• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Magic1

Reaction score
I'm not in love with that piece, but you shouldn't discount it as not being yohji since it's not oversized or baggy. After all, yohji wears his jacket slim in the body and hugging the shoulders. he only wears his pants baggy.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fit doesn't worry me. think they should've put a size 4, not 3, on the model. in any case, i like the collar, the lapels, the double layer closed with a belt. i'd want it whatever the brand. but i hope most people agree with you and don't buy it, and maybe it will still be around come sale time. :devil:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty interesting as it seems every online retailer that stocks Yohji picked up that coat. I initially thought it was a different iteration of the look 11 coat when Atelier put up their own buy, but looks like it is not. The LN-CC buy is not too bad in my estimation. They got the distressed knits, silk pants, the engineer boots, the look 15 jacket and even the mountain hats :devil:.

Pretty surprised they didn't stock the capes or even the button collar jacket Atelier picked up and according to their newsletter, this is the complete buy.

For what its worth I also like that coat. I think the inner belt and double lapel construction make it more "Yohji" than say Dries for example. They also size down a lot when modeling Yohji so I wouldn't use the way it looks on the model as any solid indicator. Saw a picture of it worn correctly sized imo and it looked great. Not sure I can share it on here though.

EDIT - Looks like Vertice London has finally gotten the full size range for most of their pieces for anyone who is curious. Also wondering why those cropped pants that both they and LN-CC picked up go up to size 6...pretty random.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Saw a picture of it worn correctly sized imo and it looked great. Not sure I can share it on here though.

:bounce2:

this is from few seasons ago, e double layer coat
100% wool shell fabric

rHvNz.jpg

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
This is a re-post of a fit. Ivwri and Asobu, I promise to show this ex-Asobu's piece in better light.

YYPH AW98 Stitch Blazer ( HY-J30-999 ) Size S, 100% wool, dry hand but supple fabric, quite unique. It's a SB/DB blazer, off-white buttons, inside left strap to fasten blazer in a semi-open fashion. Or it can be fastened the classic DB way with a single button ( 3rd from a roll of 5 on right panel ) Or it can be done up SB style with a single button ( shown fastened to strap ). Striking white stitching on lapels, under collar and top half of back panel. Button on left lapel decorational. Classic oversized, drop-shouldered silhouette. Buttonless sleeves with cuff stitch details. Superb in motion, when buttoned DB the bottom 2 buttons reveal and hide themselves in motion. Final touch of genius:- underarm vents. Construction is stupendous. A top ten piece easily.

YYPH SS09 Look 15 Leather Insert Pants ( HV-P07-114 ) posted before, size 3, supersized, low crotched fit. 100% wool, softer and lighter than 100 gab. Belt loops, back pocket flaps and darts on leg buttoned pockets in leather. Very comfortable pants.

YYPH SS10 Stitch SS Tee ( **-T52-081 ) Size 3, 100% medium weight cotton. Black with contrast white reverse stitches on front right panel, shoulder seams and sleeves' seams.

YYPH SS09 Patent Leather Sneakers ( HV-E04-754 ) Size 2, black patent leather, 7 eyelet closure, beautiful laces. Rubber soles with white accents on the edge. The good old days of YYPH - made in Japan lol

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, cupper is right. That coat I wore is an AW04 coat in wool gabardine. Picked that up off of wire actually :).

Damn David Tha looks so nice. I just missed picking up that jacket from asobu actually then I later found out you were the one who got it, lol. Good to know it is in a good home though. Great stuff.

Really like that coat of asobu's so nice. Fit is great too. Was hoping to do a ghetto version of that exact fit by picking up the cotton double layer jacket from SS12, but I ended up missing out. Still need to pick up some Docs :nodding:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is the double layer coat I'm wearing. The very same one actually as I picked it up from Rex! Had been looking for it for a couple of years so I was very happy to finally have got my hands on it. From AW00.

what are the boots in Asobu's fit? are those just reddish docs? i like that color with black/white everything else

Pretty much, they're MIE oxblood Solovair 11 holes. These. Love them, this pair and a pair of 10 holes black docs are on my regular rotation all year round except for the summer months.

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
those pants in black sold on ebay for £80 couple of months ago. the guy who it's co-owner of ln-cc was the seller. still annoyed that i didn't go for them...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads