• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
I`ve posted this question in the Shoes and Boots thread allready, but haven`t got an answer. I know it`s a really noobie question, so I think it`s better to asking in this thread.

I`m planning on buying my first pair of boots for fall/winter. I like the style of semi dress lace up boots like Wolverine 1000 mile or Redwing GT, for example. The problem is that I don`t know, if this type of boot would be a bit to bulky and doesn`t match well with my other clothes. Further I`m really skinny and wear skinny jeans (waist size 26). Only option is tucking them in the boots, but I`m not sure, if tucking in goes well with lace up boots. So if it`s ok could you recommend me a pair of black boots in a price range about 200 $ please. Or what types of boots are decent and would fit better to me? Need some input/suggestions. Thank you for your help...

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green_Pinguin
I`ve posted this question in the Shoes and Boots thread allready, but haven`t got an answer. I know it`s a really noobie question, so I think it`s better to asking in this thread.

I`m planning on buying my first pair of boots for fall/winter. I like the style of semi dress lace up boots like Wolverine 1000 mile or Redwing GT, for example. The problem is that I don`t know, if this type of boot would be a bit to bulky and doesn`t match well with my other clothes. Further I`m really skinny and wear skinny jeans (waist size 26). Only option is tucking them in the boots, but I`m not sure, if tucking in goes well with lace up boots. So if it`s ok could you recommend me a pair of black boots in a price range about 200 $ please. Or what types of boots are decent and would fit better to me? Need some input/suggestions. Thank you for your help...

ronnie5.jpg

Polo ranger boots look good with skinny jeans.

Also, can someone recommend me some stuff to get at American Apparel. I purchased a $25 groupon to spend $50 at AA.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Need some recommendations on winter accessories for teh ladies (specifically, my mother and my sister-in-law). Looking to get a scarf for the former and a chunky knit beret in some sort of muted burgundy or maroon for the latter. Just needs to be a) soft and b) not suck. Thinking $50 - $75 range for each. Saw potentially acceptable stuff on the Nordstrom and UO web sites, but I feel like I can do better (and they're under budget).

Any brands I should look at? Or should I just buy from the place a few blocks away where stuff is knit by homeless people and the proceeds help them out/go to local charities? I'm kind of leaning toward the latter, since neither recipient is a fashionista and they'll probably appreciate the do-gooder angle.

Pinos

Reaction score
hi i got a nice pair of corduroy pants, very dark brown, almost black... i been having trouble pairing it though, what would you recommend for a casual night out?

thanks

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is burberry worth the money? I want to buy one of their leather jackets for spring and was looking at the $1000-$1,500 price range. I realize this would be an investment and I could wear something this expensive for years to come. Also, can their products be bought online if I live in Canada?

Vecna

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying some OK leather gloves for 50-60 USD. I would be using them for driving and general gallivanting. They would be used for NY's winter in the 20s F. They don't have to be really thin, but I'd prefer if they were thin enough for fiddling around in pockets or handling a cigarette. I'm 6'3" so my hands are rather big, and fit is important to me. What do you advise?

Thanks.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Burberry Prorsum is. Nothing else.
Not exactly. Burberry London made in England is nice stuff and cashmere knits can be had for pennies

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vecna
I'm interested in buying some OK leather gloves for 50-60 USD. I would be using them for driving and general gallivanting. They would be used for NY's winter in the 20s F. They don't have to be really thin, but I'd prefer if they were thin enough for fiddling around in pockets or handling a cigarette. I'm 6'3" so my hands are rather big, and fit is important to me. What do you advise?

Thanks.

Saks might have some on sale for cheap. I have a no-name brand from there that were cashmere lined. They keep my hands warm.

Urijah1086

Reaction score
Recommend me a pair of shoes to wear with this. I own a pair of Taupe Suede desert boots which looks good with this when wearing my APC New Standards but I think they blend in too much with the Epaulet British Khaki Chinos. The only other pair of casual shoes I own is the broken in sperrys from J Crew. Any recommendations that are not over $250 would be great. Thanks.
download-3-1.jpg

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any color can do. Black, brown, or burgundy. I don't understand why people make a huge distinction between "casual" and "dress-up" shoes, I wear my wingtips and captoes with pretty much everything.

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Urijah1086
Recommend me a pair of shoes to wear with this. I own a pair of Taupe Suede desert boots which looks good with this when wearing my APC New Standards but I think they blend in too much with the Epaulet British Khaki Chinos. The only other pair of casual shoes I own is the broken in sperrys from J Crew. Any recommendations that are not over $250 would be great. Thanks.
download-3-1.jpg

...the slimmest jeans i own are the RRL slim... If I remember correctly, these are within the price range you specified... Nice pair of jeans...

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vecna
Please recommend me a casual leather lace-up boot for wear with jeans in the 200-300 range. Some people love RW GTs, others not so much, I'm just looking to get a well rounded quality leather boot to wear casually.

Wolverine 1000 mile

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Urijah1086
download-3-1.jpg

Originally Posted by Biff
...the slimmest jeans i own are the RRL slim... If I remember correctly, these are within the price range you specified... Nice pair of jeans...

Major reading comprehension fail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads