• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

godnose

Reaction score
that style of bag because in the UK it's a drug dealer, urban youth thing

A "shotta bag", ha. But those are the more single small pouch things with a strap. They're perfect because they keep your bits and pieces away from your body heat. If it's weed you're selling better for it not to be in your pockets cos the warmer it gets the smellier it gets. Don't want your clothes smelling either. If it's white you're selling then that gets oily if it gets warm against your body so best to keep it in a bag. These bags are small and really easy to swing round by the strap and throw. You can throw them up into a tree or onto a building for retrieval later if you need.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice here. Not for me but I like it. Personally I don't carry anything except a cardholder, keys and phone, other than if it's an overnight stay or the gym in which case I'd want a bigger bag than this style.

rivegauche

Reaction score
Got a sample of Rimbaud recently. Only tried it on paper so far, definitely like it but will need to give it a few wears to properly judge it. Opening is really lavender heavy, then it gets more powdery and sweet.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of undergarments or as Celine would classify them, "soft accessories" - the collector in me spurred a purchase of all their socks. I love them. Super soft, comfortable and somehow a mix between a dress sock and an athletic, 80s sock if you're open to a minor splurge.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I bought the CT01 I thought about getting the socks, but I couldn't justify them to myself. I think the two Celine trunks I have were enough of a splurge for me.

To go with my new collection of shoes and trainers that I haven't worn yet I kept it simple and recently just bought ten pairs each of the pantherella merino laburnum and the cotton danvers, and a load of white Nike swoosh socks to wear with trainers in the full, quarter, and no show styles. Even all that was a pretty big expense.

Randeep

Reaction score

I mean like it or not, this is the Celine target market now.

Also I don't think it's even possible to style those particular items and have "drip".

Lol. I've been eyeing up this mesh t-shirt for a while now and hopefully have time to head to Bond St tomorrow to try it in the flesh. In warmer weather I reckon it'd look pretty good in a sporty outfit. I'm picturing wearing it with a biker jacket (or black zip hoodie), black or grey super skinny joggers, no-show socks and some spiffing (predominantly) white trainers. I'll report back if I'm feeling drippy enough.

Edit: oh yeah, it goes without saying I'd pair it with the Celine logo trunks for maximal drip :bounce2:

Last edited:

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
Lol. I've been eyeing up this mesh t-shirt for a while now and hopefully have time to head to Bond St tomorrow to try it in the flesh. In warmer weather I reckon it'd look pretty good in a sporty outfit. I'm picturing wearing it with a biker jacket (or black zip hoodie), black or grey super skinny joggers, no-show socks and some spiffing (predominantly) white trainers. I'll report back if I'm feeling drippy enough.

Edit: oh yeah, it goes without saying I'd pair it with the Celine logo trunks for maximal drip :bounce2:

I'm just a logo hater :p

looking forward to your Bond St impressions, store looks super cool

Randeep

Reaction score
Store was super cool. Nicely done up with lots of art scattered around. The menswear on the lower floor a little more subdued, relative to womenswear on the main floor. Lots of mirrors and areas that can be closed off for events.

A snap of Celine Bond St, looking into (one of) the room at the back:

IMG_4918.jpg

I had gone with the intention of trying on the mesh t-shirt, and maybe the CT-01s HOWEVER I got sidetracked when I saw a hoodie glinting out of the corner of my eye. A plain black, with shock-horror the CELINE logo, but this time done in safety pins. I really, really liked the SS22 leather jacket that was pieced together with safety pins, alas it's a couture piece with a couture price to match. That being said I still wanted a piece of the subversive pie so I got it here with the hoodie. I bought a size S (actually, the only size) - a little shorter than other hoodies I have in length, but the body/shoulders/sleeves are comfortable (not fitted) - so I'm kinda guessing this relaxed boxy cut is the norm and that size M would probably have been too big. I hadn't seen this hoodie on MrPorter/official website (cue it turning up tomorrow), apparently they got several of them in when the revamped store re-opened last year, but couldn't put it out until SS22 officially started to drop. Just pointing this out cos I lazily assumed what is in store would be reflected onto the website, which wasn't the case here.

thumbnail_IMG_4862.jpeg

Close up of the detailing:

thumbnail_IMG_4961.jpeg

The mesh top and the CT-01s I really liked too. I'll definitely grab the mesh top in size M, and I'll ponder a little more about the CT-01s. Think you guys mentioned how snug they are when trying to put on - I agree. However they are comfortable, and look much sleeker in person that I'd imagined:

Mesh top w/ CT-01s:

thumbnail_IMG_4900.jpeg

Better side view of CT-01s:

thumbnail_IMG_4863.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52