Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. kischi

kischi Senior member

Thx. To be honest, I find the sleeves rather slim, which is a good thing for me. BTW I wear size 35 UK/44 EU.

Thx. It's definitively a flanell-like fabric and therefore rather an autumn/winter suit. They used to offer the same model in a lighter fabric. It can be seen here:

http://suitsupply.tumblr.com/page/8

You could try to contact the customer service and ask if it is still available in your size. Sometimes they're officially sold out on their website, but still have a few in the stores.

2. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

that´s a beautiful suit Kischi. Wish I had the guts to don a double-breasted... I'll probably go for one of the blue Lazio pinstripes for my next purchase...

3. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

I agree it looks a little tight. It may be the way you're standing. It's hard to tell with just one photo. I don't know if having a long would help though. If it's too tight in one lenth, it is usally in another (unless it's due to where the buttoning point is). Overall the length looks good though since the sleeves sit where they are supposed to and the jacket is meant to be that short. May just want to have it let out a little.

4. filterq

Agree, the Suit and coat both look great. I have a couple Soho cut suits from this season as well (the navy and charcoal from the site) and both are fairly heavier weights as well. The Navy pinstripe is cotton and a little bit lighter weight. I love both of them and am now contemplating getting that DB coat as well.

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

When I visited NYC I wanted to try this jacket in person before buying online. A few days beforehand it disappeared from the website. When I got to the store they didn't have any either. However, the manager told me another employee was holding a 38R in the office for himself and that I could have it if I wanted. I agree that I probably should have gone up to a 40, but it was this or nothing, I really liked the fabric, the sizing is great through the arms, I like the slightly more casual length, so I pulled the trigger.

It is just hair snug in the shoulders, maybe quarter inch. Plus I'm wearing a shirt and sweater so that adds to the smaller look through the body. If I buy another Havana fit, I'd probably size up.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012

6. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

Sorry, looks like your little brothers jacket.

7. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Both items have a great fit - keepers!

8. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Is the overcoat made bigger in the arms to allow for comfort if wearing a suit underneath?

9. filterq

Yup.

10. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Thoughts on SuitSupply's scarves? They look great.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, is anyone aware of other suits they offer in multiple pant/jacket sizes? Someone told me I was fairly lucky that I picked a suit that I could exchange the pants for a larger size (Bought a 40R, exchanged pants from a 34 to 36 because of 'goalie thighs'). Or have they changed the policy so you get what you get in terms of pants.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012

11. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

Honestly as much as I like the jacket, the buttoning point is WAY too high. Doesn't look good at all. As you said the length is fine for a casual jacket, but the buttoning point being at your solar plexus makes it look ridiculous.

12. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Did you try on the other overcoats by any chance? That blue one is thin, in my experience, and I'm wondering if the pure cashmere ones are thick/more substantial.

13. Miklas

Miklas Member

Just got my plain blue Napoli. No alterations yet but will get the pants shortened ASAP. Apart from that I think it fits fine.

[​IMG]

14. kischi

kischi Senior member

It's really quite thin. No, haven't tried the other coats, as I find the styling a bit dull.

15. kischi

kischi Senior member

Nice suit. Fit looks good apart from the pants lenght.