1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

First off I wanted to say thank you for the feedback on the upcoming Benjamin Sartorial items. I was wondering if you could post a tentative timeframe/calendar of when you expect the new line of Benjamin Sportcoats, Benjamin half-canvass suits that you talked about recently, a restock of Benjamin full-canvass suits in the current solid fabrics + any new fabrics, and new Benjamin shirts in new fabrics to become available on your website? Sorry to continue to beat a dead horse but the waiting is really getting to me. I just want to know, and I'm sure others do to, how long we are looking at.

2. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

That is awesome of you. Thanks, Ben.

By the way -- do you happen to have any mid-grey Classico suit trousers left in size 34? I'm wanting to pick up a second pair.

The whole reason why I'm in the market for a new navy suit is because the trousers wore through on my older one. I'd ignored the general advice to buy two pairs of trousers with every suit -- not going to do that again. :embar:

3. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You've all been so patient. The solids restock is due to come in early/mid September. I will have to get back to you regarding everything else.

4. eHaberdasher

I'm waiting for Colleen to get back to me in the US showroom to let me know if we have an extra pair. I'm thinking we almost definitely do. I'll PM you later.

The navy suit you have with trousers that are worn through - it's not a Benjamin is it?

5. eHaberdasher

6. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Certainly not! :)

I've had my Benjamin for about a year and half, worn maybe once every other week or so, and it's doing just fine.

That does remind me of a question I've been meaning to ask, though -- are there any long-time owners of Benjamin suits that can share how the Super 140s fabric holds up over time?

I've had people ask me about that, since it falls outside of the 120s-130s range that's generally considered a good balance of durability and nice hand. I know there's more complexity around the characteristics of any given fabric than expressed in that general rule of thumb about super numbers, so I figure I'll throw the question out there and see what people have to say.

7. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

In terms of things I'd like to see:

Sport Coats - Coming
    Half-Canvassed - Coming
    Benjamin Sarotorial Suits in different colours: Pinstripe, Lighter navy - Coming, eventually
    Made to Order Suits in crazy fabrics: Glen plaid, Browns, POW check - possibly coming; long way off.
    Made to Measure Program - ? - (this would be a bitch to set up)
    Grenadine Ties - ? - So far the best price I've found on these is KW's for $75. By the time I add shipping, and possible Canada customs, it's $100+.
    Benjamin Shirts with spread collar, size 16.5/34 - ? - I have a Benjamin shirt that is semi-spread, and it's good, but I prefer more spread. Not crazy cutaway, but more spread.
    More Benjamin ties, particularly conservative ones! - ?

Garment bag for suits shipped to Canada. :)

8. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

I'm in the market for some new suits and recently found the Benjamin line. I'm trying to learn more about them as I only seem to come across positive comments and reviews regarding them. I was wondering if there was a break down or dscription of the different fits/cuts the suits come in or will be coming it. (I noticed the suit selection was a bit bare and read the comments referring to it)

Thanks!

9. Quiglejm

Quiglejm Member

Hey SFers, has anyone bought Benjamin trousers and gotten them altered to let some room out in the waist & seat? Perhaps optimistically eyeing some 30 waist pants and want to know how much room for growth I have. Greatly appreciate any information. Cheers! [​IMG]

10. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I'll 2nd this.

11. eHaberdasher

Other than the items marked "Coming":

• We will indeed have new different fabrics other than the solid navy, charcoal and medium grey coming as well.
    • We HOPE to set up a Made to Order program offering a wide variety of fabrics
    • I'm scared of MTM online, so probably won't offer it.
    • I think I saw some Battisti grenadines last time I was in Italy, but they were asking too much. When I go back to Italy later this month (hopefully) I'll see if they still have them.
    • Benjamin shirts... working on it. SAITT moved their factory so that's why everything's been delayed. I was going to go with a different factory but had problems with them too. It's tough being a small guy.
    • Will work on Benjamin ties - I kind of haven't really focused on that at all... also I was hoping to source more silk from Zegna but was never able to get more.

12. eHaberdasher

Yes, selection is extremely bare at this point. Sorry about this. We hope to be fully restocked in September with some new fabrics as well!

OK so here's the suit model breakdown, but more of an evolution. All are the same details including fully canvassed, same construction, high arm holes, etc.

Maestro: This was the first model which for the most part was meant to be similar to Canali, but with a higher button stance (similar to the now obsolete Isaia "Scott" model). High armholes, European but not slim fit.

Lucente: Slimmer model also with a higher button stance, longer skirt of the jacket, slimmer fit overall including slimmer trousers.

Granoro: Like Lucente but lower button stance (classic positioning), shorter skirt of jacket, same slim fitting trousers.

Classico: Like Granoro except slightly more forgiving trousers in waist/seat/hips. Also slightly modified and tightened up the jacket collar.

Due to come in September: Classico II model which is basically the Classico again, but we adjusted the jacket collar a little bit more. Also we will be offering just a few Napoli model suits to a select few. We hope to offer Napoli soft shoulder jackets later in September/October.

Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  13. azumi

azumi Senior member

I want to buy some beautiful things on the UK store and could you please tell me how much do you charge for the shipping cost to the US?

Thank you very much.

14. eHaberdasher

Shipping is based on weight and calculated at checkout. It's very expensive to ship to the US from the UK, but note that you won't have to pay VAT which is deducted at checkout (about 18% less than the price you see on the site).

1 person likes this.
  15. eHaberdasher

Sorry somehow I missed this post before... Yes there is about 1.5" to let out the waist in the Benjamin trosuers. One thing of note the Verdi model is quite a full cut, whereas the Lucente and Classico models are slimmer (Lucente being the slimmest of all). Hope that helps!

16. azumi

azumi Senior member

I've bought a sportcoat from the UK site and really zealously expecting its arrival.

17. Quiglejm

Quiglejm Member

That's very helpful, thank you for the reply. Eagerly awaiting the restocking of your suits! There's a 38R Lucente Med Grey or Charcoal in my future.

18. eHaberdasher

Great - please let us know how it works out!

19. eHaberdasher

Please note the Maestro and Lucente are discontinued. Moving forward it will only be the Classico and the Napoli for the time being. We will be restocked in September, but may have an extremely limited supply of Napoli suits coming sooner.

20. JEdge

JEdge Active Member

Sorry for the confusion, but I don't see the Napoli-line detailed in your previous post #1612; can you please give a quick comparison between it and the Classico?

I am also in the market for a new suit, ready to purchase now, but willing to wait for quality. There is a suit supply here in DC, but from what I gather I wont be saving much money (seems they go for around $450), and will be sacrificing quality. I would certainly be interested in the half-canvass line. I wear a suit everyday to work and beat them up quite a bit in the daily commute. My lack of inventory right now makes a $300-$350 suit of good quality attractive.