• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you for your reply.
I am looking for dark navy or dark grey colors. Could you elaborate on a new model? How much padding if at all in shoulders? What would be the length of the jacket for Regular? Would the pants be low-waisted and how wide in a thigh and seat? I haven't had much luck with most garments made for US market, especially gigantic pants.

We currently have a full stock of dark charcoal grey and dark navy Benjamin suits.

The new model likely won't be ready until spring of 2013. Trousers are going to be essentially the same as the current Benjamin Classico model - a trim European fit with a shorter rise. It is slimmer than most US branded garments that traditionally have a large and roomy fit. Here are a few pics of the new model as posted before. Padding is minimal. This is a 3 button that roles off the top button, so the top button and button hole are somewhat "hidden" from view. Note the sleeves are going to be tapered in a bit more for the production. The lapel hole is done by hand on this one. :nodding:

Last edited:

Rusty

Reaction score
The new model likely won't be ready until spring of 2013. Trousers are going to be essentially the same as the current Benjamin Classico model - a trim European fit with a shorter rise. It is slimmer than most US branded garments that traditionally have a large and roomy fit. Here are a few pics of the new model as posted before. Padding is minimal. This is a 3 button that roles off the top button, so the top button and button hole are somewhat "hidden" from view. Note the sleeves are going to be tapered in a bit more for the production. The lapel hole is done by hand on this one. nod[1].gif

Very nice. Looks inspired by that batch of Rivieras that came through a while ago.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely.
I've noticed that lapel roll is very modest on the jacket. I have a couple of canvassed carusos and roll on them is crazy. Would be nice to see more substantial roll when jacket is closed.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We currently have a full stock of dark charcoal grey and dark navy Benjamin suits.
The new model likely won't be ready until spring of 2013. Trousers are going to be essentially the same as the current Benjamin Classico model - a trim European fit with a shorter rise. It is slimmer than most US branded garments that traditionally have a large and roomy fit. Here are a few pics of the new model as posted before. Padding is minimal. This is a 3 button that roles off the top button, so the top button and button hole are somewhat "hidden" from view. Note the sleeves are going to be tapered in a bit more for the production. The lapel hole is done by hand on this one. :nodding:

Looks very nice. I worry a bit that the gorge is too high--is this maybe just a perspective thing from the photos?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looks very nice. I worry a bit that the gorge is too high--is this maybe just a perspective thing from the photos?

I think it is because the photo is shot from a lower vantage point.

dls160

Reaction score

When you say that the new model won't be ready till Spring 2013, are you talking about just the upcoming suits or are the sportcoats not going to be available till Spring 2013 either?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

When you say that the new model won't be ready till Spring 2013, are you talking about just the upcoming suits or are the sportcoats not going to be available till Spring 2013 either?

Hopefully sooner... just don't want to disappoint if I quote an earlier date. Working things out with the factory now. I may be getting my hands on super 200's fabric from Zegna (normally 190 euros per meter!) and some other amazing fabrics from Loro Piana as well... getting very excited!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopefully sooner... just don't want to disappoint if I quote an earlier date. Working things out with the factory now. I may be getting my hands on super 200's fabric from Zegna (normally 190 euros per meter!) and some other amazing fabrics from Loro Piana as well... getting very excited!

Would love to see swatches for the new jackets when you get a moment... Good to have to plan purchases :D

bimsalabim

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think I made too rash of a decision in purchasing two 43/44R Benjamin suits (charcoal and dark navy) and having standard alterations made to them. After I had the chance to wear the charcoal suit a few times, I don't think the shoulders are broad enough for my build. Eh, to the StyleForum classified sections they go, deeply discounted. The navy one at least. If anyone is interested in the charcoal, I could be quickly persuaded to sell that as well.

Such a nice suit--its truly a shame that the shoulders aren't a bit wider.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Would love to see swatches for the new jackets when you get a moment... Good to have to plan purchases :D

I know I'm lame... will try to post some later today! So much to do, so little time... please bear with me.

dls160

Reaction score

I know I'm lame... will try to post some later today! So much to do, so little time... please bear with me.

Great, looking forward to seeing the swatches! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK here are some swatches - I'm just going to throw them up for now. They are all nice and are either Zegna, Colombo, Loro Piana, maybe Barbera... can't remember anymore and don't have time to list the details - I'll get to it one day... Many cashmere, cashmere blends, all amazing! And this is only SOME of them...

Anyway headed to Germany for the Christmas markets before going back to the states for holiday next week!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok I just got in this Riviera plaid sportcoat in a 41R that I bought from you guys at eHaberdasher. I need everyone's opinion on the fitting. I'm worried that it might be too short in the sleeves and in the skirt. It fits great in the shoulders and underarm, however I might have to take it in a little at the waist but thats not a big deal. Love the material and the look of the fabric though.
looks great

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads