• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zurich64

Reaction score
Yes you right they say Lazio instead of Spalla for the product name but still using La Spalla in the description for P5725.
I think in the past, SS marketed La Spalla for the unique high end full canvas (jort also) with the pleated Shoulder. Mine the P5725 maybe it's a fabrication error. Currently, because they offer full canvas version for every line : havana, washington and Lazio so they just drop La Spalla name

View attachment 1540879 View attachment 1540880 View attachment 1540881
I also have this suite, but mine does have slightly pleated shoulders. Label looks a bit different from yours.

Attachments

• IMG_20210123_115632.jpg
    IMG_20210123_115632.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20210123_115754.jpg
    IMG_20210123_115754.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 149

KungLao

Reaction score
I also have this suite, but mine does have slightly pleated shoulders. Label looks a bit different from yours.
Thank your sharing! We have the same label, I uploaded the picture of the pant label by mistake . Here Both :
p5725_0.png

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the size charts for Suitsupply items these days? If they even still exist, they've made them literally impossible to find.

I am specifically looking for the measurements of the Merano coat. I tried on both the 40 and the 42 a couple of months ago, and they both seemed to fit fine.... However, I want to look at the shoulder measurements and sleeve lengths again.

archipel

Reaction score
One option I found is to custom made a piece, then choose the size and look at the measurements.

MisterBB

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the size charts for Suitsupply items these days? If they even still exist, they've made them literally impossible to find.

I am specifically looking for the measurements of the Merano coat. I tried on both the 40 and the 42 a couple of months ago, and they both seemed to fit fine.... However, I want to look at the shoulder measurements and sleeve lengths again.
Google images. Though most of what I recall seeing is for regular sizes

adrianvo

Reaction score
Anyone had a custom shirt made with the "Kent"-collar? Can't find any info on how much spread it has or even how it looks buttoned up IRL.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
That is a very spicy collar!

I indeed do like it very much. It evokes a vintage feel that is not costumey. I only wear it with pointed lapels though as it has become important for me that the collar line of the jacket runs parallel to the collar line of the shirt. For Suitsupply this means classic collar for step-collar jackets and Kent collar for pointed lapel jackets. I do have a feeling that these lines run somewhat differently on the three button jackets, but we will find out in March when my Custom Made three button suit arrvies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ultimately used the online help chat to ask for size charts on the Merano coat. They said they don’t have size charts for the coat, but internally they have the measurements. They just emailed me the measurements of the coat.

I ordered one with the blue shaggy wool/cashmere fabric they had this season, but with black horn buttons and the extended length. The $25 up charge for the additional length is a pretty nice option for such a small up charge.

Nicolas92

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
So far I've only worn chinos by Charles Tyrwhitt in 30/30 and now I want to order my first chinos from Suitsupply in navy.
Would the "Porto Chino" with a low rise be more suitable or the "Blake Trouser" with a high rise if you have short legs?

And what size would most closely match a 30/30? If possible, I would even prefer waist size 29. Would that be 44 or even 42 at Suitsupply?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
So far I've only worn chinos by Charles Tyrwhitt in 30/30 and now I want to order my first chinos from Suitsupply in navy.
Would the "Porto Chino" with a low rise be more suitable or the "Blake Trouser" with a high rise if you have short legs?

And what size would most closely match a 30/30? If possible, I would even prefer waist size 29. Would that be 44 or even 42 at Suitsupply?

If you have short legs then definitely go with Blake as it elongates the legs. The rise of the trousers of Suitsupply is not that high that it should be out of the comfort zone for those who usually do not wear high rise trousers - it still adds the desired length to the leg line.

Nicolas92

Reaction score
Ok thank you and so far i would also prefer the Blake trouser because of the high rise. But the porto seems to be a real chino and the blake seems to be a more formal trouser.

Can the Blake trouser still be worn in a casual outfit with sneaker and a polo shirt or will it look to formal ?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Ok thank you and so far i would also prefer the Blake trouser because of the high rise. But the porto seems to be a real chino and the blake seems to be a more formal trouser.

Can the Blake trouser still be worn in a casual outfit with sneaker and a polo shirt or will it look to formal ?

The Blake trouser really is not formal and could easily be worn with sneakers and a polo shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads