• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vinsep

Reaction score
The Jort "washingtons" are pretty good looking...Blue Stripe Jacket and Navy Stripe Suit as well look good.

The rest isn't too interesting. I don't know about Suitsupply but I find the demand for cotton pretty low.

Generally speaking, when I’m paying hundreds for SCs or suits, I would prefer them to be at least in wool.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Hartford noticeably different from the Jort?

Last edited:

TheSupplier

Reaction score
32R is not an easy size to sell. Not a lot of guys are that size in the US. 36S is the smallest I'll even shoot for and that's a stretch.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
32R is not an easy size to sell. Not a lot of guys are that size in the US. 36S is the smallest I'll even shoot for and that's a stretch.
Shhhhh.......don’t say that here - it’s “ridiculous” that retailers don’t offer that size as a routine business.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, all of the suits this season that I've had my eye on are all unavailable in size 32R. I guess I'll be saving my money for the fall/winter collection
I would hate that, too. I'm not sure why someone here would make fun of you for being frustrated and wanting to say so, Mr. S.: this is the SuitSupply thread, where people who like their suits come to talk about them.

I liked the suggestion to use their MTM service, although that's more expensive.

Or, as I mentioned earlier, you could use the online chat interface to ask what they have in your size. The last suit I bought was a discontinued one, not even listed on their site anymore. A customer service pro found it in my size and sent me a personalized link to make the purchase. The heavens opened, and it was glorious.

Happy hunting, @MrSuited !

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Generally speaking, when I’m paying hundreds for SCs or suits, I would prefer them to be at least in wool.

that's pretty generic statement though, I don't know quality of suit supply, but plenty of "higher" end has none wool retail over $2k...

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too, @Vinsep . I'm not a rich man, so I generally invest in wool suits.

Wool is important because
a) I'm in Canada, so winter is long, and
b) I work in education, so I don't go into the office all summer.​

If I bought a gorgeous cotton or linen suit, when would I wear it? I hate weddings.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well get a linen or cotton or some kind blend sports coat for summer at least if you ask me

Vinsep

Reaction score
that's pretty generic statement though, I don't know quality of suit supply, but plenty of "higher" end has none wool retail over $2k...

Can a friend have his personal preference please? :blush::blush::blush:

That said, I probably will choose some sort of silk linen wool cotton blend fabrics as summer jacket, but no pure linen or cotton.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can a friend have his personal preference please? :blush::blush::blush:

+1

That said, I probably will choose some sort of silk linen wool cotton blend fabrics as summer jacket, but no pure linen or cotton.
You and I think the same way, @Vinsep ...

I wear this thing as my casual jacket from the moment the snow melts. I'm even wearing it in my avatar pic beside this post, with the collar popped against the early spring wind. Silk and linen!

https://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-blue-plain/C1118I.html
C1118_5.jpg

Vinsep

Reaction score
+1

You and I think the same way, @Vinsep ...

I wear this thing as my casual jacket from the moment the snow melts. I'm even wearing it in my avatar pic beside this post, with the collar popped against the early spring wind. Silk and linen!

https://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-blue-plain/C1118I.html
View attachment 961663

That's pretty neat! It has this interesting texture with a bit silver undertone. Great choice.

I have my eyes on this for a while. However I haven't committed yet because I can still wear my tweed jacket comfortably here. If @TheSupplier can find a 36R for me, that would be a great help.
https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-brown-plain/C1125I.html?cgid=Jackets&prefn1=colorID&prefv1=brown&prefn2=fit&prefv2=Havana&prefn3=materialID&prefv3=silk

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty neat! It has this interesting texture with a bit silver undertone. Great choice.

I have my eyes on this for a while. However I haven't committed yet because I can still wear my tweed jacket comfortably here. If @TheSupplier can find a 36R for me, that would be a great help.
https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-brown-plain/C1125I.html?cgid=Jackets&prefn1=colorID&prefv1=brown&prefn2=fit&prefv2=Havana&prefn3=materialID&prefv3=silk
Great choice, @Vinsep — that's a jacket you could wear every day.

MrSuited

Reaction score
I would hate that, too. I'm not sure why someone here would make fun of you for being frustrated and wanting to say so, Mr. S.: this is the SuitSupply thread, where people who like their suits come to talk about them.

I liked the suggestion to use their MTM service, although that's more expensive.

Or, as I mentioned earlier, you could use the online chat interface to ask what they have in your size. The last suit I bought was a discontinued one, not even listed on their site anymore. A customer service pro found it in my size and sent me a personalized link to make the purchase. The heavens opened, and it was glorious.

Happy hunting, @MrSuited !

I've been trying to avoid MTM for as long as possible because I feel like once I go MTM, I'll never go back to OTR again.
I've done DYOS before and my experience was fantastic so I'll definitely be doing it again in the future.

As far as using their customer service reps and chats, I've also had some great experiences with them helping me find stuff. It's just that it is a lot more work and I'm not looking for a particular suit at the moment. From time to time I just like to browse through the new suits on their website to see if something catches my eye.

Their customer service is hands down one of the best in all of retail and I have to say that they truly excel in this area, which is one of the reasons why I keep coming back to shop with them.

TheSupplier

Reaction score

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to talk about any of my services here anymore but thanks for the shoutout :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads