• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

thisfits

Reaction score

The factory is having problems locating all the swatches, and I'm not sure which ones they have and which ones they don't have now! Also one of my fabric sources in Italy never shipped, so those are still in transit. Once I get everything organized I will try to post swatches. Maybe I'll just post a bunch of them anyway, and hopefully all will be found soon...

That sounds like a headache. But yes, it would be great if you post swatches.

By the way, random question -- just received my Classico back from the tailor. It's the first time I've tried this guy out, and I appreciated his attention to detail. I noticed that there were rubber grippers on the waistband of the trousers, and a bit of fabric tape at the hem. Were these included with the suit?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That sounds like a headache. But yes, it would be great if you post swatches.
By the way, random question -- just received my Classico back from the tailor. It's the first time I've tried this guy out, and I appreciated his attention to detail. I noticed that there were rubber grippers on the waistband of the trousers, and a bit of fabric tape at the hem. Were these included with the suit?

Rubber grippers are indeed part of the construction of the trousers. Fabric tape for the hem is not - likely added by your tailor. Indeed it seems you have a tailor that pays attention to detail - nice of him to do this without you asking. Fabric tape at the hem is sometimes added to 1) add a bit of weight at the bottom to keep the drape of the trousers lying nicely, and 2) can help protect from wear/fraying of the inside cuff.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I found Caruso fits softer than Canali, and they're generally cut slimmer.

Agreed, although as I probably mentioned before, Caruso has about a gazillion different models. That being said, 99% of them are generally cut slimmer than the average suit.

bings

Reaction score
any black friday sales from ehaberdasher?

i'm looking at buying a bunch of stuff for the christmas list.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

any black friday sales from ehaberdasher?
i'm looking at buying a bunch of stuff for the christmas list.

Sorry, we don't have any additional promo codes. We do have the free SF shipping code for orders over $150: SFFRSHIP.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By the way we FINALLY got in our second shipment of Classico basic suits (charcoal, navy and medium grey) and trousers.

rocketman

Reaction score
I tried a Suit Supply( Napoli style) in a 44r and was too tight in chest and thighs.
6' 5" , 210LBS, 36 arms, 39 US waist. 44L in JAB. Maybe a 45/46l in Classico model ?

TIA

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I  tried a Suit Supply( Napoli style) in a 44r and was too tight in chest and thighs.
 6' 5" , 210LBS, 36 arms, 39 US waist.   44L in JAB.    Maybe a 45/46l in Classico model ?

TIA

Tough to say sounds like it could work - worth a try at the very least.

These Caruso suits may be good possibilities as well:

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-12956/Caruso-Suit-cln--45L-fdsh-46L/Detail

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-12953/Caruso-Suit-cln--45L-fdsh-46L/Detail

dls160

Reaction score
Quote:
In my opinion it is probably passable, but just a hair short for my personal tastes... how tall are you dls?

eHaberdasher,

I'm 6'2" which makes it hard to find quality sport coats and suits long enough. That is why I've been really looking forward to your upcoming sport coats and suits in new patterns. Thats unfortunate that they can't find the material that you sent them. Sounds like they have a customer service and quality control issue. As much as it hurt to do, I returned the Riviera Sport Coat because it was just too short. At my height, and probably with anyone as tall or taller than me, the jacket needs to be at least 32" from the bottom of the collar. It fit perfect in the shoulders, chest (love that high armhole cut), and waist. Well I hope they find the material soon!

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

eHaberdasher,

I'm 6'2" which makes it hard to find quality sport coats and suits long enough.  That is why I've been really looking forward to your upcoming sport coats and suits in new patterns.  Thats unfortunate that they can't find the material that you sent them.  Sounds like they have a customer service and quality control issue.  As much as it hurt to do, I returned the Riviera Sport Coat because it was just too short.  At my height, and probably with anyone as tall or taller than me, the jacket needs to be at least 32" from the bottom of the collar.  It fit perfect in the shoulders, chest (love that high armhole cut), and waist.  Well I hope they find the material soon! 

Yes at 6'2" I would imagine you'd always need a long vs. regular. Seeing the Riviera was helpful - I'm pretty sure you'd need the e52L in the new Benjamin jackets and not the 50L. I think you're going to like the Benjamin jackets - once they come out that is! I'm just tweaking the jacket a bit more, and will probably make a 2 button model also. Will also make some with flapped besom pockets too - not just patch pockets.

They've found most of the fabrics now, thankfully. They're organizing everything and almost ready for me to give the final OK on the model and then hopefully things will move forward from here!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By the way, Benjamin shirts (made by SAITT - maker of Mastai Ferretti et tal) are marked down to $60 and Benjamin ties (many with Zegna and some Tom Ford fabrics) are now only $25.

ajmanouk

Reaction score
are the benjamin trousers hemmed? i noticed the new stock has a slightly shorter inseam. for instance, the 34 waist has a 35 inseam...which if unhemmed wont have enough fabric for me :(

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

are the benjamin trousers hemmed? i noticed the new stock has a slightly shorter inseam. for instance, the 34 waist has a 35 inseam...which if unhemmed wont have enough fabric for me :(

No, not hemmed... I'll have someone double check in the warehouse tomorrow and let you know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads