• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Quick question - once a suit is not available on the website, does that mean it's gone for good or do they do restocks?

Slept on one and woke up to find my size greyed out :fu:

Last edited:

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do sometimes. Also, they seem to have removed certain items and uploaded a bunch of new products recently. Specifically, the coats section has changed a lot.

Feta

Reaction score
Sv: Suitsupply NYC

AReturned my jackets and ordered two suits! One Sienna blue birds and one Napoli grey herringbone. Will get back with pics. Will use the suits for work but my stepfather says the s130 is not so durable compared to s110, what do you guys think? Will only have two suits in the beginning.

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
Returned my jackets and ordered two suits! One Sienna blue birds and one Napoli grey herringbone. Will get back with pics. Will use the suits for work but my stepfather says the s130 is not so durable compared to s110, what do you guys think? Will only have two suits in the beginning.
What do you do for work? The ticket pocket of the sienna make it a no-go for any "conservative" office type environment. You're good with the Napoli though. Very classic "Isaia" type model of suit styling / construction.

Feta

Reaction score

AI work with sales. I go to meetings with other companies and negotiate contracts. Sweden isn't that conservative and most clients and colleagues are wearing far to smal suits and shirts with shiny blue buttons with some orange tie. So I'm hoping that i can pass by with an ticket pocket. I'll have to try it anyway. Maybe I'll have it for new years.

Just have to say that the customer service has been excellent. They exchanged my two jackets and one of the replacements had another size. They directly emailed me and made sure this was correct.

Now I just hope they will fit, the Copenhagen jacket was a nice fit, maybe just little to tight.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A ticket pocket is not a "no go" for an office or sales environment. At worst, a client will notice it and wonder what it is, then dismiss it. At best they will notice that you have an interesting detail, and then dismiss it.

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
A ticket pocket is not a "no go" for an office or sales environment. At worst, a client will notice it and wonder what it is, then dismiss it. At best they will notice that you have an interesting detail, and then dismiss it.
Also, at worst, your coworkers will look at your jacket and think of you to be "stuckup" and a "dandy". You would be shocked how much psychological undertones get communicated by wearing "too-fashion-forward" stuff at the office. It's fine to have your own style, but within conservative boundlines....

Again, though, this is for if you work in Legal, Finance, or other similarly conservative business office environments.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, at worst, your coworkers will look at your jacket and think of you to be "stuckup" and a "dandy".  You would be shocked how much psychological undertones get communicated by wearing "too-fashion-forward" stuff at the office. It's fine to have your own style, but within conservative boundlines....

Again, though, this is for if you work in Legal, Finance, or other similarly conservative business office environments.

I hear ya man.

FWIW, I work in corporate banking in Louisville. Louisville is an old school, old money town. The client-facing person closest to me in age is 50 (I am 33). I have come to learn from the old fogeys that in my neck of the woods it doesn't matter what you wear - as long as you are not a peacock and meet minimum standards, it is what you say and your actions that get deals done, win clients, and makes you successful. The patriarch of our group, the guy with the biggest portfolio, wears tan or grey slacks with a navy blazer and 80s striped tie every single day. And he wears two-tone black-brown loafers. He's said to me numerous times that he has never won nor lost a deal because of how he's dressed.

If a certain article of clothing or nit like a ticket pocket makes you self-conscious and not confident, then don't buy it. But if it makes you feel better, more confident, then go for it. If I'm seeing a manufacturer who will be wearing khaki's and a polo then I wear a more subdued outfit. If I'm just in the office taking care of administrative stuff then I may rock a poofier pocket square or more interesting mix of patterns. There is no black and white. Everything is relative to your situation and environment

Feta

Reaction score

AThanks for the replies, will definitely feel comfortable with the ticket pocket.

How about SS double monks classic line? I'm definitely on a shopping spree right now.

Firefox

Reaction score
There is no black and white. Everything is relative to your situation and environment

+1!

IMO, this philosophy can be applied to many discussions on StyleForum. FWIW, probably life in general too.
smile.gif

Hotel Guy

Reaction score

Also, at worst, your coworkers will look at your jacket and think of you to be "stuckup" and a "dandy".  You would be shocked how much psychological undertones get communicated by wearing "too-fashion-forward" stuff at the office. It's fine to have your own style, but within conservative boundlines....

Have to disagree. As long as you don't look like a clown, I highly doubt you are looked at as stuck-up by wearing nice clothes that you want to wear. Be yourself, dress the way you want to, and dont worry about what other people may or may not think about what kind of pockets or lapels you have on your jacket. Just as many people might think the opposite (independent, not a follower, secure, etc.).

For what its worth, I work in private equity real estate so I get where you are coming from with your conservative, although out-dated, unwritten office rules. I do agree though that its best to have been there for a little while or be a little further in your career so you are not the kid on day one out of undergrad rolling up in a pinstriped double breasted suit with pink tie and silk pocket square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads