• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

brown2190

Reaction score
Those look pretty good. How do you compare them to the same size in his SLP jeans?

I can't compare to his SLP as I don't own any but I can tell you the sizing is spot on, I'm a 29 in 501s as well. The Lou fit slim but not skinny. I'm on the shorter side for Céline (178cm) so they need to be hemmed as they're too long. The Union Wash is beautiful

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Random question, do any of you have leather jeans? Any thoughts on how you style them?

For some reason, these speak to me, I liked them during the show and they seem relatively muted. I could see them being an everyday wearer or not wearing them ever and wasting 2K.
View attachment 1825319
long time since I've poked my head around haha, thought I'd chime in for this though.

I had a pair of leather pants a while back and ended up selling them (or maybe they're in my closet somewhere- either way I never wear them anymore.) I just didn't see a reason to where them, and felt pretty outta place in my day to day. They don't breathe well, they get stickier and cling to your skin in a bad way after a few hours unless you and the jeans are rail thin, and mine started to rip at the knee seams. Only place I'd ever feel like they were optimal were at shows when I was goin hard and partying. Anywhere else I'd rather just wear denim/trousers.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I love that leather pair from @shoegazesummer a lot. The pair @SirGrotius posted is more normal in comparison, but that also makes it a lot easier to style. I personally like the styling in SS16 Saint Laurent. Black leather trousers, white sneakers and a patterned shirt/flannel. Could still work great in colder seasons, maybe even better. I think you have to be careful wearing any type of other leather pieces with them. Harness wyatts and a double rider will obviously look like cosplay.

Personally I have a fairly bad history with leather trousers. They're difficult to get right in terms of fit, and the leather used makes a big difference but I assume both Ann and Celine use great leathers though. I own a pair of leather cargo joggers from Rick Owens which I'm hoping to whip out when we finally get ouf of this dreadful summer. The styling is obviously completely different.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Really struggling for anything to buy. I bought and returned the cord varsity in 50. The fit was absolutely perfect, beautiful, but the style is just too loud for me.

On a side note from leather trousers -

kieran, not sure if this is also too loud for you, but I saw the buy book for Boy Doll and it looked like they are planning to rerelease in September (not sure if online or worldwide or just the NYC Madison store I was visiting though) the jacket from FW19 or some variation of it if that's more your thing:

D37F17DE-62AC-4D5D-BF9C-83A488189340.jpeg

I love that Teddy as well but have a hard time reconciling the need to buy it when I have the corduroy teddy already.

I'm also feeling like getting some new suits but Celine and Saint Laurent aren't appealing now

The buy book also listed some jackets arriving in September as having a "classic fit". I think I recall a black pinstriped, a navy pinstriped, and maybe another Prince of Wales, but I really can't remember. So hopefully more classic Hedi fitted jackets and suit sets arrive. Hopefully the suits from dynsfunctional bauhaus aren't too boxy either.
I tried on the Cosmic Cruiser matching jacket with the flared trousers I picked up and it looked terrible to me since it's cut in a boxy fit. Even if a typical slim fitting jacket might look weird with these flared trousers, I was having a hard time convincing myself I wanted a jacket this big. It looked much better when I tried it on with just a tshirt underneath for a more casual look, but still meh on it:

712A908E-B204-486A-BDB3-81327F7C3B8C.jpeg

(I desperately need a haircut lol)

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Seconding the post above.

Jacket has that unflattering fit which makes the torso look big. Not a good look.

I know you're not asking for hair advice but you can try messing around with some different products if you're getting tired of how your hair looks. I think getting a slightly messier look would be cool and would work well with the shoegaze username. : )

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Keep your hair since I think it looks cool, and works with slimanes designs. I agree with passing on the blazer since it looks to long but sleeves fit your perfectly.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, let me qualify the hair thing: it's super important that you be happy with your hair, and not end up in a position where you're keeping it long, or whatever, just to please others. It takes forever to grow your hair that long, so if you did end up cutting it off, you'd really be a long way off of getting it back. But, then again, it will grow back eventually, so if you want to cut it, I say do it.

There's a guy in the Jacques Marie mage thread, who had amazing long hair. Like, I"m pretty sure people would turn around to look at it when he was on the street. He cut all of it off a while ago, and now it's really short now, and I think he looks even better personally.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes those boxy suits do not work but good heads up on that potential re release of the teddy. I am in a similar situation in that I have the classic black and white saint laurent varsity with a super slim cut so can’t quite see myself making space for a teddy although it does tempt me.

papillo

Reaction score
Random question, do any of you have leather jeans? Any thoughts on how you style them?

For some reason, these speak to me, I liked them during the show and they seem relatively muted. I could see them being an everyday wearer or not wearing them ever and wasting 2K.
View attachment 1825319

I own a couple ( an SLP women's version), and they are, for the most part, interchangeable with black denim. I generally wear mine with a white dress shirt to dinners out, or with just a t-shirt on more casual occasions. I usually wear them in the evenings/ night as they can get quite warm. It's not something i would reach for everyday though as they are a bit of a "loud" item of clothing that just calls for unnecessary attention, and I tend to keep everything else muted.

Here is are a couple of pics from a couple of years ago. You cant really see them in the second pic:
nqxNy2V.jpg

RMGOlr7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52