• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SamF

Reaction score
Shoulders on the tux are more structured than on the Napoli, I think, but they're not particularly roped.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lazio in blue! Instant-buy.

I have the tux, the shoulder just seem a tiny bit roped until they flatten out (if thats even possible). Just got back from alterations from my tailor and its perfect, great buy.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Newest MTM arrived today.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The fit is good Timo. Can you describe the current MTM process? I did it two years ago and I understand it now allows more features. È.g you have patched pockets and a lower button stance. Also what's the price range now?

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fit is good Timo. Can you describe the current MTM process? I did it two years ago and I understand it now allows more features. È.g you have patched pockets and a lower button stance. Also what's the price range now?

Thx. They do have a wide range of options now. You can choose shoulder types, db/sb, button-confuguration (2b, 3b, 3r2), pocket (I take 3 curved patch pocket a la P. johnson).
You can also adjust a lot of measurements. I lowered the buttoning point and made a lot of other small changes.
This jacket is made of Ariston fabric and came out just under €600, which really is a steal considering fabric and construction (full canvas etc)
I have another appointment on Monday to order more stuff. It's addicting.

Siepi

Reaction score
@timotune , am I still correct in saying that the MTM process does not allow for gorge height adjustment, or is that now an option?

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@timotune
, am I still correct in saying that the MTM process does not allow for gorge height adjustment, or is that now an option?

It wasn't possible to change the gorge imho, but I'll check again on Monday.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't possible to change the gorge imho, but I'll check again on Monday.
Wait, in your opinion it wasn't possible to change the gorge?

Isn't that not an opinion?

Also, it looks fantastic. Great fit.

Last edited:

kashmir

Reaction score

For me, true to size.

Still confused regarding length. The accounts I've read stated that tuxedos are longest in length compared to others in the same size- so same length with london according to the size advisor, but longer than havana and soho. My 42R Soho is a touch too short to cover my huge ass, so taking that as a starting point, a slightly longer 42R tuxedo or London would fit me well. But if you say the 40S Havana and Tux are the same length then I'm not sure anymore.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still confused regarding length. The accounts I've read stated that tuxedos are longest in length compared to others in the same size- so same length with london according to the size advisor, but longer than havana and soho. My 42R Soho is a touch too short to cover my huge ass, so taking that as a starting point, a slightly longer 42R tuxedo or London would fit me well. But if you say the 40S Havana and Tux are the same length then I'm not sure anymore.

The length measurement, BOC, is 28 1/4 inches for the Havana 40S and 28 1/2 inches for the Tuxedo.
My earlier comment was in reference as to how I thought the fit in the chest and waist of the tuxedo compared to other SuSu coats.

Last edited:

kashmir

Reaction score

The length measurement, BOC, is 28 1/4 inches for the Havana 40S and 28 1/2 inches for the Tuxedo.
My earlier comment was in reference as to how I thought the fit in the chest and waist of the tuxedo compared to other SuSu coats.

Hey, thanks for taking the trouble for measuring them. Sounds reasonable then!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur