• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The case has the date printed on the top. So these bottles have February ticked off... but there is an actual date on the case. That is how you know.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i see.

having some dragonslayer imperial stout from middle ages. it's aiight. solid B+/A- category. tasty but nothing to go gaga over.

Bond111

Reaction score
Had my first Parabola about a week ago, and wow that **** is tasty. One of the best RIS I've had. We drank that last. Glad I still have 3 more bottles set back. A+

That same night we started out with a bottle of Vuja De that Rambo sent that was pretty good, but it was something that could have been split between 4 people instead of 2 just b/c it had a lot of sour qualities. B- overall.

The second beer that we had was 3 Floyds Broo Doo and again that was ******* delicious. Hit everything I love about the style. A+ in my book.

Forgot to mention that Halloween weekend i shared another bottle Rambo had sent my way Cigar City Good Gourd. All 5 of us really enjoyed it. One of the best Pumpkin Beers that I've had this fall. Really enjoyed the spices they put into it. The smell of it made me think they might have gone too far with the spices, but once I had my first sip it was very consistant and not over powering one bit in any of the flavors. B+/A- range

Has anyone seen Firestone Walker's XV out on shelves yet? Really want to get my hands on a few bottles to try.

I'm also pumped Goose Island is bottling as of 2 days ago the 2011 BCS. Bramble Rye looks like it won't be out until 2012. Anyone attend FOBAB in Chicago? I was really interested with the Ghost Pepper BCS and Manhattan BCS.

Last edited:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I am missing a couple, but here's the list of what I was able to try at the Festival of Barrel Aged Beers this Saturday:

– Apricot by AC Golden Brewing Co.

– Askew by Two Brothers Brewing Company

– Madame Rose by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Amara by Goose Island Beer Co.

– St Dekkera Strawberry Raspberry Sour Ale by Destihl Restaurant and Brew Works

– St Dekkera Forsaken Barrel Lambic by Destihl Restaurant and Brew Works

– St Dekkera Barrel Reserve Belgian Sour: Flanders/Oud Bruin by Destihl Restaurant and Brew Works

– Gilgamesh by Upland Brewing

– Chocolate Raspberry Brett Bourbon Barrel Aged by Lagunitas Brewing Company

– Barrel Aged Small Animal Big Machine by Half Acre Beer Company

– Lolita by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Spazzerack! by Three Floyds Brewing Company

– Conquistador de Muerte Porto by Three Floyds Brewing Company

– Moe's Bender by Surly Brewing Company

– Makin' Maple Bacon by Rock Bottom Restraunt & Brewery (Lombard)

– Wood Aged Black Zemon by Lunar Brewing Co.

– Steve it to Bieber by Haymarket Pub and Brewery

– XOCOLATL by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Bourbon County Brand Manhattan Stout by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Ghost Pepper Bourbon County Stout by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Bramble Rye Bourbon County Stout by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Pappy Van Muckle by Sun King Brewing Co

– Carburetor Rye Bock #58 by Metropolitan Brewing

– Heartwood Symposium Ale by Illinois Craft Brewers Guild

– Rye-ghteous by Bell's Brewery, Inc.

– Barrel Aged Institutionalized by Revolution Brewing Company

– Barrel Aged Moose Knuckle by Piece Brewery & Pizzeria

– Honey B by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Sticky Monkey by Firestone Walker Brewing Company

– Deliverance by The Lost Abbey

– Bourbon County Brand Stout (2011) by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout (2011) by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Black Note by Bell's Brewery, Inc.

– Bourbon Barrel Aged Moloko by Three Floyds Brewing Company

– Sweet Southern Kiss by Goose Island Beer Co.

– Bourbon Barrel Aged Velvet Merkin by Firestone Walker Brewing Company

– Veritas 010 by The Lost Abbey

– Unplugged Cran-bic Ale by New Glarus

– Immitis by Avery Brewing

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally made it to Revolution Brewing in Chicago today. I had the mild and a stout who's name eludes me. Both were good, albeit served too cold. Also had a pork belly sandwich, **** was ******* awesome

Was it Barrel Aged Black Power? I'm gonna be there tomorrow for yet another beer release. I love that sandwich, if you ever get a chance to try brunch there, you need to try the pancetta biscuits and gravey...

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was it Barrel Aged Black Power? I'm gonna be there tomorrow for yet another beer release. I love that sandwich, if you ever get a chance to try brunch there, you need to try the pancetta biscuits and gravey...

it wasn't. I tasted that but I wasn't in the mood for bourbon

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cracked 2 brews last night:

Cantillon Rose Gueze - holy ****, this was the most disgusting thing I think I've ever drank. It tasted like raspberry vinegar. ******* awful.

Captain Lawrence Winter Warmer - kind of a blackberry/wintery taste. Not too thick or filling. Meh.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Guiness last night..then I had sex. Amazing combo

This would seem like two things that you should be combining, rather than doing separately.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA for people in Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Lift Bridge Brewery had a release party for their new limited release "Commander" tonight in Stillwater. It's a traditional English Barleywine style. Not my cuppa but very smooth, malty, aged in bourbon barrels. 12.5% ABV

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RussoBeri