1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

The website. I seez new stuffz

2. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

3. bluesman528

bluesman528 Senior member

This is perfectly usual for short sizes in Central Europe.

4. ferragamo2012

ferragamo2012 Member

Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.

5. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.

So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  6. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Bought a dinner jacket there and was very pleased - no vanity sizing which I appreciate. Tried on a double-breasted and something about that cut I don't like, just slightly too straight through the body, but nothing a tailor couldn't fix.

They need more three pieces though.

7. ferragamo2012

ferragamo2012 Member

Hopefully the one you bought is cut differently. The one I tried had 34 in pants! I considered trying a 36 but the sleeves are an inch longer than the 38 short and on the 38 i had to remove about as much as you could get away with without having to shorten at the shoulder. I'm 5'6, 31 in waist, 38in chest.

8. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

9. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

fuck park and bond!

10. thedose

thedose Active Member

ferragamo2012, which suit did you try in 38?

11. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

I recently ordered a cashmere overcoat and got it yesterday. It appears to be very well made, high quality cashmere, etc. Very happy with it. Only gripe is that the pocket linings feel cheap compared to how soft the rest of the jacket is.

12. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Nice. I want some photos! What's the weight like? The fit for the size you got?

13. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

Sure ill post some, I wear a 38 in the suits and got the same in the coat. It fits well. It's pretty heavy and the cashmere is as soft as any other high end stuff I've felt.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  14. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Wanted to buy a beautiful light brown flannel Lazio suit that was made available yesterday, but when I got around to logging on again last night, it was gone...:(

15. Da GOAT

Da GOAT Well-Known Member

got the sienna i ordered a few weeks ago, just a tad small is the 102 size, need 106/44L. fabric is real nice, waiting for ups to pickup from me now so should get the suit in time for christmas.

anyone know if they do january/christmas sales on the site? im looking at getting a couple jumpers/chinos now.

16. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

In a year and a half of tracking SS I have not seen one sale. I hear they have an outlet somewhere in europe.

17. thedose

thedose Active Member

If I am correct, I believe the outlet is in the Netherlands

btw, does anyone have pics of the napoli grey faux uni? I am wondering what shade of grey it is

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  18. johnbond8459

johnbond8459 Active Member

I just bought the Napoli Grey Uni. I would equate it to the worsted wool grey color of J Crew. It's really a great staple suit. Highly recommend.

19. NormsR

NormsR Member

20. thedose

thedose Active Member

That is exactly what I was wanting it as, thanks johnbond8459!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012