• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price is what the market will bear.

That too.

Point being, it's not as simple as making the assumption that US workers make, on average, more than their non-US counterparts. There are too many other factors to simply chalk it up to that.

The Dirk

Reaction score
That too.

Point being, it's not as simple as making the assumption that US workers make, on average, more than their non-US counterparts. There are too many other factors to simply chalk it up to that.
Yeah, I agree. I also think it ultimately doesn't matter why the price might be different. You will buy it if you find value in it, and you won't if you don't.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Are suits in the US given the same importance as they are abroad?

You can't just throw numbers up on the wall and expect everything to stick.

Yeah, I agree. I also think it ultimately doesn't matter why the price might be different. You will buy it if you find value in it, and you won't if you don't.

I’m not “just throwing numbers” on the wall. I’m giving plausible reasons for something called “dynamic pricing”. If SuSu wants to sell in Europe for €499, they will sell zero. The offering at lower prices is huge and they would be totally off market. This is a basic business principle. Just add the fact that the buying power is lower, and obviously they have to adjust. Who cares about the importance of a suit in the US vs. EU? These are facts not just cheap talk. Nobody in Europe buys Brooks Brothers, made in China, for $1000. For $1000 you can have excellent MTO and quite good bespoke, locally made with Italian cloth.

But hey, just my 5 cents...

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not “just throwing numbers” on the wall. I’m giving plausible reasons for something called “dynamic pricing”. If SuSu wants to sell in Europe for €499, they will sell zero. The offering at lower prices is huge and they would be totally off market. This is a basic business principle. Just add the fact that the buying power is lower, and obviously they have to adjust. Who cares about the importance of a suit in the US vs. EU? These are facts not just cheap talk. Nobody in Europe buys Brooks Brothers, made in China, for $1000. For $1000 you can have excellent MTO and quite good bespoke, locally made with Italian cloth.

But hey, just my 5 cents...

Can you get MTO in the US for $1000?

You're now introducing other outside factors such as quality of the suit and its relative value to disprove your original statement which I took to mean "pricing should be cheap, as people there are more broker than they are in the US."

I could have misunderstood though.

The Dirk

Reaction score
Can you get MTO in the US for $1000?

You're now introducing other outside factors such as quality of the suit and its relative value to disprove your original statement which I took to mean "pricing should be cheap, as people there are more broker than they are in the US."

I could have misunderstood though.
I think you misunderstood. He's just talking about the demand curve for thw european market, if I understand correctly.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. He's just talking about the demand curve for thw european market, if I understand correctly.
It's still too broad though. How can one say that suits from brand X are cheaper there. The reason must be because everybody there is poorer or taking a train 8 hours to go visit a tailor.

Edit to add: it's like saying McDonald's is cheaper in America because everybody here is either obese or eats at a high end restaurant.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this old Lazio fit video from a few years ago.

He says the Lazio jacket is “shorter than most other suits,” but SS size guides show its length to be the same as Havana, Napoli, Jort, Hartford, and Washington.

Did the Lazio get longer, or did the other jackets get shorter? Or maybe they meant “shorter than most other suits except SuitSupply ones.

Last edited:

MrSuited

Reaction score
I found this old Lazio fit video from a few years ago.

He says the Lazio jacket is “shorter than most other suits,” but SS size guides show its length to be the same as Havana, Napoli, Jort, Hartford, and Washington.

Did the Lazio get longer, or did the other jackets get shorter? Or maybe they meant “shorter than most other jackets except SUitSupply ones.

You can't really trust suitsupply's size charts. I have found multiple discrepancies in their charts and have pointed it out to their customer service team.

In my experience all of the fits that I have are the same length with the exception of the Washington fits. I have the Lazio, Havana, Hudson, Washington, Washington half and Madison.

I actually measured all of my jackets before and I can say that the Lazio is definitely not any shorter than their other fits.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't really trust suitsupply's size charts. I have found multiple discrepancies in their charts and have pointed it out to their customer service team.

In my experience all of the fits that I have are the same length with the exception of the Washington fits. I have the Lazio, Havana, Hudson, Washington, Washington half and Madison.

I actually measured all of my jackets before and I can say that the Lazio is definitely not any shorter than their other fits.
That’s valuable info.

On a related note, am I safe to order the same size I wear in Havana and Napoli? The size charts tell me the Lazio has a slightly tighter waist, but if the charts are fallible that could mean anything!

Last edited:

The Dirk

Reaction score
That’s valuable info.

On a related note, am I safe to order the same size I wear in Havana and Napoli? The size charts tell me the Lazio has a slightly tighter waist, but if the charts are fallible that could mean anything!
For the Lazio you can go with the same size, but if you ever go with a Washington, size up.

MrSuited

Reaction score
That’s valuable info.

Yeah, I would say order the same size you wear in Havana and Napoli

sansimeon

Reaction score
For the Lazio you can go with the same size, but if you ever go with a Washington, size up.

I wear the same size in every model I own (Lazio, Havana, Hudson and Washington). Only had to size up for overcoats (Vicenza akd Bleecker).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngayogyakarta