• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're great...

I have a Cifonelli and would like a Camps de Luca...

I also have Huntsman and a few A&S suits...

To be fair ,they're up there with Huntsman in terms of quality,far ahead Anderson..

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you decide to make up? Do you have any pics of your Cifonelli? I recall the discussion a few years ago but never saw the result.

G

Griffindork

I'm in the process of having my first Cifonelli made up now and posted about it in another thread. I have a second fitting coming shortly. In my view, when you take into account suits, shirts, shoes and other accessories, French bespoke is far and away the best in the world right now by a pretty wide margin.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What did you decide to make up? Do you have any pics of your Cifonelli? I recall the discussion a few years ago but never saw the result.

After conversing with RJ about French tailoring , I decided to have one made in Paris...

My sister lives there and it was a pleasure to travel there..

We did meet once in London for an essayage and Crompton was the guy coming after me...

I can take a picture of it on the bed because I only wear my suits very very rarely.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After conversing with RJ about French tailoring , I decided to have one made in Paris...

My sister lives there and it was a pleasure to travel there..

We did meet once in London for an essayage and Crompton was the guy coming after me...

I can take a picture of it on the bed because I only wear my suits very very rarely.

What type of suit was it? SB or DB? 2 pc or 3 pc?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2 piece SB suit..

Have you been to rue Marbeuf????

They have a great atelier there...

Yes. I visit them last fall. They have ready to wear on the ground floor and bespoke on the second floor. The second floor is quite large.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A button just fell of my cifonelii pants when i went to the bathroom...

regarding marbeuf, I'm not sure that i like what they've done with the place. the purple striped rug is a little too much and they replaced that really nice wood shelf with something that looks like it came from ligne roset.

cdl is looking very tempting (i should have pulled the trigger 2 years ago). will take a look this fall.

a smalto fitting: http://www.parismatch.com/Conso-Match/Mode/Actu/Le-sur-mesure-fait-l-homme-404066/

kssm paris is opening a space soon

sup lasbar? how have you been?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.