• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already have a pair of the same golf shoes in my size (in traditional saddle burgundy black).

They’re pretty good golf shoes, in my experience. Do you not like them?
Spousal Customs probably imposed some kind of time limited amnesty.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the Black insoles were kinda neat, but I seem to recall people complaining that they stained their socks or something (I wanna say on SF… probably in the AE thread… because those guys are a bunch of whiners who like wearing oh so fahhhnsay socks).

I've only had one pair with the black insoles. They were fine in terms of comfort. I did notice that perspiration felt different, like it didn't get absorbed as easily as it does with the other AE insoles. Because of this, my feet would feel like they were slightly slipping when walking. Having said that, if we could go back to the black insole period of AE, I would much prefer that to the current post-Covid sneaker garbage.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only had one pair with the black insoles. They were fine in terms of comfort. I did notice that perspiration felt different, like it didn't get absorbed as easily as it does with the other AE insoles. Because of this, my feet would feel like they were slightly slipping when walking. Having said that, if we could go back to the black insole period of AE, I would much prefer that to the current post-Covid sneaker garbage.
I’ll never understand dress sneakers - the mullet of shoes.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spousal Customs probably imposed some kind of time limited amnesty.
Getting flagged for golf shoes is like being a cocaine-cowboy in the early 1980’s, doing low altitude drops over South Florida in the middle of the night, then getting picked up while leaving the airport for a dimebag of weed you forgot you had in your Members Only jacket.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already have a pair of the same golf shoes in my size (in traditional saddle burgundy black).

They’re pretty good golf shoes, in my experience. Do you not like them?
Not my size. Got them to flip and narrows are slow movers in my limited experience.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey shell C&J for RL PTBs today…
IMG_6257.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mystery shell Florsheim PTBs. E-thrifted these bad boys and then a cobbler rebuilt them.
20240612_075459.jpg
20240612_075456.jpg

VeeLow

Reaction score
Gentlemen, some slightly rough 92604s, (date code indicates 1969/79) in an unforgiving closeup profile view: are those faint vertical scratches a sign of inevitable cracking--should I pass?

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 33

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, some slightly rough 92604s, (date code indicates 1969/79) in an unforgiving closeup profile view: are those faint vertical scratches a sign of inevitable cracking--should I pass?
They don't look quite like cracking. That would be an odd location, imo. Have you asked seller? You could negotiate for returnability. I always like to ask so that it is documented in case I need it.

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are some of the private label opportunities out there? C & J for RL and Alden for BB Peal & Co. are the ones that come immediately to mind. I imagine there are others. It seems those private label items occasionally sell at prices significantly below the Alden and C & J branded ones.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden for BB won't be under the Peal label, I believe. Peal will just be the British makers like C&J and Alfred Sargent. Some of the bigger ones that come to mind are AE for both BB and PRL. Sargent and Edward Green have both made for Paul Stuart.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHarris