Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

and i missed them too? Annoying.

2. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

oh and the new stuff is in at eastern market but i'm actually resisting going at the moment because I can't afford anything and it gets me down, ha. :embar:

3. Arche

Arche Senior member

Just catching up on a few days of posts, and I see that David has posted some more great images. The fit of that last suit in particular is fantastic. I've noticed that Yohji has used that kind of internal strappy-buttony thing (not sure what to call it), on a number of jackets and I really like how it works.

I've recently given in to Yohji-philia and bought a few new pieces, which should be arriving within a week or so. The items are fairly simple, since the more elaborate items, or stuff from recent collections, is still out of my price range, but I'm still looking forward to trying them out. The first two items are YYPH jackets. I'm not certain which collection the first one is from, but I think it must be AW 98, from the code. The second one had very bad seller's pictures so I've posted one of the runway shots from AW 96. Having mentioned the slashing of jackets in an earlier post, I'm really looking forward to wearing this one. The third item is some Y's linen pants for summer. I will post some fit pics when they arrive, but in the meantime:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I am very intrigued by the 2nd blazer you have bought. Please post a fit pic :)

Your Y's pants have long front pleats ( and perhaps back pleats too ). Are they there per se or you think some dry-cleaners press them on by mistake?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

some photos from new arrivals at conduit store :drool:

londors -- prepare invasion Phase I

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tell us more about that floral jacket :inlove:

7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Man, that floral jacket looks amazing. Unfortunately, I think it is Y's which is now solely a women's line I think. Not that this should stop a guy from wearing it, it just means I will probably not be able to get my size :(.

[​IMG]

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

tell us more about the pants too :)

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Pants look like these ones but in a different fabric. Also, Y's :). What will it take for someone to go to one of the flagships and just sit there trying on everything for a few hours so that they can come back and offer us their impressions? :p

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

love the fabric in the first pic. the extra long elastic hems are a snowman-magnet :laugh:

11. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Night out dressed-down/dressed-up outfit.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Y's Yohji Yamamoto SS05 String Blouson ( MY-Y02-001 ) 100% cotton, dark black, dry hand medium weight fabric. Unlined, size 3, Big shirt collar, double riri zip closure, riri zipped side pockets and zippers for the sleeves also. Adjustable waist with long string through 6 eyelets on each side at the back.

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH SS11 Drop Crotch Cargo Pants ( HO-P55-057 ) 100% cotton, thin, dry hand brushed fabric. Size 3, likely to be Japan Exclusive because waist is very much a regular size 2. Button closure with belt loops. Side pockets, 2 buttoned flap back pockets, large left cargo pocket with buttoned flap. Super drop crotch ( to the knees ) makes the VW Man ones look tame. Wide hems. Dramatic and go well imo with the tighter upper half silhouette. Yohji still the best in this kind of pants.

Y's x Dr. Martens AW08 Boots ( ME-E53-752 ) - already posted

Basic SS Tee and CDG H+ belt.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

those pants :slayer:

today i was earing trousers and felt they werent wide enough despite being the widest non-yohji i own :foo:

what's the word on yohji yamamoto jeans pour homme ??

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ys cotton suit with blue trim
    mtm linen shirt with band collar
    white chuck taylor
    zissou belt

thanks to dantebykiko for the tip on the suit. I think it's late 90s. code MF-J04-009. size 3 and pretty big on me. but not bad for that "looser fit". the fabric looked like tweed in the listing, but it's actually a thick cotton drill (or is it twill) made up of gray and white thread. the lapels and pockets are trimmed with royal blue cotton. there's a breast pocket that's placed really low and cargo pockets on the pants. not sure really what to wear with it, so I just went with white.

fabric detail:
    [​IMG]

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

That is a beautiful suit Parker. Love those blue accents. That combined with the grey really make it. Love the way it fits too. Perfectly oversized in my opinion.

Your hair completes the picture :slayer:

Killer fit as well david. That blouson is really nice with the lace details at the back. You really have a sweet Yohji wardrobe!

@snowmanxl Yeah I took a closer look at those pants yesterday and I must admit I am definitely intrigued by them. The waist measurements on their site look really small though, even in a 4. I wonder whether it is a mistake, or maybe that's why there's a size 6 listed on there as well?