Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

the problem is you probably have prominent blades (backwise) that is causing those riples..so when you have a coat that has a little bit of balance issues then that happens..I have this happen routinely on RTW items that I wear. Unfortunately its hard to remedy.. I've only really been able to address it in M2M..Apart from that the jacket fits decently well.. the pitch on the pants is off which again happens a lot in RTW... but thats really nitpicking if you are a perfectionist..Overall pretty good..

2. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

Is this the washington? When I get some time I'll try to take some pictures. I have super monster thighs, and my pants dont pull like that in the thighs. very odd unless you have 27 inch+ thighs.

3. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

The fit looks pretty good. I wouldn't worry so much about the back. You don't seem to have any bunching which would indicate the suit is too small for you. (It'll also look better after you undue the vents.) I think you're better off letting out the sleeves than getting a longer jacket. The length seems good.

4. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

What's about the going rate of a basic navy MTM two piece (single breasted)?

5. Zac Duncan

Zac Duncan Well-Known Member

one question, wrinkle free or not?

6. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Thanks filterq,

As per Despos response in the tailor thread, he indicated that I have a low left shoulder and that it is very hard to do anything about it unless MTM/Bespoke. He did say that padding in the left shoulder could be slightly increased but for now, i've decided to keep the jacket, exchange the pants for a 36 and simply have the pants hemmed/sleeves let out.

7. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

8. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Anyone that could give me some measurements concerning their suits? I'm looking at the Napoli suits and want to know the following measurements:

Jacket
    1. What is the back length including collar for size 38R and 38S?
    2. What is the sleeve length for size 38R and 38S from shoulder seam to end of cuff?
    3. Is the chest measurement at the website for the 38" Napoli suit jacket true (42,7")?

Trousers
    4. What is the waist width measurement for size 30" and 32" (are they actual 30" and 32" or +/-)?

5. What is the thigh width measurement for size 30" and 32"?
    6. What is the seat width measurement for size 30" and 32?

I would be very appreciative if someone could provide me with at least some answers to these questions.
    Thanks in advance.

9. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

I received the measurements from their customer service, if someone is interested in them.

Have anyone tried their coats (http://www.suitsupply.com/on/demand...US/Product-Show?pid=J210&start=4&cgid=Coats)? How's the fit?

I usually take 18-18,5" suit jackets and 19-19,5" overcoats over the shoulders measured from shoulder seam to shoulder seam straight across the back. Suitsupply, however seem to measure the shoulder width in quiet a different way. They measure it from the shoulder seam, up to the collar, straight under the collar and then down to the other shoulder seam (see picture under "What's my size?" in the link I provided above). Anyone owning a coat of the above mentioned (http://www.suitsupply.com/on/demand...n_US/Product-Show?pid=J215&start=5&cgid=Coats has the same fit) and can comment on fit?

I'm tempted to order a Napoli suit and the first (over)coat I provided a link for, but am unsure concerning shoulder width. Usually, I would take a suit that has 18,5" in shoulder width (which for a Napoli suit would translate to 38"), but with their way of measuring I'm unsure. Does anyone own a Napoli suit in 38" chest and/or a coat of theirs (any size would do, just want to confirm what the difference in inches is between measuring "from shoulder seam to shoulder seam" and their way of measuring) that can measure from shoulder seam to shoulder seam across back and provide me with the measurements?

Thank you.

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I have 2 Napoli 38s and remember measuring once that the seam to seam was right around the 18.5 mark.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

11. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

I see. Thank you very much. Do you mean 38S (short) or 38R (regular)? Would you be kind to measure the total length of the jacket including the collar? I'm 5"10-5"10 1/2 and am afraid the jacket may be to long. May I ask how tall you are also?

Thank you.

12. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

regular. I am just about 6-1 and don't like an overly long coat. the regular just covers my butt. length measurements are on the website.

you can order 4 sizes and send back the ones that don't fit.

13. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thank you. The measurement on the website concerning the length of the jacket is w/o the collar, thus my question. Anyone willing to provide?

I know I can order many sizes and send back the ones that don't fit. But I rather get one that fits from the get go. Or at least as much as possible. Although, it seems I need to order a 38S and 38R with W30" and W32" + 42" coat and 44" coat.

LOL.

Thank you for your help.

14. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Has anyone tried out their winter coats? Verdict?

15. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

I tried on the grey cashmere coat at the store last week and it seemed great.