• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Long time lurker of the Hedi community and thought it was time to finally join in as someone who is really into Teen Knight Poem (even if it's a departure from typical Hedi)
Interesting. What pieces, if any, are you looking to purchase? What hedi stuff have you already bought, other than the camargues?

doublementh

Reaction score
Couple questions for my fellow Hedi-lovers. One, does anyone know where I can buy a pair of these sunglasses? I can't find them anywhere. Also, if anyone could tell me if they actually function well as sunglasses, that'd be super.

also, are we doing jean cutoffs now? is that happening? after years of agreement that they were for dorks?

thanks yall

Attachments

• celine glasses.PNG
    celine glasses.PNG
    440.8 KB · Views: 36

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Interesting. What pieces, if any, are you looking to purchase? What hedi stuff have you already bought, other than the camargues?

Not sure if this is a faux pas within the Hedi community but due to being in my mid 20s, and only recently having a job where I have disposable income, I didn't really have the opportunity to start collecting Hedi pieces until recently. So I haven't spent them time diving through resellers for Dior- or Saint Laurent-era Hedi pieces (but love the shows themselves... except finding high quality Dior photos has been difficult). Instead, since he's currently at Celine, I've decided just to start my collection now with things currently retailing.
I have the black leather Camargue as mentioned. I have a black nylon bomber which I believe was from SS20. I have a black cashmere turtleneck, a polka dotted shirt, and a Prince of Wales jacket from FW20. Some of the more "core collection" Celine I have is a lambskin suit tie and a pair of unused size 31 black slim jeans M_SL_003 I'm considering reselling and buying a size down due to losing weight post-quarantine. Grabbed a pair of grey striped trousers from a suit set (but wasn't that interested in the double-breasted accompanying jacket) from SS21. I wear Nightclubbing and Saint-Germain-des-Prés and am considering picking up one more fragrance (Parade or Black Tie perhaps).

From TKP I love the ruffled collar white shirt. I love the romanticism of poetry as an art form in the name of the collection juxtaposed with the nostalgia of teen nights (sans the k, because I've intrepreted it specifically to be a play on words with some gothic-inspired motifs). Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places for more modern examples of this theme across different mediums, but to me TKP is the most recent, and most mesmerizing, successor to Dead Poet's Society that captures a youthful enchantment of reading poems and teenage fooling around on a night of mischief. I mean, I've considered getting my ears pierced for this chained earring from the show lol

D51F4287-6AEF-48FC-9C4B-019712612DB9.jpeg

And even if it's somewhat antithetical to the Hedi stereotypical skinny silhouette he's used to captivate over the years, this oversized black leather blouson is the first leather jacket that I've actually wanted to wear.

1DC5FC1E-FA4D-45D9-B7AB-D663D05FA76A.jpeg 92A06CB3-E41B-444E-B7DA-8E658573BFB6.png

The grunge-inspired cardigan and fair isle knitwear are fantastic -

027DB656-0C7D-4F89-AFC8-C42B0916B008.jpeg 90469F3F-2CA1-41F1-B834-6AFD50340278.jpeg

And finally and of course - every Hedi collection beckons to have a full suit set - so why not one of the collection's most highlighted set?

7D54B2EE-A5DC-4C16-8EC3-53EB5A4D8DF0.jpeg

Love to hear what others have to say above the above pieces - which I realize some might disagree with. Even the suit set may be the wrong choice for a first Hedi suit and would love to hear any arguments why people would think so just to get some feedback. Otherwise, seems like a great versatile choice to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are other people's personal collections like? I've been a lurker but haven't been as attentive to picking up yet how robust some collections are and how many consist of Celine.

At least one opinion I would (presumably) share with the majority of the community was the move from Hedi's perspective of the French bourgeois to eboys in The Dancing Kid was extremely jarring to me. I (as a brand whore) bought into the Calvin Klein-inspired Celine underwear, but wasn't able to enjoy TDK overall and all the CELINE logo branded pieces. I mean, if I want an obnoxious white logo on a sweater/hoodie, I'll go with Demna's Vetements! It's been weird to admit that it seems like such a sell-out move to cater to the logo craze.

Couple questions for my fellow Hedi-lovers. One, does anyone know where I can buy a pair of these sunglasses? I can't find them anywhere. Also, if anyone could tell me if they actually function well as sunglasses, that'd be super.

also, are we doing jean cutoffs now? is that happening? after years of agreement that they were for dorks?

thanks yall

No idea about the sunglasses, but I have to say that jean cutoffs are still, definitively, for dorks!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't really comment on the knitwear or the leather jacket, since they're really in a different dimension for me, but the suit I think looks ok. My problem with it, however, is that it looks really old fashioned, at least from what I can see in that picture. It's sometimes difficult to tell how a suit is going to look on a non-model physique though. But the rise on those pants looks insanely high, like from a Humphrey Bogart movie. I don't think I'd feel comfortable with the waist being way up my torso like that.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shoegaze fantastic post and writing. I appreciate your eye. I too enjoyed TKP's show so to speak, in that I enjoyed the spectacle, the setting of Chambord, the music, and the overall aesthetic of the pieces.

