1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Senior member

*still for sale but I do believe it to be same one
    shown on runway, amazing wool gab

2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

yes and no. same season very different cut for both, jacket and trousers. trousers are super wide and the jacket its half-lined without the vest. beautiful gabardine indeed. also mine its black.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  3. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

were there any other y's pants that had that white thread running down the side? Also what was the season code if you dont mind me asking.

I have a suspicion that the pants that I have might be related. The too have that white side stich/stripe.

4. dantebykiko

5. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

You meant MU- ?

6. dantebykiko

yeah,.... my bad.. was checking some y's femme garments early today and YU stucked. the code should be MU.

2 people like this.
  7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

is the fabric almost like a sweatpant like material, very soft?

MU-P14-101

If yours are the same i must ask how you get them to keep such a tight fold!

8. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

[​IMG]
    YYPH/MOMA

The construction of this sweater (100% wool) is really amazing. It appears that the sweater was knitted with "empty" windows into which the colored patches were then knitted into. The patches are of a different weight and weave than the sweater as a whole. It's a subtle contrast that I really enjoy. Also nice is that I can sneak in a little color.
    Code of the sweater: HT-K39-176
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

hey auburn, great stuff!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  10. misterpretender

misterpretender Member

looking great dantebykiko and auburn!!! [​IMG]

11. the shah

the shah Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. davidlee388

I hope you guys know who the seller is, he's one of the master Yohji disciples...here.

Anyway, his stuff are always top notch, just like Wire.Artist's.

AW08 Handstitched Suit, iconic Runway pieces from that season, even rarer chance if you can bag the suit, I'm like shah forever searching for the matching pants.

AW05 Look 2 Leather Insert Blazer, great piece from my fav season, I know it's great, I have one.

AW05 3/2 B blazer, old school great Yohji cut.

SS11 Double Lapel Suit, again super stuff, I tried the blazer in HK so I know. Also rare opportunity to acquire a suit.

SS11 Priest Shirt, everyone knows it's a must have for a self confessed Yohji die-hard, whether it's cotton or wool.

AW00 Mao Collar Blazer..... I may be interested myself but I'll step aside for someone who can do it justice :)

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

why none other than A himself !

i just got an email from Luis, pdf of the ss13 lookbook so all the codes are in there should anyone be interested (i think the site doesn't have it?)

14. dantebykiko

the lookbook its on the website too, no? with all codes etc.

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

good because i'm too lazy hehe

i thought for some reason the codes were no longer on the site never mind !

luis why you tempt me with lookbook :fu:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

LN-CC have put up their first delivery of SS13 and it looks stellar as expected from all the reviews so far. They did not pick up the gabardine wrap pants, but they did get them in a cupro blend which looks like it is a similar fabric to what Atelier might be putting up soon (they got the extensible train blazer in a similar blend, so they might have also picked up matching pants).

They got some of the batik-style print Tshirts and the long sleeve split hem Tshirt which looks really nice in my opinion.

Hope they get some more of the blazers with their second delivery (hopefully they actually get a second delivery and this is not all of it).

Prefer the model they used this time for their Yohji stuff. That and maybe they just sized it better...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  17. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I'm curious why you prefer this model. He looks like an anorexic woman with bad posture.

Batik t-shirt and the bags are cool. Doubt they will make it down to my price range.

18. davidlee388

LN-CC has the cupro wrap pants, where? Btw I PMed you elsewhere ( perhaps you've not checked your inbox yet? )

The batik print Tees are great in person, they are priced unbelievably where I've seen/handled them. The split hem Tees seem to be available in different fabrics. The orange one is 100% cotton and seems to have a dual layer construction ( the inside is white ).

I doubt if LN-CC is getting a 2nd delivery but think they are putting more stuff from this delivery after they've done the photography. It'll be criminal to not having > 1 blazer.

1 person likes this.
  19. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

The pants look cool, but the LN-CC styling just stifles the energy of the runway presentation for me. Maybe it's the robot pose. Or the socks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013