• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

japejapejape

Reaction score
Muscular legs are the undoing of SuitSupply trouser fit success. Most of the fits are quite similar in dimensions and favor a trimmer fit top to bottom. I have musuclar legs and the only fit I've found that works for me in a normal size (eg I don't have to size up 1 or 2 whole waist sizes) would be the Braddon. Only issue with them is that they only come double pleated so if you want flat fronts you are out of luck!
I'm in the same boat. Braddon is the only trouser that fits me cause of this very same reason.

osw880

Reaction score
I recently received three wool trousers from Susu outlet and as you all mentioned Braddon fit is much roomier than Brentwood. I don't even have crazy big thighs but I find them a bit snug.

zurich64

Reaction score
I got 2 LaSpalla Full canvas from the canadian outlet. When arrive, I notice they are not pleated shoulder (shirt shoulder). Asking SS custom service, they say final sale you should see it's not pleated shoulder in the pictures. I don't agree the kind of answer but for the price I don't complain too mush lol
In my Jort jackets, shoulder pleats are quite prominent. La Spalla red line ones also have la Spalla shirt shoulder. Probably depends on clothes too, as heavier fabrics may have subtle pleats. I will try to post pictures of few different jackets.

rollerkilt

Reaction score
I got 2 LaSpalla Full canvas from the canadian outlet. When arrive, I notice they are not pleated shoulder (shirt shoulder). Asking SS custom service, they say final sale you should see it's not pleated shoulder in the pictures. I don't agree the kind of answer but for the price I don't complain too mush lol
Is there any good information on the label? I'm wondering if the suit is really a Hartford style. If so, then it's just the website being inaccurate because however long ago they got rid of La Spalla name, and I can't remember if they dropped Hartford name, but then they apparently brought back La Spalla name and everything non-Jort but full canvas under that, except that now they just say full canvas Lazio? I didn't keep a history.

I mean, a combination of silly name decisions, website inaccuracy, and customer service just going along with it and not giving you an intelligent answer when you know that sleeve is in the name. Everybody could have just said what it really was and then you wouldn't be surprised.

KungLao

Reaction score
Is there any good information on the label? I'm wondering if the suit is really a Hartford style. If so, then it's just the website being inaccurate because however long ago they got rid of La Spalla name, and I can't remember if they dropped Hartford name, but then they apparently brought back La Spalla name and everything non-Jort but full canvas under that, except that now they just say full canvas Lazio? I didn't keep a history.

I mean, a combination of silly name decisions, website inaccuracy, and customer service just going along with it and not giving you an intelligent answer when you know that sleeve is in the name. Everybody could have just said what it really was and then you wouldn't be surprised.
Yes you right they say Lazio instead of Spalla for the product name but still using La Spalla in the description for P5725.
I think in the past, SS marketed La Spalla for the unique high end full canvas (jort also) with the pleated Shoulder. Mine the P5725 maybe it's a fabrication error. Currently, because they offer full canvas version for every line : havana, washington and Lazio so they just drop La Spalla name

p5725_1.jpgp5725_2.jpgp5725_3.jpg

zurich64

Reaction score
Yes you right they say Lazio instead of Spalla for the product name but still using La Spalla in the description for P5725.
I think in the past, SS marketed La Spalla for the unique high end full canvas (jort also) with the pleated Shoulder. Mine the P5725 maybe it's a fabrication error. Currently, because they offer full canvas version for every line : havana, washington and Lazio so they just drop La Spalla name

View attachment 1540879View attachment 1540880View attachment 1540881
I also have this suite, but mine does have slightly pleated shoulders. Label looks a bit different from yours.

Attachments

KungLao

Reaction score
I also have this suite, but mine does have slightly pleated shoulders. Label looks a bit different from yours.
Thank your sharing! We have the same label, I uploaded the picture of the pant label by mistake . Here Both :
p5725_0.png

MajorDash

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the size charts for Suitsupply items these days? If they even still exist, they've made them literally impossible to find.

I am specifically looking for the measurements of the Merano coat. I tried on both the 40 and the 42 a couple of months ago, and they both seemed to fit fine.... However, I want to look at the shoulder measurements and sleeve lengths again.

archipel

Reaction score
One option I found is to custom made a piece, then choose the size and look at the measurements.

MisterBB

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the size charts for Suitsupply items these days? If they even still exist, they've made them literally impossible to find.

I am specifically looking for the measurements of the Merano coat. I tried on both the 40 and the 42 a couple of months ago, and they both seemed to fit fine.... However, I want to look at the shoulder measurements and sleeve lengths again.
Google images. Though most of what I recall seeing is for regular sizes

adrianvo

Reaction score
Anyone had a custom shirt made with the "Kent"-collar? Can't find any info on how much spread it has or even how it looks buttoned up IRL.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.