• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, IMO the minor differences in acetate are more likely to be due to different batches and/or natural aging than something intentional.

@elisiX I ordered the hickory Enzo from Cettire only to get an email saying it’s an inventory mistake. Funny thing is, still shows up as available on the site.

Actually the two colourways are diifferent, Hickory being darker and more reddish, Teak being lighter and more yellowish brown.

I'm sorry for you, Enzo Hickory looks really good with the olive lenses. Not serious of them that the item still shows as available.

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to flex real hard at work so here a my readers🤣😂 happy Friday
1000006652.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually the two colourways are diifferent, Hickory being darker and more reddish, Teak being lighter and more yellowish brown.

I'm sorry for you, Enzo Hickory looks really good with the olive lenses. Not serious of them that the item still shows as available.
i ordered it 2 months ago when it first was there with same issue

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teak is virtually identical to Hickory to my knowledge, except it has gold hardware instead of silver. I believe it's only been released on Hemmings and Lankaster though

To add to the confusion the colourway, which looks identical to Teak, is called Russet for the Lankaster.

By the way, denying what I affirmed previously, having compared Hickory and Teak side by side, I tend to see them identical. The difference I saw is likely to be caused by the different contrast with the lenses and the thickness of the acetate. It also makes more sense, instead of having two acetate colours differing very marginally.

mbf123

Reaction score
Looking to trade Mishima Rover for sometime smaller. Will put up on grailed or eBay eventually but would prefer a trade for a smaller model as I tend to wear those more. I keep wanting the Mishima to work but every time I wear it, it is a bit too big for my face and I feel like it is wearing me. Would suit a larger head or a strong oversized fit. Perfect condition, has box, cleaning cloth, everything. Looking for a Julien Kinney, Sandro Argyle, 1948 Baltic or something along those lines.
IMG_0227.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg

Travidusa

Reaction score
Been lurking here for a while — First post. I’ve had (and still have) a lot glasses from many different brands. JMM is by far my personal favorite. Growing up, watching tv & movies, seeing people wear the glasses with the signature JMM Arrow hardware — I’ve always wanted a pair.

My first pair - Whiskeyclone’s. White w/blue lenses.
IMG_4920.jpeg

Second - Cherokee in Charcoal with purple/black lenses.
IMG_4919.jpeg

Third - Anita White frame, bronze lenses (now in Noir frame)
IMG_4922.jpeg

Fourth - Anita in Noir (these had RX)
IMG_4921.jpeg

Plan on taking the Anita’s to an optical storefront in Tulsa to have some crazy custom lenses installed.

Sorry, not the best photos. Lighting isn’t great.

Really hoping for the next pair to be a pair of Walkers.

Aside from JMM, I really dig Eyevan 7285, Blake Kuwahara, VAVA & LGR’s.

Crazy to think this never-ending obsession started when I turned 11 when my dad gave me my first pair of Oakley’s. (Thanks Dad 💙) I’m blessed to still have him as my Dad and he gets spoiled with glasses and knives. I’d be lying if I said he didn’t have about the same if not, more glasses than I do now lol

Travidusa

Reaction score
Has anyone tried John Dalia glasses/sunglasses by chance? They have some nice looking glasses but they literally don’t seem to have a single comment online from anyone. Wondering quality, etc
image.jpg

I really like the John Dalia frames. The only negative I would have, were the nosepieces. (The ones installed were from a beater pair of Dita’s I have that hardly get worn). The nosepieces seemed to have really irritated my nose and dried my nose where the nosepieces fit. The onion shaped temple ends seem to hold them onto the head a bit more snug, without being uncomfortable.
These are the single frame I own from JD — the Matt. The lenses are reminiscent of Some Kuboraum lenses.

Last edited:

Prometheus195

Reaction score
The Russett name change is odd, because Goodseeco has had that Lankaster for a while and they're calling it Teak. It's like Sedona/Breccia all over again. My guess is that they're stepping on other brands' toes with some of their new colorway names.

obecity

Reaction score
Been lurking here for a while — First post. I’ve had (and still have) a lot glasses from many different brands. JMM is by far my personal favorite. Growing up, watching tv & movies, seeing people wear the glasses with the signature JMM Arrow hardware — I’ve always wanted a pair.

My first pair - Whiskeyclone’s. White w/blue lenses. View attachment 2198249
Second - Cherokee in Charcoal with purple/black lenses. View attachment 2198251
Third - Anita White frame, bronze lenses (now in Noir frame) View attachment 2198253
Fourth - Anita in Noir (these had RX) View attachment 2198255

Plan on taking the Anita’s to an optical storefront in Tulsa to have some crazy custom lenses installed.

Sorry, not the best photos. Lighting isn’t great.

Really hoping for the next pair to be a pair of Walkers.

Aside from JMM, I really dig Eyevan 7285, Blake Kuwahara, VAVA & LGR’s.

Crazy to think this never-ending obsession started when I turned 11 when my dad gave me my first pair of Oakley’s. (Thanks Dad 💙) I’m blessed to still have him as my Dad and he gets spoiled with glasses and knives. I’d be lying if I said he didn’t have about the same if not, more glasses than I do now lol
Hello hello! Welcome to the JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) electronic bulletin board. There’s a ton of useful information contained in these pages and some really fantastic people who can help you. We have people going all the back to page 1 and 3. I found this board at oh about page 400, but I’ve been a fan of the brand since oh about early 2020. ETJMMEBB!

Travidusa

Reaction score
Hello hello! Welcome to the JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) electronic bulletin board. There’s a ton of useful information contained in these pages and some really fantastic people who can help you. We have people going all the back to page 1 and 3. I found this board at oh about page 400, but I’ve been a fan of the brand since oh about early 2020. ETJMMEBB!
Thank you so much. This forum has helped me engrave a great visual representation on fake vs real JMM. Couldn’t tell any difference apart from the two until I came across this forum. I’ve been on the Oakley forum (dot com) for a while, and I don’t know why I didn’t join here sooner. Thanks for the warm welcoming @ page 1,274.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, IMO the minor differences in acetate are more likely to be due to different batches and/or natural aging than something intentional.

@elisiX I ordered the hickory Enzo from Cettire only to get an email saying it’s an inventory mistake. Funny thing is, still shows up as available on the site.
Crazy!

I noticed after we discussed them here that it wen't OOS, but then returned.

They were still there as of last night.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sangregris