• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Solbiati one is quite heavy circa 420g. It’s gorgeous. There’s another one with blue check.

What’s the weight of the Zegna version?
I think that’s about right for the weight of the linen. I remember 14 oz. I think this and the blue check both sold out a while ago. Maybe Solbiati has replacements now. I don’t remember the weight of the Zegna. Maybe Derek has a photo of the details. It might have been in the 280-300g range?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t actually know what the content is. Like I think tonik has made some pure wool in the past. I bought the cloth precisely because of its slubby nature. Got a full suit made but playing with the idea of using it as a dj though that may be abit faux pax due to the pin stripes but I think the striping pattern is unique and subtle enough to wear it as an odd jacket View attachment 1358618

This looks like a difficult jacket/suit to wear.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...or I can go somewhat full tasteless

Attachments

• matsunadawhite-main1.jpg
    matsunadawhite-main1.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 39
  • matsunadawhite-cl2-shrttie.jpg
    matsunadawhite-cl2-shrttie.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 38
  • matsunagastripe-ls-nikkawhisky.jpg
    matsunagastripe-ls-nikkawhisky.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 66

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This Solbiati one is quite heavy circa 420g. It’s gorgeous. There’s another one with blue check.

What’s the weight of the Zegna version?
I think that’s about right for the weight of the linen. I remember 14 oz. I think this and the blue check both sold out a while ago. Maybe Solbiati has replacements now. I don’t remember the weight of the Zegna. Maybe Derek has a photo of the details. It might have been in the 280-300g range?

Zegna is 300g. 74% linen, 24% wool, and 2% silk.

MenWithStyl3

Reaction score

Attachments

• 57e32b7e-8ac5-479a-a351-449982263166.jpg
    57e32b7e-8ac5-479a-a351-449982263166.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 73

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @Mr. Six,

Re: Zegna glen plaid
The three swatches' design is identical, so there is no scale difference between them; it is just the angle of the photo.

Re: Solbiati linen
It was fortunate that you did not sleep on this Sartoria Formosa Solbiati linen SC (it is great!) but the fabric' s bunch is long gone and the new one - obviously - does not have any "substitute".

Best,

Dimitris

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just acquired a jacket length through ebay (I paid less than 50$ with shipping) of this wool and silk made by Broadhead & Graves. Wool&Silk is not a mix you see very often and this design (I would call it whipcord) is also quite particular in jacketings.

From the info found at http://www.gladsonltd.com/collection/EnglishCollections/Broadhead_Graves.htm and google it seems that the mill belonged to Huddersfield Fine Worsteds and it was demolished not long time ago. Any further info on the cloth and on the mill is much appreciated.

Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 2.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 3.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 4.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 5.jpg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just acquired a jacket length through ebay (I paid less than 50$ with shipping) of this wool and silk made by Broadhead & Graves. Wool&Silk is not a mix you see very often and this design (I would call it whipcord) is also quite particular in jacketings.

From the info found at http://www.gladsonltd.com/collection/EnglishCollections/Broadhead_Graves.htm and google it seems that the mill belonged to Huddersfield Fine Worsteds and it was demolished not long time ago. Any further info on the cloth and on the mill is much appreciated.

View attachment 1359355 View attachment 1359356 View attachment 1359357 View attachment 1359358 View attachment 1359359

I would make this a suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads