• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Just checked the brand out and looks like another Slimane rip-off brand. The good news though is that on Yoox they are selling pieces from this brand at an absolute steal there.

slpldr

Reaction score
Just checked the brand out and looks like another Slimane rip-off brand. The good news though is that on Yoox they are selling pieces from this brand at an absolute steal there.
Looks more Gucci like tbh, like a mix of Tom Ford and Alessandro Michele

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a copycat of anything in particular, Tiger of Sweden is a (surprise!) Swedish mall brand who just happened to do this 70s' pastiche collab.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a copycat of anything in particular, Tiger of Sweden is a (surprise!) Swedish mall brand who just happened to do this 70s' pastiche collab.
I dig the collection and all for more Hedi-esque brands since you have more of a selection to choose from but if you just replaced the name with Slp or Celine nobody would bat an eye. I'd point to SS20 and Fw20 Celine or DH 05 as the inspiration.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Rock & roll I’d definitely look at SLP although I believe the look can be achieved with any Hedi era depending how the rest of the outfit is styled. I suppose the style of jacket depends on how warm you need to be. Hedi has more options than you can shake a stick at but here’s a few:

Fall winter teddy would be pretty functional on a bike & is fairly versatile but ultimately casual. It sacrifices some warmth due to not being long, Hedi’s also fit kinda tight so layering might be more difficult .
Slp fw13
View attachment 2063117

As G.G. Allin suggested overcoats provide the most warmth & coverage, I find Hedi’s to be quite beautiful imo however being so long they might hinder your ability to ride a bike. Depending on cut/color these are easy to dress very formally but can also be worn fairly casual.

Celine fw19
View attachment 2063139
SLP fw14
View attachment 2063141

Peacoat might be a nice in between. Longer than a standard jacket like a teddy, not as long as an overcoat but still very warm throughout the whole torso. In my opinion it also has the most versatility, sort of a jack of all trades master of none.

Dior Homme Fw07
View attachment 2063155
SLP fw15
View attachment 2063159

During Dior Homme Hedi did some puffers that I’m sure are slim fit. I’ve never handled them and don’t know how available they are now though. I mention them because the designs were more interesting than the ones he offering now at Celine.

Hedi Dior Homme puffer

Hedi Dior Homme AW ‘07 Navigate puffer

Your warmest but practical option from Hedi would be a shearling jacket style IMO. It would also have the rock vibes and edge you’re looking for. There’s options from every house he’s been at.

My favorite functional top coat that I own is the Dior Homme ‘07 posted here. I have want to replace it and have considered some of the ones also posted here over the years lol. The current one on my wish list is this one. Probably too long for biking though

MAC COAT IN HERRINGBONE TWEED

Last edited:

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Always preferred the houndstooth/Herringbone coats Hedi produced since I prefer the stretchier wool used for them compared to the heavier versions of the other coats like chesterfields or duffle coats.

I agree that dh offerings were much more interesting than the celine ones since so many items seem like rehashes from his time at slp. There are distinct differences between his dh and slp offerings compared to slp and celine. The denim for celine has been pretty barebones only producing basic color ways compared to the dh and slp days.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Always preferred the houndstooth/Herringbone coats Hedi produced since I prefer the stretchier wool used for them compared to the heavier versions of the other coats like chesterfields or duffle coats.

I agree that dh offerings were much more interesting than the celine ones since so many items seem like rehashes from his time at slp. There are distinct differences between his dh and slp offerings compared to slp and celine. The denim for celine has been pretty barebones only producing basic color ways compared to the dh and slp days.

I think Hedi has played more with silhouette at Celine relative to Dior and SLP. It also seems Hedi has focused on creating the most authentic looking washes at Celine. Dior had surface treatments/unique and unusual washes. SLP denim was all about the black skinny and the variety of possibilities within that space with a little focus on great blue washes-the halfway point to Celine.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I like that blue DH puffer so much?

I've never bought resold items such as that, especially so old. In your experience, are the items just old and dated looking, or does DH from that era still hold up?

I know I still have my raws, but otherwise was a bit later to the game.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
In your experience, are the items just old and dated looking, or does DH from that era still hold up?
Maybe it’s just nostalgia from my childhood but DH has held up incredibly well in my opinion. There’s a handful of items, namely Chelsea boots, that look a bit dated but most everything else still feels wearable today. I’ve been searching for a lot of my DH grails recently, the brown T-pocket leather jacket from aw05 has been at the top of my list.

Last edited:

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
Did you buy the puffer it says out of stock now 😭?

Here’s the runway look it was a part of from aw05 if you’re interested.
IMG_0186.jpeg

This brings me to a question. Does any know of a site that has all of Hedi’s shows? I belive vogue has most of them but I don’t want to pay for vogue (you can get around it using a private tab). There’s plenty of archive Instagram pages but they’re limited in what they can post. I’ve considered starting an archive site for Hedi’s work (possibly branch out to other designers) that’s more comprehensive than anything else I’ve been able to find. Runways shows, campaigns, how to read tags/how to legit check, archive of important pieces, personal Hedi info, etc… all under one site. Maybe this already exist & I’m just living under a rock.

slpldr

Reaction score
Did you buy the puffer it says out of stock now 😭?

Here’s the runway look it was a part of from aw05 if you’re interested. View attachment 2065917

This brings me to a question. Does any know of a site that has all of Hedi’s shows? I belive vogue has most of them but I don’t want to pay for vogue (you can get around it using a private tab). There’s plenty of archive Instagram pages but they’re limited in what they can post. I’ve considered starting an archive site for Hedi’s work (possibly branch out to other designers) that’s more comprehensive than anything else I’ve been able to find. Runways shows, campaigns, how to read tags/how to legit check, archive of important pieces, personal Hedi info, etc… all under one site. Maybe this already exist & I’m just living under a rock.
Vogue app is free

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
How does DH jeans fit ? I saw a raw MIJ in a size 29 and want to pull the trigger. I’m usually a 29-30 in Celine denim.
Also does someone know if the Cotton-Viscose-Poly black jeans from DH are any good (wonder how it feels in hand) ?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52