• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jazzthief

Reaction score
That is a very spicy collar!
I indeed do like it very much. It evokes a vintage feel that is not costumey. I only wear it with pointed lapels though as it has become important for me that the collar line of the jacket runs parallel to the collar line of the shirt. For Suitsupply this means classic collar for step-collar jackets and Kent collar for pointed lapel jackets. I do have a feeling that these lines run somewhat differently on the three button jackets, but we will find out in March when my Custom Made three button suit arrvies.

MajorDash

Reaction score
I ultimately used the online help chat to ask for size charts on the Merano coat. They said they don’t have size charts for the coat, but internally they have the measurements. They just emailed me the measurements of the coat.

I ordered one with the blue shaggy wool/cashmere fabric they had this season, but with black horn buttons and the extended length. The $25 up charge for the additional length is a pretty nice option for such a small up charge.

Nicolas92

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
So far I've only worn chinos by Charles Tyrwhitt in 30/30 and now I want to order my first chinos from Suitsupply in navy.
Would the "Porto Chino" with a low rise be more suitable or the "Blake Trouser" with a high rise if you have short legs?

And what size would most closely match a 30/30? If possible, I would even prefer waist size 29. Would that be 44 or even 42 at Suitsupply?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
So far I've only worn chinos by Charles Tyrwhitt in 30/30 and now I want to order my first chinos from Suitsupply in navy.
Would the "Porto Chino" with a low rise be more suitable or the "Blake Trouser" with a high rise if you have short legs?

And what size would most closely match a 30/30? If possible, I would even prefer waist size 29. Would that be 44 or even 42 at Suitsupply?
If you have short legs then definitely go with Blake as it elongates the legs. The rise of the trousers of Suitsupply is not that high that it should be out of the comfort zone for those who usually do not wear high rise trousers - it still adds the desired length to the leg line.

Nicolas92

Reaction score
Ok thank you and so far i would also prefer the Blake trouser because of the high rise. But the porto seems to be a real chino and the blake seems to be a more formal trouser.

Can the Blake trouser still be worn in a casual outfit with sneaker and a polo shirt or will it look to formal ?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Ok thank you and so far i would also prefer the Blake trouser because of the high rise. But the porto seems to be a real chino and the blake seems to be a more formal trouser.

Can the Blake trouser still be worn in a casual outfit with sneaker and a polo shirt or will it look to formal ?
The Blake trouser really is not formal and could easily be worn with sneakers and a polo shirt.

japejapejape

Reaction score
i did not know the blake trouser has a higher rise
if it fits similar to the porto but a higher rise i would choose these from now on.

SZNettles

Reaction score
Anyone use the mtm option from the stores? I have short arms and wonder how well it works. Seeing as I have to make the costly alteration to have the sleeves taken up by the shoulders which also makes it where I cannot buy patterned jackets. Any success from anyone and what’s the prices like?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Anyone use the mtm option from the stores? I have short arms and wonder how well it works. Seeing as I have to make the costly alteration to have the sleeves taken up by the shoulders which also makes it where I cannot buy patterned jackets. Any success from anyone and what’s the prices like?
Yes, the made to measure service can adjust the lenght of the sleeve without a problem. The price depends on the fabric and construction you choose. A regular two-piece suit with half-canvas construction in Super 110 fabric will be around 359-479 €.

martingfx

Reaction score
Same for me, no point in buying rtw and spending additional $150 on alterations. I have two mtm suits and several trousers that I’m very happy with.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So friends, I hope you are all well.

I had my eyes set on a SuSu MTM suit, however I realized it’s trousers I need the most so instead I will make 3-4 pairs. Probably 2-3 flannel ones actually.

I have some beautiful brown ones, what would be your go to for separates? I like the green flannel they had in their rtw range. Probably a navy one and maybe a grey one. Should I stick with solid patterns for those you think? Anyone knows if they can actually adjust the height and rise enough?

Marccarlsson

Reaction score

I would really urge you to stay away from the Blake fit. They aren't really high rise, but instead some kind of weird drop-crotch. I've tried most fits from suitsupply, and while most are on the slim side and none really have a true high rise, most have a decent fit, except the Blake. I would suggest ordering both and return the one that doesn't fit, but I would be surprised if the Blake fits how you would want it to. See the pic below which I think represents the weird fit i'm describing.

I have since ended up with making MTM/CM trousers that now have the perfect fit I want (higher rise, smaller waist, bigger calf etc) which I would recommend to pretty much everyone.

martingfx

Reaction score
So friends, I hope you are all well.

I had my eyes set on a SuSu MTM suit, however I realized it’s trousers I need the most so instead I will make 3-4 pairs. Probably 2-3 flannel ones actually.

I have some beautiful brown ones, what would be your go to for separates? I like the green flannel they had in their rtw range. Probably a navy one and maybe a grey one. Should I stick with solid patterns for those you think? Anyone knows if they can actually adjust the height and rise enough?
50 shades of grey ;)
Not sure how high you like your trousers to sit but these flannels from SuSu sit on my natural waist:
17EB0F0A-DB08-4410-89B0-61929E0F51EA.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.