• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

Bryan55

Reaction score
Boot roll call:

Dsquared2 2017 Brogue wing tips in black, brown, taupe and burgundy
Marc Jacobs burgundy combat boots (not sure of the year)
Dsquared2 2019 Punk tape combat boots
Dr Martens BXB 8761
Balenciaga 2020 Tractor Chelsea boots
Balenciaga 2020 Strike Boots

Think my next pick up will be the Balenciaga side zip tractor boots. I may also get another pair of Strike boots in the newer worn black or the orange accents. Also am going to pull the trigger on a pair of cherry red Dr Marten Jadons.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
undercover / blue (almost deep purple (ha) to me very nice) peacoat with the infamous joy division lining - love this one it’s from 99 or 01 I think? wish it was a size larger but I can still pull it off // different zipper configurations which is v cool
I'm a fan of Undercover, but maybe I'm a bit of a heretic who is more than willing to dress outside of Hedi's usual style depictions. I don't have a cohesive style in the sense I don't stick to a specific look every day and constantly dress to it. I'm more than happy experimenting and mixing my Hedi Celine with things like Dries, Galliano's Margiela, Raf's 205w, Demna's Vetements/Balenciaga, Comme des Garçon Homme Plus, etc etc. Really just whatever I'm in the mood for the day when I'm getting dressed. I was first and foremost obsessed with clothing as an opportunity for crafting a unique personal style, and not falling into a fashion rabbit hole through being Hedi fan. But having that kind of outlook of course brought me to Hedi.

I really like his leather jackets, however on a lot of them there's some detailing that ruins it for me
But I don't own any undercover for this reason. There was a great oversized bomber jacket a season or two ago that I considered, but the details were not for me where I decided not to get it. And the first few looks from the Undercover FW21 runway show had this cardigan/pajama set combo which hits the nail perfectly on my favorite style (the Celine luxury robe from look 38 in FW19 is a personal grail but was way out of what I could afford when it was released) but I never saw it released or sold in retailers. If I want some eccentric details there are other brands I consider instead of undercover. While Hedi's Celine (or at least, the non e-teen targeted pieces) items are easy to pair with almost anything and everything thing because the details are minimalistic and to-the-point beautiful. Which is why I have a basic Celine nylon black bomber and not an undercover bomber lol

Besides the Celine bomber, other outerwear I have include:
an oversized Valentino wool chesterfield
a 205W shearling flannel
a MHL work jacket
a Sacai denim jacket
an Off White Patagonia-like fleece (not sure if it's too sacrilegious to admit owning Virgil on a Celine thread)
an Alpha Industries black parka
a few Nike x Sacai jackets and a Norse Projects nylon jacket for more sporty looks

A bit more scattered and a broader range of styles than others who have perfected really amazing Hedi wardrobes. I've never been a huge leather biker person but as an Hedi fan I feel as if I'll need to grab one before he leaves Celine. Maybe a Celine varsity teddy and a cashmere chesterfield as well.

Last edited:

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
re: Undercover

I feel you @shoegazesummer & @GG Allin ( ha two great music references - not surprised you’re drawn to Jun’s work) re: the details & ornaments - I too try to keep it relatively tame with the graphics etc hence my Uc pieces having no graphics & not particularly loud details - in fact my rider is plain black

but sometimes he hits the nail in the head with some of that shit & the references he uses are always v cool

a lot to admire & a bit less to wear myself

but I think he always has at least a couple of sick pieces per season that fit my style & I can adopt for myself

shoegaze, I’m like you in that I love (some) Hedi but I am not constrained to his shit / style exclusively - to me it’s more fun trying to get different designers / styles & reflect them through yr personal sensibilities into a unified style which might me more eclectic than just wearing Hedi pieces

on a side note I forgot to list my only celine piece in the celine thread lol - the cowboy style black + white teddy - I thought that one was v cool so snatched it

would love to get the purple velvet one

this is fun - should we do knitwear next? :p

brown2190

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the oversized varsity jacket? Did anyone get to see how it looks like in person?

