• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An interesting comparison (from JMM CHAT on Facebook) between the old and the new Hemmings, where it appears that the new releases are noticeably larger, confirming my impression (I had tried on the old Shade). Lens width was 54, now 55.

Personally, I had kept the original size: the model was already among the largest ones, no need to increase the measurements.

Screenshot_20240611_143214_Messenger.jpg

Last edited:

Deangelo1555

Reaction score
An interesting comparison (from JMM CHAT on Facebook) between the old and the new Hemmings, where it appears that the new releases are noticeably larger, confirming my impression (I had tried on the old Shade). Lens width was 54, now 55.

Personally, I had kept the original size: the model was already among the largest ones, no need to increase the measurements.

View attachment 2198801
JMM's consistency has always been excellent. I suppose with the very heavy frames they may receive feedback from customers, stores and reps that a frame is too tight on the temples so they widen it for the next batch of frames.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JMM's consistency has always been excellent. I suppose with the very heavy frames they may receive feedback from customers, stores and reps that a frame is too tight on the temples so they widen it for the next batch of frames.

Possible, it seems that many collectors would prefer a smaller version, though.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the collectors, what's everyone's most complimented and least complimented pairs? Unsolicited that is.

All of mine are opticals.

I think this thread liked the Fellini the most on me, and they're the safest option. Least complimented pair on me in person.

This thread liked the Debbie the least on me, and they're the most polarizing pair. Most complimented pair on me in person.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, a bunch of pairs in, I'm no longer afraid of breaking them.

I made minor adjustments with no heat, just manhandling them. I may regret this in the future, who knows.

The acetate felt dense and yet flexible.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the collectors, what's everyone's most complimented and least complimented pairs? Unsolicited that is.

I think this thread liked the Fellini the most on me, and they're the safest option. Least complimented pair on me in person.

This thread liked the Debbie the least on me, and they're the most polarizing pair. Most complimented pair on me in person.

Most complimented pair: Belize

Least complimented pair: Yves

Hopefully, this is a lesson not to blindly follow styleforum groupthink 🤣

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most complimented pair: Belize

Least complimented pair: Yves

Hopefully, this is a lesson not to blindly follow styleforum groupthink 🤣
IIRC I found the Yves shape to be fairly "normal" on my head as sunnies, whereas the Belize had some edge and boldness.

While boldness/compliments isn't the end-all-be-all, I do think a lot of people could benefit to step outside their comfort zone in terms of eyewear shapes.

zonda600

Reaction score

Most: Crevel Noir optical
Least: Leclair Shadow

Every single person I know has positively complimented the Crevel and I admit they fit me well. Nobody, friend or stranger, has said a thing about the Leclairs.

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Ooooo hmmm tough one— i don’t get compliments on my eyewear but for what i have gotten i would say—

Most : Fellini Shadow
Least: Lankaster Noir

mbf123

Reaction score
Likely more a refinement than a consistency issue. If you look at old pictures of Enzos they look a little smaller and thinner as well. The Pasolini when re-issued was larger and had wider temples (7 barrel hinge v 5 barrel). The Sandro looks a little bigger with the new temples. For a while they were putting a 2 on the reissues (ie Fontainebleau 2) but I haven't seen it lately.

mbf123

Reaction score

Most: Fellini Agar / Domoto Hickory (1269 Sunset Gradient)
Least: Zephirin 47 Shadow

Prometheus195

Reaction score

Jerome doesn't seem to be shy about making design changes. The new Hemmings is a bit more refined imo, though the size is pretty much at the limit of what I can pull off. I'd love to get one of the originals but I don't see it happening. The Wesley also had a fairly dramatic redesign from the 2016 version. I prefer my 2016 Honey Havana to the newer version. The Reynold also received a slight size increase with last year's release.

As far as compliments go, I have a lot of different frames but I'd say Molino 55 Agar and Hemmings in Rover got me the most compliments from friends. The only time a stranger complimented me was for my gold 1980. I've actually received negative comments from a friend about the GT in Solar. I think it was because the lenses suck.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvid2kkrr