• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big boot guy, but those pythons and recent boots you all have been posting looking amazing. That's a good example of me completely blowing by the quality discussion when something carries that IT factor and really catches my eye.

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
Hey guys - I want to rekindle my love for white shirts using Hedi's classic black/white suit aesthetics , however, I can't really justify paying over 400 bucks for a plain white poplin shirt. Any of you have a go to (more affordable) brand to achieve the same kind of fit / collar? Much appreciated

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big boot guy, but those pythons and recent boots you all have been posting looking amazing. That's a good example of me completely blowing by the quality discussion when something carries that IT factor and really catches my eye.
parade had a great line that people who only obsess about quality of boots have a workwear mentality. I ******* stole this line and used it at a party and it landed. Let's be real, if Amiri was at the level of loro piano (I refuse to learn what this brand is actually called) in terms of quality they would still be terrible designs that you wouldn't want to be seen wearing publicly.

However, I feel that if Celine is going to be charging these prices they need to do better. Why not just find out who the best quality control person is in the world and pay them a bunch of money to sort it out? I'm sure it's hard to do this, but I don't see these issues with similar brands?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Warning: Assorted word vomit and sidetracks.

parade had a great line that people who only obsess about quality of boots have a workwear mentality. I ******* stole this line and used it at a party and it landed. Let's be real, if Amiri was at the level of loro piano (I refuse to learn what this brand is actually called) in terms of quality they would still be terrible designs that you wouldn't want to be seen wearing publicly.

However, I feel that if Celine is going to be charging these prices they need to do better. Why not just find out who the best quality control person is in the world and pay them a bunch of money to sort it out? I'm sure it's hard to do this, but I don't see these issues with similar brands?

It's all about finding that balance; good enough quality while still having that unique vision/aesthetic. Quality, while important, really pigeonholes you into a certain style, especially in terms of "internet fashion." I strongly dislike the average internet workwear outfit.

I often have a problem with videos about wardrobe staples and things like the basic bastard uniform because they remove all potential for individuality and personality. One man's wardrobe staples are black skinny jeans and wide but cropped tees. Another man's wardrobe staples could be slim fit white tees and blue straight leg jeans. Both of these options are fine but the tutorials consistently cater to the latter. You could make the argument that tutorials like these are meant for people who aren't that deep into fashion and just want to look presentable but they at least cared enough about their style to put in the effort into looking for help in the first place, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Even if it's meant as a foundation these clothes could be worthless.

With all of that said I realize I'm a huge hipster and disliker of most things so that's on me.

As you say I expect more from Celine at these price points. There is no balance with this brand. Hedi jeans have consistently been great, no matter the brand he works for at the time. Footwear on the other hand? That's a tough one for me. I wonder if there'll be a new brand to make Hedi style silhouettes with some actual good quality. FromTheFirst tried to fill that niche years ago but they've not only fucked up their most popular silhouette, they've also increased their prices massively. Amiri comes close in terms of style but, well, they're Amiri.

youwhat

Reaction score
I'm a huge hipster and disliker of most things

568.png

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
@Jack3tjunkie
I like the Hast slim shirt with the french collar
Thanks - I'll give them a go. Their shipping cost are ridiculous for one shirt but their pricing point is interesting. Also ordered a couple from hawes & curtis. Caved in on one Celine as well (just to be sure - needed to have a comparison baseline :D)

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's so amazing that that guy got that woman to go to a baseball game with him.

I wouldn't mind some more grands tetons in this thread though.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
That's so amazing that that guy got that woman to go to a baseball game with him
I spend all my time obsessing over clothes so I don’t talk to women but back when I did, baseball was a go-to date idea.
- It’s a really big thing here in my city so it was almost guaranteed she liked baseball and even if she didn’t she would still want to go for the Instagram pictures.
- Personal enough that you could talk but if you ran out of things to say you could just focus on the game.
- Public enough that she doesn’t feel weird meeting you there for a first date. After the game you walk her to her car to “make sure she’s safe” which makes you seem more gentlemanly.
- If you catch a ball & give it to her your chances of getting laid go up 150%.
- Great place to get a fit off especially at the beginning or end of the season when the temperatures are cooler.
- Even if it was a bad date I still got to watch a baseball game which I always enjoy.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spend all my time obsessing over clothes so I don’t talk to women but back when I did, baseball was a go-to date idea.
- It’s a really big thing here in my city so it was almost guaranteed she liked baseball and even if she didn’t she would still want to go for the Instagram pictures.
- Personal enough that you could talk but if you ran out of things to say you could just focus on the game.
- Public enough that she doesn’t feel weird meeting you there for a first date. After the game you walk her to her car to “make sure she’s safe” which makes you seem more gentlemanly.
- If you catch a ball & give it to her your chances of getting laid go up 150%.
- Great place to get a fit off especially at the beginning or end of the season when the temperatures are cooler.
- Even if it was a bad date I still got to watch a baseball game which I always enjoy.
Ok, this actually makes tons of sense. It's like a movie date, but you can actually have the option of talking which is obviously critical. I totally forgot that people like watching baseball too

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IuliaBartcovschi