• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Accountability Thread

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Almost all meals are gai fan (over rice) so if you don't eat the rice, your portions are about 1/3rd of what they need to be. The problem isn't not eating rice, it's finding healthy things you can fill up instead of rice. It's either rice, or ordering 3x the dishes.

And the problem is? Are foods that expensive in China? Are you already missing the American restaurants' trademark huge portion?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obvious troll is obvious

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
obvious troll is obvious

Is that the standard 13 year old Niketalk-er's way to say "whatever"? Shouldn't you be out working toward your goal of 3 miles run right about now?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yes, food is not much cheaper than any other country. I can't afford to spend 3x the money on food that I do.

My elbows are hurt, I couldn't finish my workout today. No more arm wrestling for me. Luckily saturday is legs and hopefully my paws will recover by then.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yes, food is not much cheaper than any other country. I can't afford to spend 3x the money on food that I do.

My elbows are hurt, I couldn't finish my workout today. No more arm wrestling for me. Luckily saturday is legs and hopefully my paws will recover by then.

Careful with those elbows. A few years ago I had tricep tendonitis. It prevented me from bench pressing among many other exercises for quite a while. To this day I avoid a number of tricep exercises.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's Workout:

Squats:
5x115
5x140
5x170
5x170

Military Press:
5x95
5x115
5x125
5x145

Deadlift:
5x135
5x170
5x190
5x225

Weighted decline situps 3x10 w/30 lbs

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Today's Workout:

Squats:
5x115
5x140
5x170
5x170

Military Press:
5x95
5x115
5x125
5x145

Deadlift:
5x135
5x170
5x190
5x225

Weighted decline situps 3x10 w/30 lbs

Nice presses.

Shoulder workout?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Nice presses.

Shoulder workout?

Thanks. I do weigh 215 though
blush.gif

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did an hour of cardio while watching the vols game. Threw some pullups in at half time. Of note: it is easier to get better at pullups by getting lighter than it is by getting stronger.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today

Chicken breast on WW bread, 2 serrano peppers, tomato, onion, lettuce
2 beef enchiladas with brown rice, lettuce, tomato
3 scoops of whey in water, 5g creatine
multi

BB Rows
2 x 8
5 x 5

Side Lateral Raises
5 x 5 super set with 5 x 5 lighter weight

Chins
4 x failure

Front Lateral Raise
3 x 8

Diet wasn't that great today, but I made up for the calories with the Mexican food. I've decided to alternate shoulder days with pressing done separately from isolation exercises. It seems to allow me to get more out of the lateral raises than doing them after presses.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Did an hour of cardio while watching the vols game. Threw some pullups in at half time. Of note: it is easier to get better at pullups by getting lighter than it is by getting stronger.

Props for an hour of cardio. I dread cardio, and can hardly stay focused enough to do more than 20 minutes at a time. I'm probably going to start going to a boxing gym a few days a week. They offer great cardio/endurance training that is much more entertaining than what you can do at the gym. I have a speed bag in the garage that is a ton of fun but would love to have access to a heavy bag, sledge/tire and all that good stuff.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to have a girl over from 3-6am last night and struck out . . . not all is lost though, it was just a result of us both being pretty much sober and fairly standoffish. At any rate, workout felt good today despite having 4-5 beers last night and getting an odd amount/time of sleep.

Today's workout:

Squats:
5x115
5x140
5x170
5x200
3x230
8x170

Bench:
Same as Squat

Row:
5x95
5x115
5x125
5x145
3x170
8x135

Assistance:
Weighted dips 3x8 +35lbs (getting close to bumping this up)
BB curls 80lbs x8 x8 x10 (bumping this up next time)
Rope tricep extensions

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think i am mentally ill. feeling guilty for not going to gym even though i go 5 days a week and got injured last night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads