• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Has anyone had issues with the cut of the Classico trousers? I found the Maestro pants (size 38) to be slightly too snug in the seat, but the legs were fine. I recently had to return a pair of size 40 Classicos because, while the seat was fine, they were FAR too tight in the thighs - even slimmer than my (size 38) J. Crew Ludlow trousers. Are they supposed to be so skinny, or did I get a mislabeled pair of pants?

I'll let others weigh in, but from our standpoint, while the Classico trousers are slim, we don't find them to be nearly as slim as some of the Italian brands like Borrelli or the European Incotex lines. I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Separate question: How many of you guys out there would be interested in a Benjamin 34R or 34S suit? I ask because I've received two inquires in the past month requesting this size. Even if you were one of the guys who asked, please weigh in so I can get a sense of demand...

thisfits

Reaction score

I'll let others weigh in, but from our standpoint, while the Classico trousers are slim, we don't find them to be nearly as slim as some of the Italian brands like Borrelli or the European Incotex lines. I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.

I likewise found the size 32 Classico trousers a bit too tight in the thighs, and so exchanged for a 34. I'm kind of a big-thighed guy, though.

I own a pair of Incotex trousers in 32, and offhand I'd say the Classicos seemed a touch slimmer in the thighs.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I likewise found the size 32 Classico trousers a bit too tight in the thighs, and so exchanged for a 34. I'm kind of a big-thighed guy, though.
I own a pair of Incotex trousers in 32, and offhand I'd say the Classicos seemed a touch slimmer in the thighs.

Thanks for weighing in. Are your Incotex that you're comparing to made for the US market (with US sizing) or European market/sizing? Benjamin Classico model is definitely slimmer than the Incotex US...

Mr. Caber

Reaction score

I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.

So the Verdis are a fuller cut than the Classico? I wish I'd known that before I had two pairs of Maestros cut down from a 42 to a 38!

:censored:

Last edited:

homespun

Reaction score
Would definitely be interested in a Benjamin 34S suit! I'm sure there other small guys out there interested as well.
You should seriously look into getting some pieces..

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So the Verdis are a fuller cut than the Classico? I wish I'd known that before I had two pairs of Maestros cut down from a 42 to a 38!
:censored:

Sorry... yes indeed.

azumi

Reaction score
Having searched on Internet, I found that the working button sleeves is better. It gives an implication that we can afford a tailor made suit, but I still don't know why someone prefer to leave the first button undone?
Ben: Are your suits have sleeve button holes done? When I have the suit in my hand, the only thing I need to do is have the buttons sewn on the sleeves?
Thank you.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves are basted for a working button hole if you want to add one--but they do not come with one. You can have your tailor attach the buttons normally or add working buttonholes.

Working buttonholes are fine (I prefer them), but you *DO NOT* want them already cut on a jacket. If they are already there, you cannot adjust the sleeve length except from the top of the sleeve where it meets the shoulder--a very difficult and expensive alteration. If you see a coat that has already-cut working buttonholes, this almost always means that it is a poor quality coat trying to take advantage of a false indicator of quality.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Will there be any 39S/40S Charcoal Classico suits available in the near future?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The sleeves are basted for a working button hole if you want to add one--but they do not come with one. You can have your tailor attach the buttons normally or add working buttonholes.
Working buttonholes are fine (I prefer them), but you *DO NOT* want them already cut on a jacket. If they are already there, you cannot adjust the sleeve length except from the top of the sleeve where it meets the shoulder--a very difficult and expensive alteration. If you see a coat that has already-cut working buttonholes, this almost always means that it is a poor quality coat trying to take advantage of a false indicator of quality.

Correct - thanks for responding to the original inquiry!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Will there be any 39S/40S Charcoal Classico suits available in the near future?

Near future... no, unfortunately. I think all we have is the navy. Probably at least a few months out for charcoal to come in.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Ok, question. I am 5'8", 39 inch chest, 32 inch waist with a shorter torso relative to my legs. Do you think I could get by with the 38S suit or should I get the 39R/40R and have the length taken up an inch? I can't wait for the 39S/40S charcoal to come into stock as I need this suit within 5 weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads