1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Hopefully there will be a big nice box waiting on my doorstep when I get home today....

2. timotune

timotune Senior member

hopefully there will be pictures of what is inside that box ;-)

3. steffenbp11

why, of course :)

1 person likes this.
  4. thedose

thedose Active Member

So I will just keep returning it until I get the correct one then [​IMG]

Thanks for that bit of info btw chososa :D

5. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Any photos of those overcoats yet?

6. gdhnsch

gdhnsch Member

Would be totally ok with me.

7. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

copped the double breasted suit from park and bond for 300. in size 34(talked to suitsupply and they say its the 35) since that's their lowest size. I haven't bought a new suit in a long time. after losing alot of weight tried on 36 from on of their slim ones at nordstroms and that ran slightly big. hopefully the 35 fits!
    fit pics when it comes

1 person likes this.
  8. thedose

thedose Active Member

It would also be helpful for you to post your measurements:

Weight, height etc...

9. steffenbp11

as promised a few straight out of the box pictures of my latest Suitsupply acquisition. A Lazio winter weight suit and a wool tie. Not sure the tie will get a lot of wear, but I love the suit. The amount of daylight in my part of the world leaves at lot to be desired, but the colours are most accurate in the top photo... Oh, its a Euro 46. I am 180 cm, and weigh around 70-72 kg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Looks good! How would you compare the Lazio fit to the Washington Fit?

11. steffenbp11

I haven't tried the Washington, but I think it is the slimmest suit supply option there is. there are quite a few Washington suits where I like the fabric, but the cut and styling is a bit over the top for me with peak lapes and 2.5 buttons....

12. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

So I have the opportunity to get a free Suit Supply suit. I was thinking of going for the Jort (or now La Spalla as they're calling it), but I'm not sure I like the look of the shoulder. I need a grey suit, and the grey birdseye Sienna just seems to look better - I prefer a darker grey and the texture of the cloth seems a bit nicer. As an added bonus the fabric should be a bit more hard wearing on the Sienna.

I know the Jort is supposed to be more luxurious. The description of the Sienna in the video says it is a canvas construction. Does anyone know if it is half or full canvassed. Which of these do you guys prefer?

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-grey-plain-la-spalla-p3019/P3019,en_GB,pd.html
    http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-grey...cgid=Suits&srule=PriceDesc#product_second_tab

13. kischi

kischi Senior member

Last summer, I ordered a grey birdseye Jort and a plain blue Sienna with the intention to keep only one and return the other. The decision was quite easy. The Sienna fits me like a tent, while the Jort is much, much slimmer. Also, I prefer the Jort's very soft spalla camicia shoulder with almost no padding, wich makes the coat much lighter than the Sienna. So my vote goes for the Jort.

But I suggest you to order both, so that you can decide based on the fit. If you don't like one of the items, you can return it without any shipping costs via UPS.

PS: I think Sienna is half canvassed and Jort is full canvassed

14. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Sienna is fully canvased, but the Jort is much lighter as there is next to no padding and the wool is much lighter.

I've tried on both, and while the Jort was a slightly more snug fit than the Sienna - it's no tent, and the Jort is still less slim than the Washington.

15. thedose

thedose Active Member

Ordered the navy washington SC, it will arrive on Wednesday and is being shipped directly from the motherland (Netherlands)

I can't wait!

16. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Can't wait to see it.. have had my eye on a couple of Washington's but have not taken the plunge yet..

I dont think the Sienna's are fully canvassed.. half canvassed but the shoulders are done by hand and the sleeves are set done and set in by hand plus the fabrics are more luxurious in the Sienna model over the Washington and Napoli fits..the Jort is the only one I believe that is fully canvassed..

17. mink31

mink31 Senior member

I have this tuxedo. I generally wear a 38R and the 38R fits me very well, with no alterations required. I like the quality and the grosgrain lapel is a nice touch. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a buttonhole, but I had my tailor handsew one on for me and now I'm satisfied. The pants are about a 31/32" waist with about 2" to let out and they fit fairly slim.

Oh and one more thing: the breast pocket is deeper than usual and my pocket square tends to sink in it. I don't know if this is an isolated incident, but I'm hoping to find a solution.

18. thedose

thedose Active Member

Washington SC arrived today.

I am unsure on whether or not I should keep it. I am in love with the quality and it feels like with some alterations it should fit.

The length of the jacket needs about 1.5" shortened, the sleeves as well, I rolled up the right sleeve to see what it would look like if they were the right length. The first picture is weird because I couldn't get a perfect back shot with it on so yeah... IMO the best picture is the second one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I think the jacket needs so much shortening that it would not look good after alterations imo.

20. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I wish I could say this cut is for you dose.. but it does not look good.. the shoulders are way too wide on you and everything is too long from the sleeves to the length of the jacket..its going to cost atleast a third if not half of what you paid and it will still be off balance wise..I would say return it..

1 person likes this.