That said, and I suspect I speak for others on this thread, I was born and bred through Hedi's Saint Laurent (and a whispering of his work at Dior Homme), so as you rightly pointed out regarding the leather jacket, the fit of many if not all the pieces is antithetical to my taste. I'd add to Kieran's point, that as a slimmer person, I feel the oversized look looks intrinsically bad on me. Maybe it's a deeply rooted bias, however, I have some flexibility of course and could imagine someone pulling it off well. For some reason, and I suppose this is dripping with agism, since you mentioned you're in your 20s, I'm like, "of course it'll work for him!"

I like how some of those pieces are styled in the Vogue pics you posted, however, they didn't translate as well to me on the webstore. As someone else noted, it's as though Hedi has become a designer again, in my mind, akin to the shows of Rick Owens or Thom Browne, but the output isn't appealing to me on the retail level.

A lot of the pieces seem flat and logo centric, which we have discussed on other occasions as seeming either desperate, a departure, or dynamic depending on mood and perspective.

As a starter drug, I think everyone, including me, is a fan of the Celine underwear though, especially the white with how the CK-inspired logo pops with our low-waisted jeans.

I'm not feeling quite as much the new Celine underwear with a black band though.
1625484407481.png

On a positive note, I saw MrPorter bought a lot of TKP pieces (such as above) and are advertising them strongly. That bodes well for the brand; it seems DK was a success for them.

1625484451931.png

I liked a couple of the sweaters, especially the MrPorter exclusives, which I suspect were toned down although again too oversized for me personally.

1625484477975.png

I'm not 100% against the nebulous nothings printed on a lot of the casual wear, but much of it is probably too avant garde for me, such as the following or the life = 3.5 stars thing which I do find funny.
1625484576014.png

1625484905622.png

For instance, I picked this up from SL's new collection for summer wear (with the white dress shirt), and it's an instant hit.
1625484667659.png

It's an easier fit for me to adopt and on a bonus note it's Made in France, where for some odd reason, my softest knitwear originates. I believe Kieran had pointed this out too with the Celine Triumph hoodie.

Randeep

Reaction score
Mr. Porter capsule was allocated stock ordered for (now) closed 2 Men’s Boutiques in Milan. You’ll never see LVMH items in Mr. Porter again. One off.

Dead Brand.

BOF LVMH China fueled growth propagandize aside; behind scenes not pretty at all. Turmoil.

Prepare yourselves.

Lol.

For instance, I picked this up from SL's new collection for summer wear (with the white dress shirt), and it's an instant hit.

It's an easier fit for me to adopt and on a bonus note it's Made in France, where for some odd reason, my softest knitwear originates. I believe Kieran had pointed this out too with the Celine Triumph hoodie.

Ha, great jumper! Agree on the underwear and the new variant not being as good. Also agree on the Life/3.5 stars being cool - kinda tempted by the socks X_X.

rire

Reaction score
It's always frustrating to see those models on Mr Porter wear the runway samples (Dylan jeans for example) because, again, they look nothing like that in store.

I got a pair of the new raw hem version and had to get them heavily tailored which is fine but I wish they wouldn't make them so big, especially in the thigh area. If you're pushing a certain aesthetic, don't go half-arsed when it hits retail...

BasicJB

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the studded dylans from FW. You can totally see the weird thigh muscle curves from the cut, guess they are trying to accommodate a more diverse client base?

My most recent preorder is turning out to be a disaster (first world problem lol). Pretty disappointed with the craftsmanship and not sure where to go from this point

It's always frustrating to see those models on Mr Porter wear the runway samples (Dylan jeans for example) because, again, they look nothing like that in store.

I got a pair of the new raw hem version and had to get them heavily tailored which is fine but I wish they wouldn't make them so big, especially in the thigh area. If you're pushing a certain aesthetic, don't go half-arsed when it hits retail...

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the studded dylans from FW. You can totally see the weird thigh muscle curves from the cut, guess they are trying to accommodate a more diverse client base?

My most recent preorder is turning out to be a disaster (first world problem lol). Pretty disappointed with the craftsmanship and not sure where to go from this point
Go on...

BasicJB

Reaction score
lol...

Might post some photos once I get the problem sorted but basically involving footwear arriving looking like a kitten had lived inside (scratch marks, peeling leather, glue/paint marks, decomposing logo stamp, etc) after months of waiting and alleged retail sabotage. The exterior is largely unharmed but pretty underwhelmed by the whole experience

1625665303949.png

rire

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me last week.

I was trying – not sure why it's so hard – to get a pair of the 40 mm Camargue in black leather as they're on sale in France. First (and only) pair they had available had the sole chipped in two different places so I didn't want them (obviously). They had a different pair transferred from another parisian store: this time the leather on the upper part was all scratched... So now they're on the process of trying to have a pair transferred from London (probably not gonna happen if only because of Brexit and taxes and what not, can't be worth it for them but we'll see).

Unbelievable quality control.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads