• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep to photos and to a dark brown/cream contrast.

This Solbiati one is quite heavy circa 420g. It’s gorgeous. There’s another one with blue check.

What’s the weight of the Zegna version?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Solbiati one is quite heavy circa 420g. It’s gorgeous. There’s another one with blue check.

I think that’s about right for the weight of the linen. I remember 14 oz. I think this and the blue check both sold out a while ago. Maybe Solbiati has replacements now. I don’t remember the weight of the Zegna. Maybe Derek has a photo of the details. It might have been in the 280-300g range?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t actually know what the content is. Like I think tonik has made some pure wool in the past. I bought the cloth precisely because of its slubby nature. Got a full suit made but playing with the idea of using it as a dj though that may be abit faux pax due to the pin stripes but I think the striping pattern is unique and subtle enough to wear it as an odd jacketView attachment 1358618
This looks like a difficult jacket/suit to wear.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think that’s about right for the weight of the linen. I remember 14 oz. I think this and the blue check both sold out a while ago. Maybe Solbiati has replacements now. I don’t remember the weight of the Zegna. Maybe Derek has a photo of the details. It might have been in the 280-300g range?
Zegna is 300g. 74% linen, 24% wool, and 2% silk.

MenWithStyl3

Reaction score

Attachments

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @Mr. Six,

Re: Zegna glen plaid
The three swatches' design is identical, so there is no scale difference between them; it is just the angle of the photo.

Re: Solbiati linen
It was fortunate that you did not sleep on this Sartoria Formosa Solbiati linen SC (it is great!) but the fabric' s bunch is long gone and the new one - obviously - does not have any "substitute".

Best,

Dimitris

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
Just acquired a jacket length through ebay (I paid less than 50$ with shipping) of this wool and silk made by Broadhead & Graves. Wool&Silk is not a mix you see very often and this design (I would call it whipcord) is also quite particular in jacketings.

From the info found at http://www.gladsonltd.com/collection/EnglishCollections/Broadhead_Graves.htm and google it seems that the mill belonged to Huddersfield Fine Worsteds and it was demolished not long time ago. Any further info on the cloth and on the mill is much appreciated.

Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 2.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 3.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 4.jpg
Wool And Silk Blue Denim Pattern Suiting 5.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.