• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W.W. Chan tweed jacket (pictures inside!)

drake

Reaction score
Just got this jacket from W.W. Chan last month but have been busy with finals then the holidays so haven't had a chance to take pictures. The fabric is a hand-woven Harris Tweed. Patrick told me this is the last lot he could get and his supplier told him he couldn't get him anymore so I guess I placed my order at just the right time.
chan5.jpg
chan3.jpg
Here is a closeup of the shirt, also by Chan, the fabric is from Thomas Mason.
chan4.jpg
Comments, criticism, praise are all welcome.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. My question. Most suits I like have a very smooth transition line from shoulder to seam to sleeve. Do most custom made suits have that characteristic bump at the shoulder seam? It doesn't look too good but that's just my opinion.
drake;828459 said:
Just got this jacket from W.W. Chan last month but have been busy with finals then the holidays so haven't had a chance to take pictures. The fabric is a hand-woven Harris Tweed. Patrick told me this is the last lot he could get and his supplier told him he couldn't get him anymore so I guess I placed my order at just the right time.
chan1.jpg

drake

Reaction score
I like roped shoulders.
Originally Posted by Coho
Very nice. My question. Most suits I like have a very smooth transition line from shoulder to seam to sleeve. Do most custom made suits have that characteristic bump at the shoulder seam? It doesn't look too good but that's just my opinion.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why? Please explain.
teacha.gif

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Drake,

do you have any pics of the rear or the sides? The front looks very well fitted.
bigstar[1].gif
Although, the I think you can get the overall length slightly shorter on the jacket. Just curious, what size shoulder is that and how long did it take to get the jacket made? I may go the HK bespoke route when I have some travel time.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
I tend to like a more English military cut. Nipped waist, flared skirt, and roped shoulders.
Me too. That's a very pronounced cut, something how I imagine Dege or Huntsman would do it. Very very nice. Is there some linen in the shirt? Very nice too.

tbone226

Reaction score
Great jacket. Did you get measured during the US order tour or in HK with fittings? Also, is that shirt linen?

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does look as though you're leaning forward a bit, so the length might not be showing properly. I also agree that it might be a bit too fitted for me, but I think it looks very good and I love the roped shoulder.

flatfront

Reaction score
Really love the cut.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I am a big fan of the roped shoulder too on the right coat and IMO it works well with the heavier tweeds.
Not over keen on the cloth but that's all personal preference. I also really like the shirt.
This picture has given me even more desire to purchase some interesting tweed based sportscoats.

emptym

Reaction score
Looks great. Were you measured here? By whom? Enjoyable process?

Do people think it's better to go to HK or fine to stay here?

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Harris tweed is gorgeous! What is it called? And is it really impossible to get anymore?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads