1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

yes, you can move the button up or down not the button hole which I believe you are referring too..and to your question if you are active on this board then most likely you have been to a tailor.

2. thedose

thedose Active Member

and to add insult to injury, the shoulder that is lower happens to be the very shoulder/side of the jacket where the button itself is on... [​IMG]

3. Feta

Feta Member

How is the shoulder padding on the lazio? They say that Napoli is lightly padded but it has a big chunk of it.

4. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

If you think the Napoli is too heavily padded, you need to walk into a Macy's or Men's Wearhouse somewhere...

5. timotune

timotune Senior member

But it is the most padded suitsupply model. And they are describing it as lightly padded, which it obv. is not.

6. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Looks good. I wouldn't bother getting the jacket shortened. 0.5" is not that much, and you run the risk of messing with the nice finish on the bottom edge.

7. thedose

thedose Active Member

I'm driving up to the Georgetown spot today, Just going to get the sleeves shortened, maybe have the sides taken in and see what they can do about that top button. Also gonna get the trousers hemmed & cuffed.

Hoping to try on the other fits there as well :D

This forum is so awesome!

8. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

I would not move the top button, not sure why trending is going towards higher button stance, but it looks terrible. Its perfect right where it is. Get the pants and sleeves taken in and you'll be good to go.

1 person likes this.
  9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I think the recommendation is just to move the button itself up .25" or so, simply so that the button is one the same horizontal plane is the buttonhole -- due to his low right shoulder, the button is slightly below that plane.

1 person likes this.
  10. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

i went into the nyc store today. it turns out i fit their 34r london perfectly, but the jacket I tried on was for the MTM service only.
    They do not carry a 34R in that fit, lowest is a 35 :(. Any ideas?

11. timotune

timotune Senior member

Well, going for MTM would seem to be the best way.
    Really none of the other cuts fitted you?

12. timotune

timotune Senior member

13. timotune

timotune Senior member

14. thedose

thedose Active Member

While at SS, I tried on the Lazio in other colors - this is the fit for me, also tried on the Napoli, and Sienna. The Sienna was also a glove-fitting shoulder (as the Lazio), the napoli fit me perfect, though the padding on the shoulder stuck out just a bit too much, and I remember the rule "lean up against the wall, if the shoulder pads touch the wall before you do, the suit is too big" unfortunately that was the case, and I am a bit angry as I was about to pull the trigger on the Napoli. It was a perfect staple piece, a very nice VBC Grey check (very subtle, you could only tell there were checks if you were up close) I would have walked out of there with 2 staples and would be set for some time...

On another note: As for my blue Lazio, the alterations that were done= They shortened the suit jacket 2cm, and took in the sleeves (unfortunately I needed just enough that it had to be done from the shoulders) so they will ship it to me after the alteration. Also had the trousers shortened & cuffed. All in all, I was VERY pleased, they were extremely patient with me and very accommodating.

Now I just can't wait to get my suit back for the post-alterations pics :D

Also, Happy New Year SF! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Anyone get their single-breast coats yet?

16. plittell23

plittell23 New Member

17. thedose

thedose Active Member

If you have the money for it, I'd go with the Sienna. That fit is cut so nicely, also be aware that they are different fabrics, the Lazio IMO would be best worn as a winter/fall suit whereas the Sienna I would wear year round

18. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I'm in the market for a new suit. I have a budget around $600-700. Will stop into SS NYC soon.

Agreed. But I already have 3 Uniqlo chesterfield coats. And I just need a spring outerwear piece (Mac?).

19. suitor

suitor Member

I'm 6' 1" and 150-155lb with 31 waist. What is your waist size?