• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W.W. Chan tweed jacket (pictures inside!)

emptym

Reaction score
^ If it isn't totally out, you might ask them to make you a pair of pants. I really like the one tweed suit I have. Sometimes I wear the pieces separately. Good, as iammatt once said, to have options.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good above the natural waist, but below, the extreme waist suppression and open quarters give the impression that mighty hips are pulling the jacket apart.

Perhaps this is only due to your posture in the picture.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
The fabric is a hand-woven Harris Tweed. Patrick told me this is the last lot he could get and his supplier told him he couldn't get him anymore so I guess I placed my order at just the right time.

Just Google it. You will lots for sale online. I can't understand why they say it is so difficult to get.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Just Google it. You will lots for sale online. I can't understand why they say it is so difficult to get.
At my last visit (November in San Francisco), I tried to get a gray tweed. Patrick told me that they are getting very low on tweed. He didn't tell me the reason. I think the suit is very well done. But I would like to see more photos. And I'm not sure if that is the OP's natural stance. It appears he is standing on something with one leg to get the coat in frame and therefore, the other leg looks like it is floating. Also, it looks like you have a very short neck. Does that change the way you ask the suit or shirt be cut? I have a bit of a skinny long neck and Patrick only recommends wide collars for me.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Also, it looks like you have a very short neck.
Oh, and my neck is not really short, I'm just looking down like an idiot -_-
Jacket looks amazing, drake. Your posture is a little off in the picture, but I love the cut.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
At my last visit (November in San Francisco), I tried to get a gray tweed. Patrick told me that they are getting very low on tweed. He didn't tell me the reason.

On Patrick's last two visits (July and November) I ordered Shetland tweed jackets, and Patrick didn't tell me about any "tweed shortage." This doesn't make too much sense unless they are no longer weaving tweeds in Britain, which seems most improbable.

In the case of the OP, Patrick may have informed him that that particular Harris tweed would no longer be available, but I don't think that implies the demise of Harris tweed as a jacketing/suiting fabric in general!

drake

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I was looking down when I took the picture. I've updated the first post with pictures where I'm not looking up.

I really appreciate the comments; I think you (yfyf) and LuckyStrike are two of the best posters in the what are you wearing thread
smile.gif

I did ask for fairly open front quarters.

The shirt is 100% Linen; it's from Thomas Mason's Goldline. It's quickly become one of my favorite shirts.

Originally Posted by yfyf
Good stuff though it looks like you're leaning forward so I can't quite tell what's going on.

It doesn't look like it pulls very much at the waist, did you ask for very open quarters?

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Me too. That's a very pronounced cut, something how I imagine Dege or Huntsman would do it. Very very nice.

Is there some linen in the shirt? Very nice too.

I updated the first post with pictures of the back as well. It's fairly short already; I don't think I can go shorter.

I wear everything from a 38 to 42 in RTW. I don't know what my actual size is... the jacket took ~5 months from when I chose the cloth to be fitted and then delivered.

Originally Posted by Coho
Hi Drake,

do you have any pics of the rear or the sides? The front looks very well fitted.
bigstar[1].gif
Although, the I think you can get the overall length slightly shorter on the jacket. Just curious, what size shoulder is that and how long did it take to get the jacket made? I may go the HK bespoke route when I have some travel time.

Measured and fitted while on tour by Patrick Chu. Yes, very enjoyable, I love working with Patrick.

Yes the shirt is linen.

Originally Posted by tbone226
Great jacket. Did you get measured during the US order tour or in HK with fittings? Also, is that shirt linen?

Originally Posted by emptym
Looks great. Were you measured here? By whom? Enjoyable process?

Do people think it's better to go to HK or fine to stay here?

I asked for fairly open front quarters and also a flared skirt.

Originally Posted by mack11211
Good above the natural waist, but below, the extreme waist suppression and open quarters give the impression that mighty hips are pulling the jacket apart.

Hand-woven Harris Tweed.

Originally Posted by JLibourel
On Patrick's last two visits (July and November) I ordered Shetland tweed jackets, and Patrick didn't tell me about any "tweed shortage." This doesn't make too much sense unless they are no longer weaving tweeds in Britain, which seems most improbable.

In the case of the OP, Patrick may have informed him that that particular Harris tweed would no longer be available, but I don't think that implies the demise of Harris tweed as a jacketing/suiting fabric in general!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
*shrug*

I don't know, this is what he told me. Maybe it's the particular bolt mill he got mine from?

Well, no matter. You aren't going to find a better looking Harris Tweed than that whether it was the first or last piece on earth. It is a very nice jacket.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drake

Reaction score
Thanks.
Originally Posted by iammatt
Well, no matter. You aren't going to find a better looking Harris Tweed than that whether it was the first or last piece on earth. It is a very nice jacket.
I prefer a short jacket and asked for a short jacket.
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think the jacket is a little short, but fit is always hard to tell in a picture and that is a style choice I guess.
Originally Posted by Tomasso
+1

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211

My exact impression. Although very sharp jacket, I wonder if eliminating roped shoulder and making a jacket a little longer and gorge a little lower would have made overall silhouette more lean and better shoulders-to-hips proportioned ?

bcate3

Reaction score
very nice, drake. I have my issues with my Chans but I don't have any with yours. Was it done w/ extra fittings? Was this your first from Patrick? Also, are you a difficult fit with RTW? You and Patrick have accomplished a good looking jacket. enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads