• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

invas_ian

Reaction score
Have to agree with much of what's been said already and found plenty of inspiration per usual. However, I am BOTH surprised and disappointed we still don't have an official Celine site (let along Instagram) video from the show. YouTube has a few BTS of kitted Celine celebrities like Lisa (BlackPink), Kevin Parker (Tame Impala) and Thomas Sangster (actor/Pistols).

rire

Reaction score

Capture d’écran 2022-06-27 à 16.48.25.png

Capture d’écran 2022-06-27 à 16.47.09.png

Capture d’écran 2022-06-27 à 16.47.52.png

Capture d’écran 2022-06-27 à 16.47.19.png

Capture d’écran 2022-06-27 à 16.49.28.png

Lit Harington

Reaction score
havent seen video yet but i'm genuinely so surprised that anyone might miss the pre-filmed video runways. i always found them to be so over-produced (and totally at odds with HS's over-arching attititude to design/art)

rire

Reaction score
havent seen video yet but i'm genuinely so surprised that anyone might miss the pre-filmed video runways.
Let alone the fact that pre-filmed videos were much more interesting (Château de Chambord vs random black box in the middle of Paris, hello?), the main problem this time around is probably that there isn't a video to watch, at all.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far better show. Feels like a Hedi Slimane show again, which Teen Knight Poem and Boy Doll didn't. Not much if anything I'm interested in but runway is pretty much always like that for me.

Think we all knew Hedi himself would still be wearing slim clothes but still interesting to see it confirmed. Those black light merino knits he has on are great for layering. Would prefer mine slightly longer though but can't complain.

Saw this on Instagram, the two button blazer looks perfect. I have the Saint Laurent one but I think the Celine might be slightly better

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the full run of pics is up on vogue, but there don't appear to be any detail shots. The write up from the journalist isn't terribly offensive, either (I assume he's required to mention Lisa).

NovemberFire

Reaction score
First post here in MANY years and I haven't followed Hedi Slimane since Dior Homme FW 05. But that changed w/Cosmic Cruiser. Oversized ss button ups have been popular esp for spring for at least a few seasons, w/Lemaire and Lad Musician doing killer versions. It's $1950 because it's Celine and of course Hedi is going to do his high end take on it. The 100% Silk print one Lemaire just did w/Joseph Yoakum was at least $1150.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post here in MANY years and I haven't followed Hedi Slimane since Dior Homme FW 05. But that changed w/Cosmic Cruiser. Oversized ss button ups have been popular esp for spring for at least a few seasons, w/Lemaire and Lad Musician doing killer versions. It's $1950 because it's Celine and of course Hedi is going to do his high end take on it. The 100% Silk print one Lemaire just did w/Joseph Yoakum was at least $1150.
That's interesting. What didn't you like about his work at Saint Laurent?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read another review of the show in the NYT which was positive and interesting. Funny how nasty the comments are!!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny how nasty the comments are!!
I think the man in the street would find a lot of those looks objectionable, especially some of the ones towards teh beginning. I still think a lot of it looks wearable to me; it's a lot more in line with what I'm looking to the brand for. I would completely rock this python coat
00021-celine-spring-2023-menswear-credit-getty.jpg

I feel like the tailoring looks a lot more in line with his slp aesthetic. Really like the fit of these trousers, and with the matching jacket I think it's pretty deadly.
00023-celine-spring-2023-menswear-credit-getty.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads