• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Kamakura of Pants? (Best MTM option)

bde

Reaction score
I really love my MTM shirts from kamakura. They really nail the cost/quality. I'm NYC based, so I'm able to Junko in person.

Is there a pants equivalent that can be recommended in NYC?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not in the city but great pants.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with Rota, unfortunately, like Kamakura, made for smaller-framed men unlike myself, in spite of hoping to fit into their clothes

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never trust an online operation at that price point. It is preferable to do
MTM through a retailer who does the measurements of you and any trousers that
fit well that you have brought along. Then if it doesn't work out the retailer either
arranges a do-over or a full refund. That was my experience with Saks about 15 years ago.

epsilon22

Reaction score
The Armoury and NMWA have Rota MTM. I had experience with the former, though be careful with how slim the trousers are, the default models are pretty slim. They aren't skin-tight but I still would've liked my pair to be roomier.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done Rota through NoManWalksAlone and recommend it. They also have MTM pants from Carrara.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
It's more work to begin with, but Luxire works very well for me. I have my fit dialed in.
I've done a few with Luxire, and agree they're good.
If you feel inclined to try them, start with a cheaper fabric ($99) to get your fit dimensions dialed in.

My main notes on Luxire are:
- They are very consistent and careful... haven't got anything that was out of spec.
- The rise is to spec like everything else, but on me seems to wear higher than the measurement suggests.
- The waist band is juuust to your specification... probably round up on the measurement and don't assume any little extra will be added.
-Subjectively, I find whatever block pattern they use for pants to be very likeable...the top block is very comfortable. It feels like some R&D was put into it. They aren't just cranking out whatever.
- The finishing, trims, and overall end product always feels high end to me.
- Every fabric I've done so far has not shrunk at all with normal washing cycle and up to 15 min in the dryer (then line dried).

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done a few with Luxire, and agree they're good.
If you feel inclined to try them, start with a cheaper fabric ($99) to get your fit dimensions dialed in.

My main notes on Luxire are:
- They are very consistent and careful... haven't got anything that was out of spec.
- The rise is to spec like everything else, but on me seems to wear higher than the measurement suggests.
- The waist band is juuust to your specification... probably round up on the measurement and don't assume any little extra will be added.
-Subjectively, I find whatever block pattern they use for pants to be very likeable...the top block is very comfortable. It feels like some R&D was put into it. They aren't just cranking out whatever.
- The finishing, trims, and overall end product always feels high end to me.
- Every fabric I've done so far has not shrunk at all with normal washing cycle and up to 15 min in the dryer (then line dried).
Completely agree with all of the above. I'll add that almost all their measurements are exactly to spec. I used to double check, but I don't anymore.

Additionally, to get the fit dialed in:
  • Use a set of trousers (or shirt, or jacket, etc.) that fit you well - take measurements carefully and enter that into the website
  • Take notes when your initial set comes back and immediately make adjustments on the website. You can create a new measurement set from previously saved ones.
  • Send back trousers to be adjusted. Yes, it adds to the cost, but if you are in it for the long-term, it's well worth it.
I just had them make a suit for me and it's an amazing fit at a remarkable price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru