1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no frills

no frills Distinguished Member

Hahaha - all I can say is: if I had the resources and the nerve (guts? style? cojones?) to have a 6002G as a daily wearer, I will also probably feel like Godzilla, able to stomp around and destroy entire blocks of buildings with a single swipe of my tail or with my fiery breath.

Also, Godzilla has to satisfy mimo's bottom-heavy preferences. I mean, he has to.

[​IMG]

Aren't they? Side by side, great pics, etc. But a detailed report of that level is the least I've come to expect, given the access that's typically given to PuristS guys!

2. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

[​IMG]- what happens if he didn't see the way of the Dino.

As for the 6002G,...while the engraving may remind one of Godzilla's rough outer skin, sadly I think its finish more strongly mirrors the style of a flamboyant piano player of the past, and would be more aptly nick named the Liberace!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

4. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

It's a 42mm monster; I think it would have to be a mighty woman. But I see what you did there. [​IMG]

Yeah, species and gender I generally take as read before I get to butt shape. You are a peculiar man. But I like you.

5. culverwood

culverwood Distinguished Member

Now who is being casually racist?

6. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I'm English; that part's called "self-deprecating humour".

Anyway, sorry for the digression into do-gooding. I almost forgot the watches in that link. Almost.

The interesting ones, I suppose, should be all those oddities - specially commissioned "collectibles" that are rarely seen. But maybe because I'm not a collector, they are more novelties to me than objects of desire. Ditto the specials from less TWAT-beloved makers like Tag and Hublot: interesting, but I don't want one. It's just refreshing to see something different.

In the objects of desire category, the 5970 is definitely a super-grail. I love everything about it (but I'm with Red Devil, give me a "P" please, Bob...). It's not at all novel or unusual really, in that in simple terms it looks a lot like a dozen other PPs and the layout is hardly unusual. It's just something well-established, done fabulously well. That's why it looks so much like something you'd want to wear (cf 6002G!).

But one thing that's unusual AND massively desirable to me, out of that lot, is this:

[​IMG]

And of course, its slender-but-yet-so-special, behind. This, Frilly, is your Kate-whateverhernameisgenericthinblondewoman. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I saw one for sale online a little while back, and, other-worldly-priced as it was, it still made me stop fantasising about Langes for...oh...hours...

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

8. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

I LOVE YOU ALL

9. culverwood

culverwood Distinguished Member

Watch out Mimo our friends across the water really believe it!

10. in stitches

+1

11. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I would not be prepared to trade a single finger off any one of your hands, for a platinum minute repeater.

That, my dear friends, is bro-love. [​IMG]

12. in stitches

i sold one of those in YG on ebay in december. remember? :bigstar:

13. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I wasn't as thoroughly "TWATted" back in December so might have missed it. But that definitely still scores ten awesomeness points.

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

<3

And that Patek 10 day whatever it is called is super hawt.

But you know, I really actually like the new Patek 5200 that was released at Basel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For $60,000, it is a little more approachable than, say, the 10-day one that you linked to. My only qualm is with the faux bridges. That is quite strange to me. But this is definitely one of my favorite rectangular shaped watches out there right now. Especially the blue dialed beauty.

15. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Hehe eight days is enough I guess!

Call me fussy though, but I much preferred the uncomplicated sub seconds. And the black dial (although those are nice too). And it has to be platinum. Because in dreamland, it might as well be perfect. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.