• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
They’ve been a perennial item since fw19, I’d assume they’ll be back in stock eventually.
On a side note the 2019 & 2020 collections are no longer available to view in the “collections” portion of the website however you can still see them with the direct url.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This absolutely dickless seller on vestiare is trying to sell one of the shearling collar leathers for like $1000 over retail why???

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
This absolutely dickless seller on vestiare is trying to sell one of the shearling collar leathers for like $1000 over retail why???
I guess it’s the same seller I follow for a Paul leather jacket that he listed for 2k€ above retail.
He does lower his price tho. He listed the leather jacket I posted a few pages back and after a year discounted it to 1575€ haha

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
I question the mindset of people who do that, you’d be pretty hard pressed to find someone willing to buy Celine above retail. Unless it’s just a front for money laundering lmao (cough chrome hearts jeans).

Last edited:

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I question the mindset of people who do that, you’d be pretty hard pressed to find someone willing to buy Celine above retail. Unless it’s just a front for money laundering lmao (cough chrome hearts jeans).

I suppose this happens in most similar hobbies. I enjoy my music on vinyl and sometimes see listings for records that the label has literally just put up on their webstore so I know damn well the seller doesn't even have the record in hand. These sellers are asking for at least double the original price of course.

slpldr

Reaction score
I saw people selling old SLP sequin jackets for like 30k EUR, its ridiculous, for this money you can hire Hedi himself/order a custom design from Saint Laurent or Celine done MTM.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
I suppose this happens in most similar hobbies. I enjoy my music on vinyl and sometimes see listings for records that the label has literally just put up on their webstore so I know damn well the seller doesn't even have the record in hand. These sellers are asking for at least double the original price of course.
I suppose so, vinyls make a bit more sense since they’re often times at least somewhat limited. I tried to buy a RSD exclusive Death grips album a few years back & that afternoon I saw a few on eBay for 2-3x the price. I just think anyone with the money to pay above retail would have just gone into the a celine boutique & bought it unless it was something rare/hyped like the red western teddy was for a while.

@GG Allin whats your size & which season jacket did you want? I’m chronically online so I’ll keep a lookout for it.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
Since the topic of music came up, I’d always thought it’d be cool for Hedi to use Swans for the runway track but never thought they would fit the aesthetic he portrays even though he did photograph Gira in 2013. That was until I heard Suicide being used for fw23. I think that if Hedi wanted to make another sleezy, palace style collection, an extended version of Celebrity lifestyle by Swans would work well.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I suppose so, vinyls make a bit more sense since they’re often times at least somewhat limited. I tried to buy a RSD exclusive Death grips album a few years back & that afternoon I saw a few on eBay for 2-3x the price. I just think anyone with the money to pay above retail would have just gone into the a celine boutique & bought it unless it was something rare/hyped like the red western teddy was for a while.

@GG Allin whats your size & which season jacket did you want? I’m chronically online so I’ll keep a lookout for it.

If you're talking about Steroids I'll strade that with you for a cool Hedi leather jacket (kidding of course). I really hate RSD exclusives and haven't kept up with them in a few years now. Flippers galore of course and I just can't be bothered.

Since the topic of music came up, I’d always thought it’d be cool for Hedi to use Swans for the runway track but never thought they would fit the aesthetic he portrays even though he did photograph Gira in 2013. That was until I heard Suicide being used for fw23. I think that if Hedi wanted to make another sleezy, palace style collection, an extended version of Celebrity lifestyle by Swans would work well.

I love Swans but it's perhaps too dark for Celine? I'd love Celebrity Lifestyle to be used for the runway because of the irony but like Hedi stated "there is no irony here." It would probably have to be something a bit more "normal" like Blind, or their version of Love Will Tear Us Apart.

However if I were to pick a track it would be something from SFTB, which is also partially where I took this username from.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
If you're talking about Steroids
Yeah I was.

it's perhaps too dark for Celine?
I thought the same until I heard Alan Vega groan into the mic for 15 minutes during the last show.

However if I were to pick a track it would be something from SFTB
If Hedi wanted to be epic he’d use Helpless child but I very highly doubt that would ever happen considering he’d have to work around the change in tempo between the first & second parts of the song (even though I could see a situation where it works) + like you said it’s probably too dark. And I don’t see a situation where it fits the Celine image.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Talking about music, after getting into all this fashion stuff it's quite awkward to watch old classics like that ,

Are you saying the looks in these videos don’t hold up? They look like archetypes for many of the looks/styles Hedi references (Cowboy boots, moto jackets, skinny denim, etc.)

I also think the music holds up!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix