• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Vastrm Darren

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am looking to dress very nice casual style for everyday of the week. I have ordered a pair of Wolverine 1k Boots and a few pairs of STF Levi 501's in the regular Rigid color and ordered a pair of the regular rigid color of the Levi 508 Tapered.

I really need some Khakis as well but I just don't know what brand to go with or how to incorporate those into my style.(Feel free to suggest some!) I am really excited about the Wolverine 1ks and my 501 Denim that I won't ever have to wash with some Solid Color T's and some nice Cardigans and sweaters.

However, I don't want to have to wear my W1Ks every single day(I wouldn't mind but I don't want to wear them out to fast) and the only other shoe I have right now are some Converse Chuck Taylors( I know I am overhauling my Wardrobe and it is LONG overdue!) and I don't really understand the shoe game yet..and what to wear with what!

So I guess what I need from you guys are some suggestions on what kind of shoes I can rock with my denim and khakis in a conservative rugged gentleman type of way! :)

Your questions rely heavily on your budget. If you are on a low to moderate budget, I suggest Docker Alphas. You can get these in khaki or in colors similar to khaki. An alternative would be to check out your local H&M. They always have an assortment of chinos usually priced around $30.

For shoes, you need something completely opposite of your Chucks but you can't go overboard and wear something too dressy with jeans. I think something like Walk Over Derby Shoes would work nicely with jeans and denim. If Walk Overs are too expensive find something like these.

Last edited:

saysomething

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on slim fitting pants/trousers that are not chinos/khakis - for a casual leaning business casual workplace. I have several shades of khakis but don't feel right wearing them in the colder months. I want them to be versatile enough to wear them outside of work.

Price < $250

I'm 5' 6", 155 lbs, short-asian legged with a big butt.

leeba

Reaction score
I've heard good things about Ciro Lendini on Yoox.
Any more info/comments on these? I too need a pair of cheap dark brown/oxblood shoes, pref <$100 since I suit up maybe 2-3x a year max

NorthernTiger

Reaction score

Any more info/comments on these?  I too need a pair of cheap dark brown/oxblood shoes, pref <$100 since I suit up maybe 2-3x a year max

Can't speak towards the Ciro Lendinis, but I just picked up a pair of the Thompson shoes. It's another one of those "no-name" Italian brands on Yoox. For the $120 I paid, I could have done much, much worse for shoes. They may not be Aldens, but they're completely leather (no rubber) with a fairly slim profile. For the few times I've worn them over the past week, I've liked them.

juhan

Reaction score
im looking for a casual shoe that is comfortable. trying to up my shoe game. budget is 400usd ?

im currently looking at rancourt, sperry( their gold cup line) and oak street.

need some advice and guide which one is the most comfortable. below are the ones im talking about.

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/made-to-order/men-s/beefroll-penny-loafers-natural-chromexcel.html

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footwear/navy-suede-red-brick-trail-oxford

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sperry-Gold...45?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5d38e66a05#shId

red81

Reaction score
can anyone recommend any canvas pants ? i'm thinking something like epaulet's chinos but with a sized inseam (epaulet's only comes in 35.5 i think, and i don't want to hem them or have them rolled up)

bertie

Reaction score
Brooks Bros has a sale on this weekend. The stuff is pretty conservative but ok quality wise

logikel

Reaction score
What is the best brand for high quality skinny jeans? Nudies look amazing but they don't have a physical store in NYC....fit is ideal as it appears online though and I'm looking for something similar...thanks.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the best brand for high quality skinny jeans?  Nudies look amazing but they don't have a physical store in NYC....fit is ideal as it appears online though and I'm looking for something similar...thanks.

there are a dozen different "best brands." It depends on the fit you want and your budget. basically any brand from here will be high-quality, and you also might want to check out APC and of course Dior Homme. And while there's no Nudies store in NYC, there are 10 stores that stock Nudies, according to their website.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is the best brand for high quality skinny jeans?  Nudies look amazing but they don't have a physical store in NYC....fit is ideal as it appears online though and I'm looking for something similar...thanks.

no such thing as best, go for what best fits you...

i personally like nudie slim jim and average joe fits. lots of people like naked and famous but dont forget good old levis they are always dependable.

if you want nudie just go of measurements, i am a 32 and wear a 33 in nudie slim jim, avg joe = 32 for me

WilliamC3

Reaction score
I finally got my very own ToJ Double Rider '10. Now I need some good spring and summer footwear to go with the jacket.

What boots go well with a black ToJ Rider jacket?

Edit:

Okay sinnedk. I'll wear light blue and black jeans. I like dressy/wild.

Here are some boots I'm considering:

I'm open to other suggestions.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members