• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W.W. Chan tweed jacket (pictures inside!)

drake

Reaction score
I don't see how removing roping would make the jacket look leaner...?

Regarding the length... maybe. I have been thinking about asking for 1/2" longer jacket for my next commission but whenever I look at myself in a mirror my jacket seems very long to me, so I don't know.

Originally Posted by dkzzzz
My exact impression. Although very sharp jacket, I wonder if eliminating roped shoulder and making a jacket a little longer and gorge a little lower would have made overall silhouette more lean and better shoulders-to-hips proportioned ?

This wasn't my first commission from Chan.

I only had a baste fitting for this jacket.

I haven't had much luck with RTW suits or sport coats. I don't know any RTW brands that really make the type of cut that I want, that's why I went to Chan.

Originally Posted by bcate3
very nice, drake. I have my issues with my Chans but I don't have any with yours. Was it done w/ extra fittings? Was this your first from Patrick? Also, are you a difficult fit with RTW? You and Patrick have accomplished a good looking jacket. enjoy.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The length looks fine to me. I go to a very traditional tailor, and mine are every bit as short. IMO, most people wear their jackets way too long.

FunnyJunk2000

Reaction score
Some people are saying this jacket is too fitted? Isn't waist suppression good? If this was not a tweed jacket and instead it was a business suit, would it still be too fitted?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice fabric selection.

freelance robotics

Reaction score
I think the detailing is a little flamboyant, the whole Regency era callback of the skirt and the shoulders seems kind of anachronistic to me. On the other hand, that fabric is absolutely beautiful--probably the dressiest and most subtle tweed I've seen.

kcc

Reaction score
Razor sharp tailoring. Very nice

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the most of the criticisms here - take a walk along the shop windows in Savile Row, and this is the typical cut you'll see, in different manifestations.

It's veddy Brrritish, that's all.

flatfront

Reaction score
I love the silhouette it's by far the best part of the whole look and would agree it is a classic Dege/Huntsman/Kilgour shape which is my preference.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads