• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few questions, if I may:

How is the padding on the shoulders? Are the armholes high? How was the length for you? Do you know if the wool ones have the same fit?

JBG89

Reaction score
Does anyone have an associate in the NYC store that they would reccomend for a fitting?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few questions, if I may:
How is the padding on the shoulders? Are the armholes high? How was the length for you? Do you know if the wool ones have the same fit?
I second that. Am also interested in the fit of the coats. I think they are sized weird though.

Example: the size 44R has a 19,4" shoulder width and 24,4" chest width measurement (asked for the measurements from customer service). Now, 24,4" chest width for 44R sounds reasonable, but not at 19,4" shoulder width.

I have some suits at 19,1" shoulder width (size 40") so I guess I should purchase the size 44R suitsupply coat if I intend to fit the suit under the coat. But 24,4" chest width... come on.

Last edited:

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updated Recap of Q's about the coat, if someone decides to answer:

How is the padding on the shoulders?
Are the armholes high?
How was the length for you?
What are the fit differences between the cashmere vs wool coats?
From online, it looks like the wool coats are unlined, at least at the back-- can you confirm?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The green Havana on the website looks pretty nice . Also, the brown herringbone Milano - but for some reason I can't click into that one to detail. All the link does is refresh the main jackets page. Annoying.

The blue Havana with the Prince of Wales-esque pattern has been my favorite that I've seen on the site. Pretty annoyed I never bought it. Seemed like good value at $300.

Hotel Guy

Reaction score

Updated Recap of Q's about the coat, if someone decides to answer:
How is the padding on the shoulders?
Are the armholes high?
How was the length for you?
What are the fit differences between the cashmere vs wool coats?
From online, it looks like the wool coats are unlined, at least at the back-- can you confirm?

Not much padding, armholes were high like the rest of the suit jackets, length seemed appropriate for the size I tried on, I only tried on the cashmere. It was super soft and felt like top of the line quality. Great modern fit/styling which can be hard to find in an overcoat.

tdavishurt

Reaction score
Just curious. I am 5'6 188 I usually wear a size 40R in suits like Hugo Boss the Pasolini fit and 42R in the James/Sharp fit. For the most part I usually wear a 40R with alterations to the sleeves. I am wondering should I get a 42S in suit supply suits. I wear a 16.5 32/33 dress shirt. Any assistance is welcomed.

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
Just curious. I am 5'6 188 I usually wear a size 40R in suits like Hugo Boss the Pasolini fit and 42R in the James/Sharp fit. For the most part I usually wear a 40R with alterations to the sleeves. I am wondering should I get a 42S in suit supply suits. I wear a 16.5 32/33 dress shirt. Any assistance is welcomed.
I am 6'0" and about 180-185lbs. I wear a 42R in Boss James/Sharp. In SuitSupply I'm a 40R.

For someone who's 5'6", it really depends on what cut you get. When you go online, look for the suit fits that say "shorter jacket". Those are the ones you should go for. If I can remember correctly, Washington and Napoli are longer jackets and the Sienna I believe is a shorter jacket.

Personally, I'm a fan of Sienna (very slim fit, but unfortunately has a ticket pocket) and Napoli (conservative notch-lapel and no ticket pocket BUT it's a bit "roomier" cut).

They didn't have the Sevilla ($399) fit in the store in a 40R (from what I saw), but I'm interested in that one as well (wide notch lapel and no ticket pocket = Good).

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
I think I need a 42S in slimmer suits and 40R for the suits with shorter jackets.
Just know that the "slimmest" suit is the Washington fit, and it has a characteristically LONG jacket. So, you really need to go by "shorter jacket" fits. It doesn't always go hand-in-hand, "slim fit" AND "short jacket".

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not much padding, armholes were high like the rest of the suit jackets, length seemed appropriate for the size I tried on, I only tried on the cashmere. It was super soft and felt like top of the line quality. Great modern fit/styling which can be hard to find in an overcoat.

Thanks. Was it warm? Were they as close fitting as their suits, or did they have enough room to fit a jacket in the same size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads