- white thin strings. Wool:- black thick ribbons like the waist ones. Perhaps the white ones are lighter to go with the more delicate fabrics...

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A quick hello from a HK hotel corridor. Hence no detailed info :(

YYPH SS13 Look 21 Extendable " Train " Blazer - 56/44 cupro/cotton.

YYPH SS13 Look 21 Wrap Pants - the 100 wool gab iteration. Here worn unwrapped.

Both sz 2, the blazer feels like a coat at the back, the pants feel like a coat at the front. Flow/drape epitomised.

SS Tee, Nike Air Presto ( walk a lot on vacation )
    Gung Hei Fat Choi [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    8 people like this.
  15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks great, David! Wh

Also, Barneys FTW! Great selection. Now, we'll see if the SF location decided to stock anything this season. [​IMG]

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

very nice indeed, shifu ! would love to see it in motion hah

17. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

all these links are keeping me motivated to save up for a big yohji purchase at the end of the year
    there probably wont be much spring stuff left but if there is and its good (and lets be honest, most of it is) I will be dramatically upgrading my collection!

edit: The tanks are a little rediculous though. I'd be surprised if they sell well. Not worth 500 dollars for cotton tanks that look like longer AA tanks.

18. dantebykiko

pretty sure they will go as fast as the rest of the stuff. its ridiculous to compare yohji cotton with AA cotton.

19. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I agree that feel is superior to design. But a cotton tank has a pretty low upper ceiling on how great it can feel. Esp since materials like viscose and linen are lighter and softer in making them better for summer wear.

I don't think the 500 dollars for that tank is justified on feel or aesthetic.

20. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Well, not to start a whole pricing discussion, but it is worth noting that Yohji's print stuff tends to be priced pretty high generally because of how he gets them done. It's usually a little bit more involved than just a straightforward automated silk screen print or heat transfer deal. Might be worth digging up some background on how the prints for the tees were done in the first place actually.

There are some cool videos on V&A that show the various print methods Yohji tends to use and they are all done by old craftspeople in Japan by hand (like the silk jackets from SS12 or the hand embroidered jackets from SS11 to quote more recent examples.)

Hand-done work in Japan is pretty expensive from what I understand. Not justifying the pricing, just saying that that is usually how it goes with Yohji's printed/embroidered items.

1 person likes this.