Capture d’écran 2021-10-13 à 08.18.30.png

Capture d’écran 2021-10-13 à 08.18.34.png

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the oversized varsity jacket? Did anyone get to see how it looks like in person?

View attachment 1684365 .
Haven't seen it in person, but I am a fan. If it didn't have white stripes and was more of a general leather bomber like in this look from TKP I would have probably grabbed it. I think the womenswear offers something similar so might consider buying it dependent on how the sizing would work out given it's cropped and if I can budget enough to grab it.

4BAC2865-5632-4B43-B815-B07B3CFDAC39.png
92CCEEEF-C0C6-4743-AFB6-87555C9ED0E3.jpeg

Last edited:

godnose

Reaction score

View attachment 1684365 .

View attachment 1684367
Haven't seen it in person, but I am a fan. If it didn't have white stripes and was more of a general leather bomber like in this look from TKP I would have probably grabbed it. I think the womenswear offers something similar so might consider buying it dependent on how the sizing would work out given it's cropped and if I can budget enough to grab it.

View attachment 1684556
I like the leather varsity jacket too, but my own choice would be one of the bombers as well. Tbh, I think all of those bombers, leather and otherwise, were really nice in TKP. Leather is pricey, of course, so I'd go with a solid black one, the brown do look good on some people, but I tried them on and they didn't work with my colouring.

pockets

Reaction score
Oh, duh. Now that you say that it's quite obvious what look it was from to me lol.

I've been looking at Raf's take on Americana a lot recently so thought it was one of the graphics or Andy Warhol printed pieces.
apart from a few things (grabbed road runner sweater for my wife) so much if it went for so damn cheap towards its death. good luck

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
apart from a few things (grabbed road runner sweater for my wife) so much if it went for so damn cheap towards its death. good luck
Oh yeah, I'm aware. I meant I was just revisiting the collections by looking through the runway photos etc. I was able to secure a few things on sale a year or so after Raf left when a decent amount was still available including the iconic distressed red sweater Raf wore himself at the end of FW18.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
strong Raf influence - I too would prefer plain black as someone above mentioned

have you seen his Prada bombers?
The all purple bomber is such a beautiful color but hard to imagine getting worthwhile number of wears out of it for the price point compared to a leather black bomber.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying this Celine boots. I went up half a size (41 to 41.5) since I wanted an easy fit. So comfortable and as someone noted earlier the ease of the pull on is game changing, ha.

IMG_1330.jpeg

Not that I would wear this myself, however, something about it speaks to me:

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Really enjoying this Celine boots. I went up half a size (41 to 41.5) since I wanted an easy fit. So comfortable and as someone noted earlier the ease of the pull on is game changing, ha.

View attachment 1685275

Not that I would wear this myself, however, something about it speaks to me:
Did you grab the Black Museum Calf Alders or the Celine Rangers as well or just went with the blundstones-esque boots? The shade of the boots look good with blue jeans. I thought about the black pair for beaters/rain boots as that's what the silhouette reminded me of but not sure I love them enough to buy them.

Also, that instagram post indicates a pop-up shop for Celine. Kinda interesting that after Hedi initially took the reign there were whispers of "drops" and in some ways the stock does move slowly so the webstore/brick and mortar stores/Mr Porter do have the products slowly trickle in, but this is the first time it seems like a product was chosen to be sold in a limited-time manner. The color scheme seems to be somewhat of a surprising choice for TKP, but I do like it as well. I think the use of a "paint splatter"-like pattern is what makes it fun.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
The all purple bomber is such a beautiful color but hard to imagine getting worthwhile number of wears out of it for the price point compared to a leather black bomber.
I almost want to go to a store to see the purple one in the flesh!

something tells me that Raf will be a success at Prada - among other things, the whole uniform approach is embraced by the house & him & is a great fit

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.