• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that campaign for SS13. They were 100% cotton at that stage. Still nice but I found the 2% elastane ones looked better later. I have both the black and the indigo in raw.

Any more pictures of SS13 from Ssense thorns (think that picture with the turn ups is Ssense anyway)? They did a pretty good job with the styling, and those Blake Chelsea boots are perfect. Wish Hedi would do more almond toe elegant boots like those as opposed to the more pointed Jacno, not that I don't like the Jacno, I just prefer the more classic Blake last.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking back I'm pretty sure that campaign with the shirtless model was for the selvedge jeans, and maybe all d01 were selvedge at that point, not sure though

Bill H

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that campaign for SS13. They were 100% cotton at that stage. Still nice but I found the 2% elastane ones looked better later. I have both the black and the indigo in raw.

Any more pictures of SS13 from Ssense thorns (think that picture with the turn ups is Ssense anyway)? They did a pretty good job with the styling, and those Blake Chelsea boots are perfect. Wish Hedi would do more almond toe elegant boots like those as opposed to the more pointed Jacno, not that I don't like the Jacno, I just prefer the more classic Blake last.

Kieran... what is the fit of the SS13 denim like... as compared to FW13, or the later Hedi seasons?
Thorns, where are you pulling these deep cuts from?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only had D02 from SS13, black and indigo. The fit was looser than AW13 equivalents, but skinnier than anything from SS14 onwards. I remember trying some of the washes, such as a really washed out blue, but I can't remember much about the sizing. Think some of the washes from AW13 got a bit looser in the waist. Probably not all though as the runway models were pretty skinny.

Probably best to go 1 inch up in waist size for any raw D02 from 13 compared to your size in later seasons.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorns, where are you pulling these deep cuts from?
Just been saving photos I find randomly throughout the years while trying to figure out how to curate my wardrobe. I think I learned to do it because I recognized that Saint Laurent was pulling photos off the internet. I always assumed once it was online, it would stay online...but some of the things I like might not have had the hype to be constantly reposted enough to easily find through casual google searches.

Hedi also took down his fashion diary, but it is easily browsable through archive websites.

It is always interesting for me to look through Hedi's previous work when trying to understand his current work. I feel like comparisons and contrasts helps me to better appreciate the differences and similarities.

I saw a bunch of kids earlier today dressed in loose pants and loose hoodies and skate sneakers. I think Hedi is on to something with ss21. It feels like Hedi has a strong desire to reflect what the youth wear onto the catwalk.

I really think Hedi's insistence that this is "E-boy" is for marketing purposes. The more I think about the collection, the more I'm inclined to believe this is really about spotlighting youths into skate culture/fashion. Maybe the accessories, and a couple of elements are E-boy. I think Hedi tricked every non-Gen Z person to believe this is E-boy with his sleight-of-hand. Or perhaps this is Hedi's own fantasy/interpretation of how he would dress E-boys, or E-boys really is a meaningless label since there is so much diversity. This to me is Surf Sound's cousin, who also skates, that is into a more relaxed silhouette.

I do really like the idea of how this is what the modern skater would gravitate towards. Their silhouette is consistent whether they are dressed casual or dressed up. These two pictures reflecting the more casual and formal ends of their style spectrum. This individual is very consistent with their silhouette.

1610902876429.png

1610902778420.png

I prefer to stick to a consistent silhouette no matter whether I'm casual or formal as well. The ss21 silhouette is not for me, but I can't help but appreciate it when I look at it from another perspective. Now I'm going to make a guess about fw21, and I doubt it would be about modern skate culture again.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good example of the fit of the black D01 here. Great all round jeans that work for most people. I'm not really a fan of Mark Robson's dress sense but this is pretty good. I actually have both the jeans and the jacket he's wearing and they're two of my most worn items.

bce237db922b35bb1194710269f377a8.jpg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorns I hate the loose silhouette for formal wear, but I like it for casual skate type wear (although I wouldn't wear it)

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1610906583447.png

A small crossbody bag, worn underneath your jacket, could be an option for those needing a bag, but don't want a backpack or a larger sized crossbody/briefcase.

I feel like these small ones can easily fit underneath jackets maybe. if the jacket is super skinny then it would be worn above jacket.

1610906669241.png

1610906732743.png

Belt bags would work too
1610906764569.png

Bill H

Reaction score
I only had D02 from SS13, black and indigo. The fit was looser than AW13 equivalents, but skinnier than anything from SS14 onwards. I remember trying some of the washes, such as a really washed out blue, but I can't remember much about the sizing. Think some of the washes from AW13 got a bit looser in the waist. Probably not all though as the runway models were pretty skinny.

Probably best to go 1 inch up in waist size for any raw D02 from 13 compared to your size in later seasons.
Thanks Kieran

Bill H

Reaction score
Just been saving photos I find randomly throughout the years while trying to figure out how to curate my wardrobe. I think I learned to do it because I recognized that Saint Laurent was pulling photos off the internet. I always assumed once it was online, it would stay online...but some of the things I like might not have had the hype to be constantly reposted enough to easily find through casual google searches.

Hedi also took down his fashion diary, but it is easily browsable through archive websites.

It is always interesting for me to look through Hedi's previous work when trying to understand his current work. I feel like comparisons and contrasts helps me to better appreciate the differences and similarities.

I saw a bunch of kids earlier today dressed in loose pants and loose hoodies and skate sneakers. I think Hedi is on to something with ss21. It feels like Hedi has a strong desire to reflect what the youth wear onto the catwalk.

I really think Hedi's insistence that this is "E-boy" is for marketing purposes. The more I think about the collection, the more I'm inclined to believe this is really about spotlighting youths into skate culture/fashion. Maybe the accessories, and a couple of elements are E-boy. I think Hedi tricked every non-Gen Z person to believe this is E-boy with his sleight-of-hand. Or perhaps this is Hedi's own fantasy/interpretation of how he would dress E-boys, or E-boys really is a meaningless label since there is so much diversity. This to me is Surf Sound's cousin, who also skates, that is into a more relaxed silhouette.

I do really like the idea of how this is what the modern skater would gravitate towards. Their silhouette is consistent whether they are dressed casual or dressed up. These two pictures reflecting the more casual and formal ends of their style spectrum. This individual is very consistent with their silhouette.

View attachment 1537409
View attachment 1537408

I prefer to stick to a consistent silhouette no matter whether I'm casual or formal as well. The ss21 silhouette is not for me, but I can't help but appreciate it when I look at it from another perspective. Now I'm going to make a guess about fw21, and I doubt it would be about modern skate culture again.
Thanks... please keep them coming

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection of the jacket shoulders for fw20, a lot of them feature roped shoulders.

Although roping is more of a feature rather than its own distinct shoulder style, it is still worthy of being mentioned and considered. Roping implies that the sleeve attachment is slightly raised in relation to the shoulder, forming a ridge. The higher it is, the more imposing the shoulder line appears.

Although some credit the Italians with the roped shoulder, it is more common on Savile Row jackets and the French Ciffoneli. In general, roping imparts a more formal look upon its wearer.

1610907994699.png

vs
more "natural"/plain shoulder of fw13

A style popularized by Brooks Brothers and mimicked by other American tailors, it is also known as the American shoulder. It was a signature detail of the Brooks Brothers “sack suit”. The sack suit, developed as a counterpoise to the highly structured suits that reigned supreme in Europe, was the de facto American business suit for decades.
1610908228223.png

Turns out roped shoulders appeared from the get go for ss19. Celine signature.
1610908670332.png

I think it fits with the whole impression I have of Celine being more intricate with extra fancy details while Saint Laurent can lean more minimalistic at times.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics