• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bump

above question

I will say that I had to size up in the Benjamin suit. I am almost exactly the same size as you, and I have a 40R. I tried the 38 first, but it was too tight in the chest.

Granted, this was about 2 years ago, so the measurements could have changed, but that was my experience.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
^

Thanks for the response.

My chest measurement is 38.5" or 39" depending on the day. In a perfect world I'd need a 41.5" or 42" chest and a 29" length.

Classico 38S: chest 41", length 28.5"

Classico 39R/40R: chest 43", length 29.5"

Which would you choose?

thisfits

Reaction score

^

Thanks for the response.

My chest measurement is 38.5" or 39" depending on the day. In a perfect world I'd need a 41.5" or 42" chest and a 29" length.

Which would you choose?

I'd size up. I'm a 37.5" chest, 5'7" and went with the 38S.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

^

Thanks for the response.

Which would you choose?

Really hard to say for sure... at 5'8" you're sort of right in between... if you're in the states you might as well try both and use the free shipping code SFFRSHIP.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Ben -- it just occurred to me that your packages ship from New Jersey. Hope everyone is safe and doing well after hurricane.

Thank you very much for your message and concern. Indeed we as a whole have been affected by the storm, but not nearly as badly as many many family and friends. You may or may not be aware, but I am currently located in London, UK to better service and further expand the European customer base. Colleen, our US business manager, has been doing her best to fulfill orders and address customer service issues. Thankfully the office/distribution center does have power, however there is still no internet access. She has been utilizing a borrowed portable hot spot whenever possible to do what she can, and is up to date with order fulfillment and is working on processing returns and other customer service inquires. Thankfully the property is a second floor property in the downtown area and so was not affected by any flooding, fallen trees or broken windows. Much of the town is still without power and there are many large mature downed trees so there are many roads that are blocked. As I'm sure you are aware it is havoc, further compounded by the gasoline shortage. Hopefully things will be reconciled over the next few days, but this is all clearly unprecedented. But as far as business is concerned, it is indeed up and running - we were down for the first part of the week but we're all caught up now in terms of order processing. I believe outstanding returns will be processed by Monday if not today.

azumi

Reaction score
If I want a suit with different type of fabric to any suits available on the website, could you make this for me somehow?
Or should I want to have a minor modification, such as pants length, leg width at bottom, will I have to send you my request by email right immediately I ordered the suit online?
Thank you, hope everything will be recover quickly in NY.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If I want a suit with different type of fabric to any suits available on the website, could you make this for me somehow?
Or should I want to have a minor modification, such as pants length, leg width at bottom, will I have to send you my request by email right immediately I ordered the suit online?
Thank you, hope everything will be recover quickly in NY.

Hi and thanks for your message. I'm not sure I understand your questions clearly, but we currently do not have a made to order capability, but will hopefully in the future. As for slight modifications, this also is not yet in place, but again, we are hoping we can later offer these types of products and services.

Thanks!

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Great please let us know how it works out for you!

Both suits arrived and I tried them on quickly last night. First thoughts:

38S:
Pants fit perfectly.
Jacket seems a bit tight in the chest, but I think this is more a result of me previously buying coats that were too big. It looks great, in fact I think only minimal alterations would be needed if any.

39/40R:
Pants are too big in the waist and through the thigh.
Jacket fits like I'm used to, however it does not look as good in the mirror as the 38S.

I am going to take both to a tailor and get his opinion on the matter.

As for the quality of the suits I was amazed. I have been researching suiting for about 5 months now and finally decided on the Benjamin as the best cost/quality ratio. I am glad I did. It blows away any suit I have ever worn in material and craftsmanship. I have never purchased a suit with such high arm holes before...the difference is stark. I will never buy another without them.

Consider me super happy with my purchase. I will post pictures at some point when I can get someone to take them for me.

Oh, and if you start offering the Classico in light gray and deep blue sharkskin I will purchase them immediately
fing02[1].gif

OptoDoc

Reaction score
After a trip to the tailor, we decided to keep the 38S. Only alterations needed were to move the first button due to a slight pull to the left and to hem the pant legs. Everything else was perfect. In fact, the pants seem like they were made specifically for me. Consider me very surprised to have an off the rack suit fit that perfectly. I hope the Classico never gets retired.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

After a trip to the tailor, we decided to keep the 38S. Only alterations needed were to move the first button due to a slight pull to the left and to hem the pant legs. Everything else was perfect. In fact, the pants seem like they were made specifically for me. Consider me very surprised to have an off the rack suit fit that perfectly. I hope the Classico never gets retired.

Awesome - thanks for sharing/posting!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads