• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ichobi

Reaction score
I am looking to buy this Sienna blue suit. I want a plain suit with a little texture. From the shot it seems like a faded pinstripe pattern. I am not sure if this their lighting or the clothe has this effect. Would you say it's a stripe blue or more of a plain blue? I can't tell without looking at the real thing.

Also, would wool-casmere blend be good for all-year suit? I work in tropical climate. I fear it might be too hot.

http://www.suitsupply.com/on/demand...5&start=4&cgid=Suits&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Sienna

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been there many times and they always come right over to me as soon as I walk in.  Most times I have several people come over when I walk in.  They must've been unusually busy, give them another try sometime soon.  Try to work with either CB or Rob.

maybe your fake rolex gets their attention

Saltricks

Reaction score

I am looking to buy this Sienna blue suit. I want a plain suit with a little texture. From the shot it seems like a faded pinstripe pattern. I am not sure if this their lighting or the clothe has this effect. Would you say it's a stripe blue or more of a plain blue? I can't tell without looking at the real thing.
Also, would wool-casmere blend be good for all-year suit? I work in tropical climate. I fear it might be too hot.
http://www.suitsupply.com/on/demand...5&start=4&cgid=Suits&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Sienna

That does look like a light pin stripe. I have a cashmere blend double breasted jacket that I cannot wear when its over 80 degrees. And we have dry heat here. Probably not the best fabric for a humid heat

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just got back from the new Washington, DC store. I was really excited to see their jackets up close and personal. I planned my whole Sunday around the trip as I had to trek across the city.
Unfortunately, the customer service was deplorable - it was nonexistant. I was in the store for over 45 minutes and was not acknowledged once. I have never tried on so many jackets and suit coats in a mens store without being approached.
The store was well laid out and the associates were well dressed. But walking around in well tailored jackets with your socks showing doesn't create a good customer experience. In their defense, they were busy. Its not like associates were standing around, but again, it would have taken five seconds for someone to stop and say "Hey I noticed you've been in here a while trying on jackets. I'd love to answer any questions as soon as I'm done with the current customer."
Suitsupply spends a ton of time reminding everyone about their italian fabrics and canvassed jackets (most of them looked fantastic in person). They should spend a little time thinking about the in store customer experience.

Wow, we were there almost at the same time and had totally different experiences....

I had a road trip that took me through DC on Friday so, like you, I planned a diversion to Suit Supply (being from the nether world of Orlando, FL where nothing like that exists). I was pummeled by sales staff. I mean, I couldn't get 2 minutes of browsing without repeated "Are you doing OK?" , "Anything I can help you with?". It was relentless enough to turn me off (I'm one of those "leave me alone and let me browse in peace, I'll holler when I need you" customers that salespeople probably don't like).

That said, some comments:

• Some nice fabrics, especially for the price point.
  • Plenty of product in 40R/40L (I'm in between). And, as others have said, the fit is mostly athletic+ - which works for me. Just about perfect for me OTR.
  • I don't like the Jort shoulders at all. I'm glad they were on hangers that labeled them as such so I could skip past them.
  • I dislike their peak lapels even more in person than online. The flannel ones, for example, were flimsy. Others were too big. It was a shame because there were some suits I really liked, but they only came OTR in a peak.
  • All their trouser separates were way too are aggressively tailored. I tend to like a full leg to begin with, but I'll do a slightly tapered leg too. Theirs struck me as almost ridiculous.
  • The relentlessness of the SAs made me think of a car dealership. Note that the Friday I was there was at the end of the month, maybe they work on quota. If so, it shows; in a bad way.
  • I hate the super-short collars (especially when it's a button down) on a lot of their sport shirts - ala Theory and other dork brands. Again, a shame because there were some that I really liked.

To sum up - nice store, generally nice product and fair to better pricing, and too aggressive sales people for me. I may still eventually get something from them online, but even if I lived close I probably wouldn't revisit the store to browse, only to double check something I was seriously considering buying online.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, we were there almost at the same time and had totally different experiences....
I had a road trip that took me through DC on Friday so, like you, I planned a diversion to Suit Supply (being from the nether world of Orlando, FL where nothing like that exists). I was pummeled by sales staff. I mean, I couldn't get 2 minutes of browsing without repeated "Are you doing OK?" , "Anything I can help you with?". It was relentless enough to turn me off (I'm one of those "leave me alone and let me browse in peace, I'll holler when I need you" customers that salespeople probably don't like).
That said, some comments:
  • The relentlessness of the SAs made me think of a car dealership. Note that the Friday I was there was at the end of the month, maybe they work on quota. If so, it shows; in a bad way.

Sounds like NewLaw was ignored because the whole sales staff was focused on you.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sounds like NewLaw was ignored because the whole sales staff was focused on you. 

No joke, you might be right. And I have no idea why - it's not like I rolled in looking like a big timer who was going to walk out with 5 suits. Seriously, for all the attention given and my polite but slightly forced "I'm just browsing" response, I would have thought they would have moved on - but no. It bordered on comical.

filterq

Reaction score

Hi all: Just got this Jort and was wanting to see what your thoughts were regarding fit. Thanks.

Looks a tad tight, but it might be the way you're standing. How does it feel?

dufferin1

Reaction score
Well gentleman. The suit has arrived. Haven't uploaded the pics yet but it will be soon. Jacket fits great in the shoulders though not as surpressed in the stomach (will need your opinions). Only thing is the pants are too tight in the thigh (waist is okay) and I will size up. All in all a great looking suit and great materials. If any of you need any specific pics regarding the quality of the suit please let me know before I need to exchange it. I will say the pants have a great quality.

rahul

Reaction score
Thanks. Feels a little big through the waist actually. Problem is i cannot go to a 40s as it will not fit through the back and chest. I was going to ask my tailor to take in in through the waist and slim the sleeves.

cwoodson

Reaction score
Well gentleman. The suit has arrived. Haven't uploaded the pics yet but it will be soon. Jacket fits great in the shoulders though not as surpressed in the stomach (will need your opinions). Only thing is the pants are too tight in the thigh (waist is okay) and I will size up. All in all a great looking suit and great materials. If any of you need any specific pics regarding the quality of the suit please let me know before I need to exchange it. I will say the pants have a great quality.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like you have the same problem with the pants that I do. I am an avid runner/triathlete so my quads/thighs are larger than normal. They took the seat and thigh out of my pants on my navy and grey napoli suits cause I couldn't order the larger pant size. However, going up one pant size in the pin stripe made the pants fit perfect.

I will try to upload some pics soon. Just haven't had time (or a proper mirror).

facet

Reaction score

I could be wrong; but is that a herringbone pattern?

dufferin1

Reaction score
Here are the pictures. Unfortunately..the more I look at the back, the more I worry. Though the pants are a somewhat easy fix the rest doesn't look as good (to me).

From the front things seem to look good, except the sleeves seem too short...am I correct? This is a 40S..the 40R is 1 inch longer and has 1 inch longer sleeves...would that be a better bet?

Now the back. The armholes don't seem right as there is a lot of bunching. I have attached one photo with flash, one without..

Apologies for the awful looking room, its a friend of mines.

Last edited:

bmathe02

Reaction score

Here are the pictures. Unfortunately..the more I look at the back, the more I worry. Though the pants are a somewhat easy fix the rest doesn't look as good (to me).

From the front things seem to look good, except the sleeves seem too short...am I correct? This is a 40S..the 40R is 1 inch longer and has 1 inch longer sleeves...would that be a better bet?

Now the back. The armholes don't seem right as there is a lot of bunching. I have attached one photo with flash, one without..

Apologies for the awful looking room, its a friend of mines.

I would retake the back pictures first. It seems your posture is off in the shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads