1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Senior member

finally got it :D

3 people like this.
  2. misterpretender

misterpretender Member

those trousers and jacket are amazing!!!!

3. misterpretender

misterpretender Member

got this y's x joyce trousers with suspenders awhile back. not as nice as those vertice ss13 yohjis though...need to save up money for a new pair of yohji trousers =)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

judging from the low rise of the crouch and the big buttons, also slim suspenders, im pretty sure those y's pants are from the femme line.

5. the shah

the shah Senior member

footwear appeared first at ln-cc's ss13 buy

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I like the white ones.

7. sshum

sshum Active Member

Can one of the resident experts point out the details that makes one pair a wrap vs. tuck? And anyone know what the japanese retail is on the above?

The local store received their 1st drop and they had 2 similar pairs of the above pants in wool gab + 1 in rayon. One of the wool gabs used a drawstring waist enclosure, with pleats front and back, 2 side pockets and ties at the hem on the inside. The other wool gab used a drawstring and button enclosure at the waist with 2 back pockets with buttons, ties at the hem which showed on the outside and noticeably less pleats. They both seemed to fit the same even the the front & back pleated pair was a size 2 and the other was a size 3.

The rayon pair differed from the wool gabs in that it did not have any ties at the hems. Instead they ran an elastic around the leg of the pant about 12" from the bottom hem. It was also a little shorter than the wool gabs and really looked like a skirt when on. I think these ones were on Look 35.

The store also had a pair of the turquoise blue patterned pants. The biggest difference between this pair and the other 3 black pairs was that it had a drop crotch. I never tried it on as the store was closing.

Sorry no codes as the SAs don't really give you time to snap any pics of the tags. One of the gabs had 023 and the other 047 as part of the code.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  8. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I think I could shed some light on the wrap vs tuck difference.

Basically, the wrap iterations have an extra layer of fabric that wraps around the side and is fastened somehow to the front of the pants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This can be undone so that the extra layer of fabric is free to move around when you do.

[​IMG]

If those who have actually handled the collection could chime in as well that would be great.

Unfortunately, no idea of Japanese pricing at the moment. You could shoot Sharpservice an email?

9. sshum

sshum Active Member

Ok that makes sense now. The pairs I tried definitely were not the wrap version then. Hide-san seems to have gone MIA these days so need to find a new proxy. But without the actual codes, it's hard to tell the proxy what to look for as there seems to be a few variations of the same pant with different details.

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yeah that's true. The Yohji website does have the codes for the items shown on the runway, but of course, not all iterations are on the runway. Could be some help though?

11. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

there is not much gabardine in the runaway, retail is 1000 euros aprox for the wrap pants (good price tbh) I think the shorter version with no cuffs is the sleeper this season. the flap in the picture is part of the jacket btw, nice piece and the cut is very small...i need a sz 4, watch out this season (cuts are small!)

on a side note I'm putting for sale a lot of things, check sz. All really good items, I'm just gravitating towards only gabardine + little details (new take), all bloody rare as usual.

http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16010

4 people like this.
  12. misterpretender

misterpretender Member

yes it's from the women's =)

13. misterpretender

misterpretender Member

those black espadrille ones are pretty darn sweet [​IMG]

14. ers04004

ers04004 Well-Known Member

15. dantebykiko

more boring shit. aw00, ss03, aw99, raf x martens.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

your "boring shit" is more rad than my standout fits haha! :)

17. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I think the wool gab " wrap " pants are the same cut as these Look 21 pants. The wool ones ( HX-P15-100 ) have belt loops, button + ribbon waist closure. The legs of the pants comprise 2 overlapping soft hand wool panels of fabrics fastened only by one hidden button at the waist and one button at the hem. It means if you do not button them at all you will see the whole side of your leg from thigh to foot. The overlapped layer of outer fabric can then be further tightened at the hem with ribbon creating a ballooning silhouette. Does it make sense? They are not one size fit all if I remembered rightly seeing a sz 2. The retail here is .....hmmm let's say the UK are robbing b**tards.

18. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

YYPH SS13 Look 9 Block Dyed Panel Blazer in 100% rayon + 100% cotton patchwork construction, split unequal length back hem.
    [​IMG]
    Very quick roadtest after a very quick succumbing to temptation, it's too good.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    5 people like this.
  19. dantebykiko

y's aw03 suit, muji, raf x doc.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

is that the one shah was selling?