• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I grabbed the prorsum biker a few years ago and absolutely love it.

The thick washed/tumbled leather allows me to dress it more casually and worry less about scuffing it, wearing a backpack over it, or inclement weather, & I love all the details ... armour like quilting/oversized zippers/dual zips on the armholes, the diamond roller bars (not sure what they're called) on the neck. The jacket's significantly weightier than anything else I own.

View attachment 1686736
Grail jacket. Looks great on you. How's the sizing?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of control great pic fit and shot. Love that jacket and the hardware is out of this world. Looking sharp

Bill H

Reaction score
Quick help please... the snap just went on the harness of my FW13 ochre, what is the best way to replace and keep as true to original as possible?... I am also going to ask on the SLP thread; thanks for any help

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Hey I'd go to your slp store since they are now offering replacement snaps with the purchase of wyatts boots. Probably should have some there

Randeep

Reaction score
Grail jacket. Looks great on you. How's the sizing?

They're super cropped (as mentioned), but true to size.

Quick help please... the snap just went on the harness of my FW13 ochre, what is the best way to replace and keep as true to original as possible?... I am also going to ask on the SLP thread; thanks for any help

Hey I'd go to your slp store since they are now offering replacement snaps with the purchase of wyatts boots. Probably should have some there

I'm not sure whether the tone/burnishing on the snap buttons you get on wyatts now are the same as the fw13 ones. I ended up trawling through lots of ebay listings to find the a close a match (including width) as possible - I think in the end I didn't bother getting it fixed as luckily had a diff pair to rotate to. But worth inquiring with the store no doubt.

Bill H

Reaction score
They're super cropped (as mentioned), but true to size.

I'm not sure whether the tone/burnishing on the snap buttons you get on wyatts now are the same as the fw13 ones. I ended up trawling through lots of ebay listings to find the a close a match (including width) as possible - I think in the end I didn't bother getting it fixed as luckily had a diff pair to rotate to. But worth inquiring with the store no doubt.
This is helpful; thank you.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
Since we're on the subject of Prorsum, here's my Prorsum shearling. My pal who worked at burberry got it for me from the sample sale for £199 lol. It's so big and heavy that I can only wear it a couple of times a year when it's super cold, but I'm never selling it.

burb.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking excellent especially with the boots and jeans to contrast the upper echelon.

Random question - was reading the WSJ this morning about how Saks is going to raise an IPO and there is mucho interest now that they’ve gone digital. What are some of these brands doing to differentiate in the marketplace? E.g., I’d most likely buy from Celine or YSL direct online with an idea of building up some sort of customer loyalty. Are brands such as Saks resting on their equity, maybe loyalty programs, occasional exclusives, anything else? Mr. Porter differentiates for me since it has great photos and measurements and seems to have an eye on what’s on trend; that said, no tailoring. If Saks offered a tailoring option…I know how much I need certain items altered, etc…

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we're on the subject of Prorsum, here's my Prorsum shearling. My pal who worked at burberry got it for me from the sample sale for £199 lol. It's so big and heavy that I can only wear it a couple of times a year when it's super cold, but I'm never selling it.

View attachment 1687504
This is excellent.
Looking excellent especially with the boots and jeans to contrast the upper echelon.

Random question - was reading the WSJ this morning about how Saks is going to raise an IPO and there is mucho interest now that they’ve gone digital. What are some of these brands doing to differentiate in the marketplace? E.g., I’d most likely buy from Celine or YSL direct online with an idea of building up some sort of customer loyalty. Are brands such as Saks resting on their equity, maybe loyalty programs, occasional exclusives, anything else? Mr. Porter differentiates for me since it has great photos and measurements and seems to have an eye on what’s on trend; that said, no tailoring. If Saks offered a tailoring option…I know how much I need certain items altered, etc…
I'll be honest, I didn't really understand this much, not as a result of your writing, but simply because this is far from my field. I'll let others chime in. But you should talk to the people in the "discussions on the fashion industry" thread, who seem up to speed on finances.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score

I suppose for people who aren't into a specific brand, having a curated selection is pretty helpful. Bear in mind that probably 80%* of consumers aren't honed in on a specific look like we all are.

*statistic completely made up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads