• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

lrc75006

Reaction score
One thing is for certain, the entire fit makes zero sense. That caban / flares / Lukas combo is tragic.

I think on a different build and perhaps black denim would be fine. I don't think the combo itself it problematic.

I didn't exactly clue into what you meant until I really thought about it. Hedi never showed brown suede boots for men on his runway looks at Celine at all so far. Whereas he featured brown suede boots for men in fw13, ss15, and fw16. I could see the Lukas being replaced by Berlins, Camargues, or white Jacno 40s from ss20.

So, unless Hedi shows it together, it's wrong?

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, unless Hedi shows it together, it's wrong?
If you were reading between the lines it would be obvious that I was trying to be charitable with my response. Whether I agree or not with a statement, I think there is some truth in what people say. I would rather sift through to find those nuggets instead of immediately dismissing their opinion. From looking at the criticism, I realized Hedi never showed brown suede boots on runway at Celine for men. This is a deliberate choice he has made, and it is interesting why he did it. He releases brown suede boots, yet purposefully avoids styling the men with them on runway. Another reason why I was courteous with my response is because I am not really motivated to nitpick or "correct" someone else's style preferences. I believe people have a right to like what they like and dislike what they dislike. Also, I have been very transparent with my thoughts on ss16 and ss21's runway styling which should answer the question you posed.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After watching that interview and realizing there is a thing such as Shanghai street style, I watched a few compilations of those TikTok videos on it. As a thought experiment, I've tried to create an outfit that I like and would still allow me to blend in without being too out of touch. But really, I think those outfits I saw were more of the super trendy crowd and I don't think it necessarily reflects the greater society as a whole. I think the more classical looks will still definitely work as I think more classical looks will always have a place in society.
1607157510219.png

1607157471648.png
1607158566727.png

1607157665358.png
1607158091204.png
1607158271530.png

1607157743297.png
1607157774237.png

1607157819603.png
1607157861596.png

1607158024039.png
1607158041021.png

The only things that are ss21 are the accessories: hat, necklaces, and sneakers. The rest of the look is basically core Celine Essentiels items. I quite like the idea of the simple graphic t-shirts released in ss19. I'm just not able to appreciate the Christian Marclay graphic because I'm trashy and uncultured, but I really like the idea and execution.

I can imagine making some t-shirts with more trashy edgy images in inverted and greyscale colours. I think the CELINE logo t-shirt would work well for this look too.
1607159581218.png

1607159383558.png

1607159512145.png

1607159714594.png

1607159739036.png

If I wanted to take this all the way as a halloween outfit, I would even put on some temporary neck and hand tattoos.
1607161777116.png

1607161868146.png

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1607162853283.png

Curious to see how ss21 will be received. I shouldn't be surprised that the Japanese Hedi fans have hopped on. I wonder how people from other countries will react.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It doesn't surprise me that this is tennis related. The only sports related activities you would associate with the Saint Laurent boy is rollerskating, skateboarding, and surfing.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting that this Fair Isle sweater is something that I imagine fitting with Hedi's Celine as well. Also kind of surprised that it is made in China on the tag. Am I outdated or was Phoebe cutting corners?

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1607187887794.png

I was never a big fan of the side panel design of the Triomphe sneakers. The curvy nature of it felt odd when I was so used to straight stripe(s).
1607187973069.png

But I just realized how it is genius because it is so instantly recognizable.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice. I regretted not buying them after they sold out, but now I have the German army trainers I'm kind of glad because I couldn't really justify having the plain white, the German army trainers, and these as well.

Speaking of the German army inspired triomphe, they finally arrived today. They're really nice. Very clean looking, very classic. Actually look better with stacks instead of no break. Haven't tried them with slim jeans but I can see them working well maybe even better than skinny.

Really itching to buy a jacket but not having any luck. Anyone tried the black leather aviator? Wide shoulders? Looks like the womenswear version does as I saw a picture of a celebrity named Karlie Kloss wearing it. I may try the Sandro one if so. Can't see that fitting well either though really.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if I don't automatically appreciate some of Hedi's design, he is an absolute genius. To me, I'm attracted to Hedi's more minimalistic designs, but I also understand that people want instantly recognizable items to help showcase that they are wearing designer pieces to others. That's just the nature of the beast for luxury fashion houses. I feel like Hedi knows how to navigate the fine line when creating recognizable pieces, without them being gaudy. I've done a complete 180 for the Animals motif necklaces and bracelets, and the Triomphe sneakers.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She likes Celine, and riding horses:

I think Hedi can totally make Celine an edgier cooler version of Hermès.

Hobbies of the bourgeois Celine boy and girl:
- chess
- reading
- hanging out in cafes
- nature
- horse riding
- sailing
- tennis

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads